Are there any fans of American Horror Story?

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2019 06:44 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Hmmm, well then, may be it's just the material I find uninteresting. Or maybe I didn't give it a long enough try.

Don't get me wrong. Each season has varying degrees of horror and quality.

Apocalypse didn't start out particularly strong. It wasn't bad ... but as soon as the witches from Coven came into the story? It became really thrilling and where it goes from that point knowing how inevitable the Apocalypse was from episode one? I'm hooked.

Though, interweaved into the episodes are story closures from characters from the past? Odd choice. Might mean something how Ryan Murphy, the creator and showrunner, will proceed with the current 1984 season and beyond? I suspect that many recurring actors will likely bow out from season 9 and future seasons. Or the series might not be extended beyond season 10.
0 Replies

Sammy00

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2022 05:03 am
@glitterbag,
I’ll watch it, but I’m a very season-by-season watcher. Honestly, most people are probably in the same boat. With so many different seasons, it’s kind of difficult to like them all. I still need to watch Hotel and Roanoke, the former of which I hear is excellent, and the latter terrible. Who knows though, I might have a different opinion after seeing it for myself.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2022 10:31 am
1984 was easily the weakest season of the series. The anthology American Horror Stories is wildly inconsistent and not worth pursuing which I ditched less than halfway through its 1 season run. And finally, I completely stalled out on the latest AHS season after the third or fourth episode. Not sure if I ever plan on returning.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2022 10:30 pm
@tsarstepan,
I haven't thought about that show in a long time. I only remember I didn't like the first season but enjoyed several of the others like crazy. Maybe it's time to take another look...............you never know, maybe I missed something.
0 Replies