Now I've seen everything

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:28 pm
According to the Congressional Balck Caucus Foundation,Global warming is a racial problem.
From the report..."The fundamental conclusion of this report is that there is a stark disparity in the United
States between those who benefit from the causes of climate change and those who bear
the costs of climate change. The basic findings of this report are threefold:
1) African Americans are already disproportionately burdened by the health effects of
climate change, including deaths during heat waves and from worsened air pollution.
Similarly, unemployment and economic hardship associated with climate change will
fall most heavily on the African American community.
2) African Americans are less responsible for climate change than other Americans.
Both historically and at present, African Americans emit less greenhouse gas."

The report goes on to state that Climate change Seems to INTENTIONALLY (my word) target blacks,and that its the white mans fault.

While I dont believe in global warming,this is ridiculous.
The full report is here...
http://www.cbcfinc.org/pdf/Climate_Change.pdf
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 540 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 03:58 am
You don't believe in global warming?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 05:38 am
Poor people would use less gas and energy simply because they can't afford to buy a lot of gas or use other things like that causes pollution. African American's do make up a large majority of the poor. They can't afford to go the doctor as much with various colds and allergies that the meidcal card don't cover, so they do suffer more from the pollution that the richer people make more of.

I don't think that they were saying that the results were intentional; just that is the way it turns out.

You cannot deny that the atomosphere is changing as a direct result from pollution?
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 09:17 am
I guess that's one way to get minorities who currently don't think about it to care and maybe take action. If that's the goal, perhaps it is an attempt to make poor blacks see themselves as victims, in the hopes that they will then see this as an issue affecting them?
Hmm... Not sure I like the means... but... hmm...

Interesting.
0 Replies