Military Spouse- Where to take your NCLEX

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 03:54 pm
Hello,

I am a military spouse and will shortly be finishing my nursing program in the state of Idaho. My husband is on an extended TDY in Georgia and within the next few weeks we should find out what our follow-on base is going to be. My daughter and I are supposed to be continuing on to Georgia as soon as I'm finished with school (around November 1) but I won't officially graduate until late December but won't physically be in the state.

My question is : Would you recommend that I return to Idaho and test because it's the state I was educated in? Or take the NCLEX wherever we end up? Does it make a difference?

I realize the benefit to taking the NCLEX in Idaho would be a guaranteed compact state, but until I know where I'm going I'm not sure that will make a difference. Any input on how easy/difficult it is to finish school in one state and test in another would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Cheri
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,578 • Replies: 0
No top replies