The Barbarian Grope-inator

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 12:18 am
Whatever happened to the lawsuit against the Barbarian Grope-inator?

Governor abandons groping inquiry; Stuntwoman sues, alleges a smear

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who promised after his election to seek an independent investigation into allegations that he groped or harassed women during his acting career, has changed his mind. . . .

The announcement came hours after a former movie stuntwoman sued Schwarzenegger for libel, claiming that one of his campaign operatives had smeared her after she accused the actor of sexually abusing her on two movie sets. . . .

Rhonda Miller, the last of 16 women to allege sexual misconduct by Schwarzenegger during his movie career, is the first to take him to court over an issue that has dogged the former actor since he entered the race for governor in August. . . .

Schwarzenegger apologized shortly before the election for having "behaved badly sometimes'' toward women, as he put it. . . .

"He remains sincerely sorry to anyone he may have offended but has concluded it is time to put this issue behind us once and for all so that he may focus all of his attention and energy on being the governor the people sent him here to be," said Schwarzenegger spokesman Rob Stutzman.

IMO, Schwarzenegger will never respect women. He may have played Conan the Barbarian in the movies, but he's Arnold the Barbarian in real life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 859 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 12:27 am
Lawsuit dismissed.
July 3, 2004

Judge Dismisses Libel Case Against Governor

A Los Angeles judge dismissed a libel suit brought against Arnold Schwarzenegger and his campaign by a former stuntwoman, Rhonda Miller.

The judge ruled that Rhonda Miller's decision to hold a news conference to level her accusations put her in the role of a limited public figure. Therefore, she had to offer clear and convincing evidence that Schwarzenegger and others knew she had no criminal history when the campaign sent an e-mail to reporters suggesting they check her background in criminal court records.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 12:32 am
CNN Report
CNN: Miller and her attorneys promised to appeal.

"I think I should have the right to have my day in court," Miller said in a statement.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:40 am
I'm sure the Liberal media will get right on this story, I mean they did so well when he managed to get elected.

Sexual harrassment cases are hard to prove and harder to prosecute. With the power Arnold wields in Hollywood and now in the entire state there is little power left or justice for the woman he degraded.

Maybe we could get Ken Starr to look into it, it's right up his alley.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 09:46 am
These politically motivated women who come out of the woodwork with these likely bogus stories years and years after the fact don't deserve anything but contempt.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 10:01 am
Karzak
Except of course if the charges are leveled against a democrat. Right.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 03:33 pm
au1929 wrote:
Karzak

Wrong.

If arnie was a dem this wouldn't even make the papers.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 03:39 pm
Karzak wrote:
These politically motivated women who come out of the woodwork with these likely bogus stories years and years after the fact don't deserve anything but contempt.

Yes, women should either stay at the oven in the kitchen or serve their husbands.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 06:33 pm
au1929 wrote:
Karzak

Really? how many women did Clinton grope? How many charges were successfully brought upon him?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 06:39 am
Clinton was had to fight the charges brought against him. They were not swept under the rug as those against the muscle brain.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 06:52 am
He obviously didn't have the right lawyers then. Either that or Clinton was actually guilty of his groping...
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:01 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Karzak wrote:

Yes, women should either stay at the oven in the kitchen or serve their husbands.

There's a Dutch proverb which Karzak would really like to hear I bet: 'het enige recht voor vrouwen is het aanrecht'. Pu-lease!
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:03 am
Arnold is surrounded by two forces

One the Republican party, you know the party for family values Rolling Eyes

The other the Hollywood good old boy club. Both powerful entities and both ensure he never has to be accountable for his lewd acts.

Isn't it ironic that the very party that was so OUTRAGED about Clinton now protect and endorse men like Arnold and Gulianni both who have cheated on their wives. Arnold not only cheated but demeaned woman and actually sexually harassed them.

What would good "lawyers" have to do with it? Seems to me either the party holds principles or it doesn't. I guess what some are saying is the Republican party is NO BETTER and they don't honestly hold any "family value" principles and all claims to such are just outright lies.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 07:33 am
Unless you were actually one of those women, the best you can do is presume guilt.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:07 am
Promises
McGentrix wrote:
Unless you were actually one of those women, the best you can do is presume guilt.

I know Schwarzennegger is guilty of breaking a promise. He promised after his election to seek an independent investigation into allegations that he groped or harassed women. Now that he is elected and holding office, he changed his mind.

Although he knows (or ought to know) that people are concerned that he may be a degrader and victimizer of women, he recently called the California lawmakers "girlie men." If Schwarzennegger compares men to women in a derogatory manner, then that's just a joke and we're all supposed to laugh? I don't find the derogatory connotations of the phrase "girlie men" to be humorous at all when spoken by a government leader.

How are we supposed to take the joke? Does that mean the "girls" belong in places (other than government) where "men" can grope them, and the "girlie boys" ought to grow some balls and run this country like "he-men?"

If anything, our country is a laughing stock when the citizens of the most populated state in the union elect "men" of questionable character like Schwarzennegger to high office.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:13 am
Debra_Law

Quote:
If anything, our country is a laughing stock when the citizens of the most populated state in the union elect "men" of questionable character like Schwarzennegger to high office.

If we did not who than would populate government? Confused
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:41 am
boys will be boys
au1929 wrote:
If we did not who than would populate government?

Ah yes. Boys will be boys--and we must make significant allowances for their boyish behavior because there are no other persons to occupy government office--except maybe girls (and we know we don't want that)!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:56 am
It's a shame women get insulted so easily. Der Gropinator was trying to insult the men. I guess it takes a woman to be insulted appropriately.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:21 pm
Yes, what a shame that women don't just chuckle, and shrug off the perpetuation of stereotypes which have kept them virtual slaves for most of the last several thousands years. Of course, i refer only to women in the industrialized west--those elsewhere are still prisoners to dimwits like the Governator . . .
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 01:54 pm
Re: Promises
Debra_Law wrote:
Now that he is elected and holding office, he changed his mind.

Probably a move to appeal to liberal voters, they like waffling!
0 Replies