12% Voter Turn Out In Raleigh

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 02:32 pm
12% the lady told me at the polling place....and we live in the upwardly mobile white collar educated section of North Raleigh( in theory).....makes me sick.....no wonder we're so screwed up.......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 504 • Replies: 8
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 02:33 pm
12%? That's terrible. You need to get the word out! Even if they vote liberal, at least they are voting!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 02:36 pm
So Bear, do you live near Leetown?

(I used to work for a painter in Clayton, and we painted some pretty pricey new construction in an area referred to as Leetown, between Raleigh and Wake Forest.)

As to the voter turn-out, what was the occassion for the polling?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 02:47 pm
Some seem to have known this before, bear:

Turnout is anybody's guess ... but not so bad.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 02:57 pm
State primary stuff and yes we live in the North End of Raleigh almost in Wake Forest but right off Falls Of Neuse road.....pricey area for sure...I have two million dollar homes within walking distance of my 3400 square foot shack......everyone in my neighborhood whose home is valued at under 600K gets a fruit basket at Christmas from a special fund for the underpriveleged.....I think you may mean the Leesville area, and that's closer to the airport than Wake Forest......
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 03:01 pm
Could be Bear, that was 20 years ago . . .
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 03:04 pm
It is both the delayed Democratic Primary and the regularly scheduled Republican Primary if I heard right.

Hopefully more folks will be stopping by after work. We were there around 3:45, polls close at 7. Most people do not work in the area and wouldn't vote during lunch hour due to commute. Maybe they will see the signs and stop on their way home. (Ever the optimist)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 03:09 pm
We had similarly low turn-outs in Ohio, largely from the perception that the votes wouldn't mean anything in either the Democratic or Republican primaries. Of course, then all of the state and local initiatives are decided by such a low number of voters, that those who carp later really have no one to blame but themselves. I vote in primary elections because there's a good deal more on the ballot than just the Presidential Beauty Contest.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 03:27 pm
GOOD NEWS... The machines we will be using are likely the same connect the arrow with the black marker kind we have been using for years. Shouldn't be any bugs in software at this point, and our votes might really count.
0 Replies