Good Morning A2K!

onevoice

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 11:07 am
Good Afternoon A2K! I hope y'all have a wonderful day! It's beautiful outside here... I hope it is the same for you! Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------

0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 03:17 pm
Good afternoon, oneperson! Smile

Here's a concert for you.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 03:36 pm
@onevoice,
Hi, kiddo (that is a fond saying with some of us here). I don't usually read this thread, at least in part because youtube is useless for my computer. I see white spaces with a link, which leads me to no sound. I don't now remember if you are now still religious, spiritual, or agnostic, or other. I don't follow religious travails since I had enough of my own a zillion years ago. I do remember that we talked well enough before, having differing views.

I'll leave you with this - not believing is not a choice.
onevoice

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 04:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi osso! Good to see you again! Smile I understand the hurts that religion can bring, and please believe me when I tell you that I am so sorry it has hurt you too. Sad I wish with all my heart I could somehow ease that, or even take it away for you and everyone else it has diced into a million pieces. I don't blame you for not wanting to take another run at it. I really don't.

Quote:
I'll leave you with this - not believing is not a choice.

I am curious about this statement though, and hope you will stick around long enough to give me an answer. Smile I am curious how it is you came to this conclusion?
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 04:26 pm
@wmwcjr,
Why thank you Jr! I wil finish l listening to this while I wrap up my Housecleaning. Lol Is it OK of I call you that? I am a bit dyslexic and typing those random letters (as it seems to my brain) has proven difficult. *sigh*
onevoice

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 04:46 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, I forgot to tell you.... I really have been poking around looking for a common ground to share with you... And well everyone else actually.... Lol Please don't think haven't. I finally figured out my hard drive just isn't wired quite the same as... Well... Anyone I have ever met yet actually.

Perhaps I am a few fries short of a happy meal... Don't think I haven't ever wondered... Lol Either way my brain is just interested in what it is interested in. It's been like this my whole life. I didn't graduate with a 1.9 GPA because I couldn't do the work, or didn't understand it... I just merely wasn't interested in what they were teaching. It was nothing personal against anyone then, and it still isn't. Smile
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 12:44 pm
@onevoice,
Sure, you can call me Junior. After all, that's what the jr stands for. I probably shouldn't say this, but I don't care: My username is actually an abbreviation of my full name in real life. As you can see, I showed no imagination in the choice I made for my username here at A2K.

Also, I'm now sick and tired of my heavily armed NRA rodent (whatever it is). A picture of a baby seal would be better. One of my sons-in-law named his fantasy football team The Baby Seals. Razz

Later. . . .
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 03:35 pm
Good evening A2K! I hope y'all have had a wonderful day, and will complete the day on a good note. Smile And if not... Hang in there... Love will get you through. Smile

Thank you Jr. Smile
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 10:08 pm
Goodnight A2K! Sweet dreams and peace to all. Smile

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 06:44 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope you all have a wonderful day. Smile

Life is a series of ups and downs, wrongs and rights, joy and sorrow, success and failure. It is those things that shape us into who we are, and build our character, good or bad. Failure is perhaps the most devastating of them all because it speaks not only to the world of what we've done, which is humiliating enough, but it also leaves a mark on the inside of us. A question mark, causing us to doubt ourselves, even if it is... Only for a moment.

There are probably a million inspirational quotes out there about success and failure, but I think Thomas Edison said it best:

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

Life is about perspective. What you choose to see is what determines your outcome. We don't always get to fly on our first attempt... Or second... Or third.... Lol Sometimes it is the failed attempts that build your strength enough to fly higher than you could ever have imagined in the first place. Smile

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 08:50 am
Just browsing through some music and came across this one. *whew* It's a good one. Smile However, I do believe this is one that believers will have a much greater appreciation for. Smile

Spring is almost here! I hope everyone is able to go out and enjoy the fresh air! If not today... Perhaps another. Just remember... The sun is always shining... Even when you can't see it. Smile

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 06:23 am
Good Morning A2K! Another beautiful day here! I hope y'all have a great day! Smile
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This video may be considered offensive by some.

The truth brings with it:

Love...

Joy...

Peace...

Hope...

Wherever you go today, whoever you interact with... Give them some of this and watch the world light up around you. Smile It's this funny thing I've noticed, see... Every time I enter a dark room and turn on the light... The darkness just suddenly flees.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:33 am
Spreading religious ****, as usual.

Your "truth" has also to do with pain, murder, suffering, grief.

Don't equate religion with all the vain epithets you use.

Extremist jihadists too, say that Islam is a religion of peace..
onevoice

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 09:47 am
@timur,
Wow Timur. You sure do have a sharp tongue. Why so angry? If you don't like it... Don't come here. Everyone else seems to get that, why can't you? You are just one click away from such annoying noise. Oh wait... Let me guess... You are looking for a fight. Well, I am NOT sorry to inform you, you will not find one here. Smile

Have a wonderful day sir! I know I'm gonna. Smile
0 Replies

timur

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 10:04 am
I detest the preachers and the fork-tongued people.

Your proselytizing is damaging to some readers.

I believe it's my duty to do something about it, because :

John le Carre wrote:
The greatest crime is to do nothing

among others..

This thread, or any other for that, doesn't belong to you.

I'll come here as long as I'm not banned.
onevoice

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 11:21 am
@timur,
But Timur... What really are you doing?

Other than making yourself look foolish because I really haven't done anything to merit this behavior from you. All I am doing is my best to love people the way I feel everyone deserves to be loved. I ask nothing in return. Not even that you or anyone like me, care for my approach, or approve of my actions. Smile You can take it or leave it. The choice is yours.
timur

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 11:39 am
@onevoice,
I fully disagree with such assertions.

First, I don't believe for a second I look foolish.

And even if I do, it's only in the eyes of holly rollers like you.

You are not spreading love or any other friendly feeling.

You are trying to spread a deadly disease that is brainwashing humankind.

If you want to offer love and peace, stop associating it with god or religion in such detestable ways.
wmwcjr

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 11:51 am
@onevoice,
I agree with you, onevoice. You haven't done anything to deserve such a reaction -- nothing of an offensive nature.

Sadly, Timur apparently doesn't believe in "Live and let live." He's just a hypocritical bigot whose own hatred apes that of the religious jerks and extremists he condemns. (Of course, just like a bigot, he condemns all religious people besides the aforementioned.)
timur

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 12:00 pm
@wmwcjr,
You defended Frank too.

Bigotry at its best...
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 12:10 pm
@timur,
Quote:
First, I don't believe for a second I look foolish.

Not surprised. Wink

Quote:
And even if I do, it's only in the eyes of holly rollers like you.

I don't look down on you Timur. I actually love you, as a person. Period. Nothing you say or do here, or anywhere will change that.

Quote:
You are not spreading love or any other friendly feeling.

Just because you have chosen not to receive it as such, does not mean that others don't or won't. It's there for those who want it.

Quote:
You are trying to spread a deadly disease that is brainwashing humankind.

Love is a disease? Really? Man, it is sad that you believe that. If I were attempting to force this on anyone, as you are implying... don't you think I'd be chasing all you so called sinners around through out the threads to point out your flaws and tell you to "turn or burn"? Trying to instill fear in you and everyone else to make you believe what I believe? I'm not doing that. I am here and I do my best to offer the best answer I have for questions I run across here and there. That's it.

I don't manipulate. I have no reason to. I am grounded fully in what I believe, and do not need anyone's acceptance or approval to continue believing it. I'm not going to pretend to know what you've been through... Only you know that.

But Timur I want you to know something. I am so sorry for the things religous people have done to you. They ways they've hurt you and if that has somehow left you feeling unworthy, and unlovable. No one deserves to be treated like that. NO ONE. Religion is, I think, the most destructive force I have come across in my life, and you are only one of millions of it's victims. I just want you to know that I am sorry.

If I could somehow take that pain from you, and carry it for you until you had the strength to finally let it go, I would. Honestly, with all my heart I would.