Good Morning A2K!

onevoice

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 09:22 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope you are having a bright, beautiful Friday this week! Very Happy Mine is rather dreary at the moment. Cold... Cloudy... A bit of rain and snow mix... Blah. So... No outside chores for me today. I prefer to be outside honestly, but a little thinking/writing time is always good for the soul. Smile

So I came across a video this morning as I was trying to distract myself from "The sound of Silence" since it is still churning in my brain... (AHHHH!) This is a very inspirational speech by Martin Luther King. Smile

Keep Moving.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Smile

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2017 10:47 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope this morning finds you well! Very Happy Just wanted to pop in and share a few thoughts. Have a great weekend Everyone! Very Happy

12-12-17

As I sit here alone and let my mind wander, contemplating life and it's circumstances, I still feel lost. I have successfully been finding distractions for about a week now to keep from looking at something else...

What my connection to this song is... ("The Sound of Silence") Because you see since the first time I listened to this a week or so ago there has been a seemingly unbreakable connection to it. This does not happen often... That a song is just there... In my face... Day and night... Waking... And yes... Even in sleeping too sometimes...

When it has happened before there has always been a lesson in it somewhere... An answer to a question I only thought and never asked... A word of encouragement in a discouraging time... And I have come upon that rather quickly... But this song... Oh how it has been haunting me...

As I lay in my bed at night to drift into a fitful sleep... It begins playing in my head... I awake in the morning and begin humming it unintentionally... Middle of the day... Randomly sing out, "In restless dreams I walked alone... Narrow streets of cobblestone...."

To be continued....

12-15-17

Today... Several days later... I think I am ready to finish this post finally. I hit a wall suddenly... Just blanked out and walked away for a few days because straining your brain rarely does much good. I figured the answer would come when it was time to understand.

Soooo... I woke up this morning with the song "Mary Did You Know" In my head. Couldn't seem farther away from Disturbed's dark version of "Sound of Silence" on the spectrum of music now could it... Lol Well I am a firm believer that opposites attract in all facets of life. There's a reason for that.. It really does take being on both sides of the spectrum to fully understand what goes on in the middle.

So anyway, I sit and listen to a couple different versions of "Mary Did You Know" and was brought to tears this morning. Touched deeply by the lyrics in this song and the actual thought behind them. The idea that one unassuming young woman could hold something so precious... So important... So Delicate while holding the greatest strength known to men within that tiny... Little... Beating heart... And perhaps not even realize it...

I began to wonder to myself, "How many precious gifts... Promises... Have I held in my own hands and not realized what it was I was truly holding?" Because it didn't look, feel, sound like I was expecting... Like the "Sound of Silence", the original version sung by Simon and Garfunkle... Simon wrote that song initially as kind of a whimsical little catchy tune, no real intent or deep thought behind those lyrics...

He put it out to the world, even stating at one point that people liked the catchy tune, that is why it became so popular... Not even realizing the gift of insight he was offering the world on things that weren't even prevalent in those times... Compared to now...

What is this song now?

It is an echo...

It is a song that has reverberated though out the years... The generations... Like ripples on an endless sea... Changing... Growing in intent and meaning... Bouncing off the walls of the depraved souls it touches... With the deepness of its thought...

An echo...

Like the life of Jesus still echo's in the hearts of those who believe...

People have spent decades trying to disprove His existence from every angle possible. But His story echo's on through time and space as only His story can. Just as Martin Luther King, Corrie Ten Boom, Albert Einstein, Abraham Lincoln... All history shapers that lived and died and yet still live on through the echo their life left behind.

I believe we all leave an echo behind when we are gone. Some echo's are louder and go farther than others... But each one holds significance... Each one is important... And each one has the power to effect generations to come...

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2017 12:12 pm
Merry Christmas A2K! I hope you all have a wonderful day, filled with love and joy! Very Happy

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2017 12:37 pm
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:
They were able to bring out the meaning

or brought out a different meaning

there was something the lead singer of Disturbed heard or felt

the first time I heard their version I couldn't reconcile it with the original

now I accept them as two different perspectives .... with the new one more resonant for me
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2017 12:42 pm
@onevoice,
Leonard's last song

If you are the dealer, I'm out of the game
If you are the healer, it means I'm broken and lame
If thine is the glory then mine must be the shame
You want it darker
We kill the flame

Magnified, sanctified, be thy holy name
Vilified, crucified, in the human frame
A million candles burning for the help that never came
You want it darker

Hineni, hineni
I'm ready, my lord

a wonderful 15 minute interview with the cantor who collaborated on You want it darker

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/schedule-for-thursday-october-13-2016-1.3801716/cantor-gideon-zelermyer-on-collaborating-with-leonard-cohen-1.3801764
0 Replies

sarasmith780

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2018 04:50 am
Hi, I am newbie and hoping that will be able2know and prove that I can also have knowledge.

Thanks Smile
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 02:40 pm
Good Afternoon A2K! I hope this post finds you all well. Smile

I apologize for being away so long. I see I have missed a few things. Sad My life has been in a haze of sorts for the last several months. I know this may sound strange… But this thread here… On A2K… Is what has kept me going… Without me even being here. Each post… Each song… Has become like a lantern hanging on a post along the path of this strange journey I am on. And somehow A2K became the very foundation place of the rebuilding of my own. And this afternoon I was sitting here thinking… How? How did that happen? See, at the beginning of the rebuilding… When I first came back… I had a unique experience one night. I was looking up at this little cluster of stars, that many years ago had held much significance to me for spiritual reasons. I wasn’t even thinking about that though… I was just looking at it, almost as if none of that had ever happened… Because it sure didn’t feel like it at the time.

But suddenly there was this resounding voice inside of me… I don’t even know how to explain it… And I know this is going to sound either insane… or insanely funny… But I heard that line from The Lion King, except with my name, “ROBIN… REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE”. And I mean those words literally were pulsating in my heart. I thought, “What? What does that even mean?” And then I actually remembered the meaning of that cluster of stars, and something inside of me woke up. Something remembered something other than the current me I was so unhappy with. It remembered a me that was actually happy. But it was faint… It felt distant. Then I just suddenly kind of plopped back into A2K, pretty much unintentionally, and really not quite sure what to do with myself to be honest. Because I am not that person I was when I first started here waaaaaaay back when.

But I don’t exactly know who I am.

I had no clue that starting this thread would actually be the step by step process I was walking through on this journey. See, each of these songs hold a very special meaning to me, because each one represents a little piece of who I was, who I am, and somehow, who I am becoming. But I didn’t realize most of that until today. I sincerely was just listening to these songs and each time it would awaken something within me I had forgotten along the way. So when I am sharing these songs, I am telling you a piece of my story. And this whole thing amazes me actually because it is actually an answered prayer. A prayer long forgotten from my early 20’s that resurface for me through one of these songs along the way… A prayer where I asked God to make my life a love song for Him.

And He is doing it.. Here… But many of you may not see it that way, which is ok too because how you feel about me or God will never change how I feel about any of you, because that 11 year old genius was right when he said, "It takes more faith to not believe in God than it does to believe in Him." You all are champions of your faith in my eyes, and I honestly respect that. Smile I am grateful to be here, to be able to express myself freely in the best way I know how… Through writing. That has been the other part of the reawakening… Because interestingly enough, all my life I have been somewhat unseen, unheard, and well… Invisible… Out there in that big ol world… But my words… My words are not invisible. This is the only way I have ever found to be seen in life. I am not talking about in the physical sense… Because out in the real world that’s all anyone sees… Is what we present on the outside… And I know that this song I am about to share is what brought all of this back into the light for me… Because this time I remembered the prayer that landed me here in the first place…

This song… lol

Yes, the entire thing.

Another aspect of the me you have never met. The girl who used to sing songs like this at the top of her lungs as a prayer. Lol

Have a great rest of the day everyone. Smile

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2018 04:46 pm
Good evening A2K! I hope you all are doing well! Very Happy

The New Song has begun:

Man this is BEAUTIFUL!!

Have a good rest of the day!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2018 08:48 pm
Quote:

Jeremy Dutcher is a singer-songwriter of Indigenous Wolostoq heritage. His debut album, Wolastoqiyik Lintuwakonawa, is a reimagining of wax cylinder recordings performed by members of the Wolostoq community in the early 1900s — a time when the Canadian government had essentially banned Indigenous people from passing on their traditions.

Dutcher joins Tom Power for a performance and chat about his debut album, and why making it was as much about saving the Wolostoq language from extinction, as it was about reimagining it.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/wednesday-april-4-2018-jack-white-jeremy-dutcher-and-more-1.4603073/musician-jeremy-dutcher-preserves-his-language-and-reimagines-ancestral-songs-on-debut-album-1.4603398

just under 20 minutes of wonder

stretch your heart and mind
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 06:29 pm
Good evening A2K! I hope you all are doing well!

I need to ask a favor.

I need for anyone who is willing to take the time to do this to please look something up for me... Individually... and post the same link over and over....

I don't care...

Because who ever can truly hear the message in this next song will not even care why I am asking.

There is a post I did...

One to two years ago.

It was about my pastor and when he was dying.

I need that information right now, and for reasons I cannot explain, I cannot take the time to look it up myself.

Thank you all so much.

I know I am like never actually "around" anymore... But please know that my heart is here and always will be...

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 07:21 pm
My God you guys... Aren't you tired of this merry go round that life IS?

I am...

onevoice

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 06:57 am
0 Replies

russellweems10

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 08:04 am
Good morning.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 08:52 am
Good Morning Russell!!! Very Happy

Good Morning to all! Beautiful spring day here! Hope everyone can find a way to enjoy it! Very Happy

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 08:10 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope all is well with everyone! Just another beautiful spring day here! Very Happy

So I found the information I was looking for. It wasn't nearly as hard to find as I had imagined it would be. In all honesty I was just overwhelmed at that moment I asked for help... And just reaching out to see if anyone here even cares about me anymore. If anyone would even want to help me.

But now that I have found it, I suddenly realized that wasn't even what I was looking for... The information I remembered was completely accurate for that part of the story. It was everything surrounding it that I needed to see.

So anyway, whether any of you ever choose to believe me or not... I am going to say this again...

I love you guys with all of my heart.

From the owner of the sight... All the way to the person that just joined...

A2K has played such a huge roll in my story, and I know in my heart that not one moment spent here has ever been wasted.

I hope that someday this will all make sense to you.

I love you.

That is never going to change

Even if you choose to ignore me til the day I die.

I will always love you.

Because each and every single one of you that has known me since the beginning, and a few others who have joined in along the way, has played a significant part in my journey and in my healing.

And I will always be thankful for that. 😀

Have a great day everyone!

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 08:22 am
Crap... I forgot to ask my last question...

If someone could please tell me what Robert's screen name was when I first got here...

I have looked and looked, and it is seriously just a curiosity thing because I can't remember what it was...

Craven... De... Something or other... Lol

Am I even close????

Bahahaha!

Sorry, But please?

I really just need to know.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 08:31 am
@onevoice,
go to the top of the page - right side - in the dark blue section

click on search

type in Craven

hopefully you'll find what you're looking for
Sturgis

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 09:07 am
@onevoice,
Quote:
My God you guys... Aren't you tired of this merry go round that life IS?

Not yet. Each day seems to offer up something new. Sometimes exciting, sometimes bothersome, all of it makes me think and reflect on the past and wonder about what is in the future.
onevoice

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 04:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you EhBeth! I do appreciate it! 😀 *sigh* The mystery lives on...

For now...

Lol

Please know I am not ignoring you ehbeth. I only speak where I am told to speak now a days.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 04:57 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis, my friend...

If you ever want to see your future...

Because you DO have one whether you believe it or not...

You are going to have to let go of the past.

0 Replies