Will Kerry accept their help/endorsement?

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:38 pm
It seems John Kerry has a new ally in the fight against Bush. The US Communist party has decided to endorse John Kerry and try to aid him in his bid to win the White House.
Is that the kind of support Kerry really wants/needs?

http://www.cpusa.org/

Every article on their home page is an attack on Bush and tries to defeat him.It seems Kerry has a new ally.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 708 • Replies: 11
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:43 pm
Re: Will Kerry accept their help/endorsement?
mysteryman wrote:
It seems John Kerry has a new ally in the fight against Bush. The US Communist party has decided to endorse John Kerry and try to aid him in his bid to win the White House.
Is that the kind of support Kerry really wants/needs?

http://www.cpusa.org/

Every article on their home page is an attack on Bush and tries to defeat him.It seems Kerry has a new ally.

nowhere is Kerry mentioned. You are saying since they hate bush, they are Kerry's allies and attempting to put a negative label on Kerry by attaching him to the communist party. Same exact childish nonsense you are always accusing the left of. What's up ?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:51 pm
Actually,that wasnt my intention at all. I was just pointing out the similiarities of the two positions.
I was pointing out that since their positions are so much like Kerry's,would he accept an endorsement or an offer of aid from them.
I think my title said it.If they offer,will he accept it?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 04:09 pm
Comparing Kerry's positions to the Communist party is like comparing Bush's positions to the KKK.

This is just a ignorant attempt at an unjustified smear.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 07:08 pm
http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/072004Y.shtml
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 08:18 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Actually,that wasnt my intention at all. I was just pointing out the similiarities of the two positions.
I was pointing out that since their positions are so much like Kerry's,would he accept an endorsement or an offer of aid from them.
I think my title said it.If they offer,will he accept it?

Actually, you did indicate that the Communist Party has endorsed John Kerry:

"The US Communist party has decided to endorse John Kerry and try to aid him in his bid to win the White House."

I couldn't find the endorsement. Where is it hidden?

Kerry would never acknowledge the endorsement or accept their aid for political as well as ideological reasons. It's foolish to even ask the question, and transparent as to your intent.

Leave this sort of silliness to the Bush Haters.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 08:19 pm

And this is relevant how?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 08:30 pm
Re: Will Kerry accept their help/endorsement?
mysteryman wrote:
The US Communist party has decided to endorse John Kerry and try to aid him in his bid to win the White House.

Even by mysteryman's incredibly dismal standards, this marks a new low for mendacity.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 08:38 pm
mendacity...help me out...is that anything like mayonnaise?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 08:39 pm
from Noddy's link ...

Quote:
The Michigan Republican Party submitted more than 40,000 signatures last week in a bid to get independent presidential candidate Ralph Nader on the state's November ballot.

Of course, this is not really about helping Nader. It is all about helping President Bush and hurting Democratic presidential candidate John F. Kerry's campaign in a closely contested state.

The Michigan GOP denies that, of course. Matt Davis, a spokesman for the group, said it was merely concerned about third-party candidates being left off the ballot. He could not name, however, another third-party or independent candidate his party has helped.

It's politics, and it's weird in so many ways.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 08:42 pm
BPB--

Catch a late-night viewing of Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, if you like old Newman or Liz Taylor movies, and want a real education about mendacity.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:08 pm
ehBeth wrote:
from Noddy's link ...

Quote:
The Michigan Republican Party submitted more than 40,000 signatures last week in a bid to get independent presidential candidate Ralph Nader on the state's November ballot.

Of course, this is not really about helping Nader. It is all about helping President Bush and hurting Democratic presidential candidate John F. Kerry's campaign in a closely contested state.

The Michigan GOP denies that, of course. Matt Davis, a spokesman for the group, said it was merely concerned about third-party candidates being left off the ballot. He could not name, however, another third-party or independent candidate his party has helped.

It's politics, and it's weird in so many ways.

By that reasoning, then, providing a link to a town where a pig is running for mayor would also be relevant. Cool
0 Replies