I guess he learned how to flip-flop from Kerry.

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:27 pm
Jan. 2004: When asked on NBC's "Today" show whether he'd run as a vice presidential candidate, he ruled it out. "No. No. Final. I don't want to be vice president. I'm running for president."-John Edwards
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 989 • Replies: 13
No top replies

JustanObserver

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:33 pm
How stupid. He was running for PRESIDENT, of course he's going to say that.

But I get your point. Whenever Kerry or Edwards changes his mind, it's a "flip-flop". Whenever Bush does it, he's just "dealing with a changing world". Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:43 pm
JustanObserver wrote:
How stupid. He was running for PRESIDENT, of course he's going to say that.

But I get your point. Whenever Kerry or Edwards changes his mind, it's a "flip-flop". Whenever Bush does it, he's just "dealing with a changing world". Rolling Eyes

You missed my point Why would he be this adamant about it,then decide at the first chance to accept the offer from Kerry?

McCain ran,and refused to even consider running for VP.
Even after Kerry tried to get him(according to the press) McCain refused to change his position.
Edwards couldnt wait to change his position.It doesnt make sense to me.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:49 pm
mysteryman wrote:
It doesnt make sense to me.

That's not that surprising Laughing
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 03:53 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

What doesnt make sense to me is how ANY person,including any politician,can break their word.
Kerry,Edwards,Bush,Kennedy,anyone of them.If they break their word,then they are worthless and cant be trusted.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 04:02 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

What doesnt make sense to me is how ANY person,including any politician,can break their word.
Kerry,Edwards,Bush,Kennedy,anyone of them.If they break their word,then they are worthless and cant be trusted.

I have to agree with you there, which is why if I were American, I would not vote.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 04:18 pm
Quote:

I don't want to be vice president. I'm running for president.

This seems like an awfully big stretch...

When he made this quote he hadn't given up the nomination yet. It does not say that he would never accept the vice presidential nomination. It simply says that he wants to be president.

Geesh! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 04:19 pm
cavfancier wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

I have to agree with you there, which is why if I were American, I would not vote.

Not only should be not vote he shouldn't read newspapers or A2K political threads to protect his tender sensibilities from being buffeted and bruised by this cruel uncaring world.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 06:17 pm
I agree with ebrown. It's not a flip flop, nor is it going back on his word, nor is it hard to fathom. A champion does not settle for second place until he's out of the running for first. Would be pretty stupid to just drop everything stubbornly simply because the media tried to niche you.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 07:26 am
Sometimes I wonder if people actually pay attention to the election process. You know I love you MM but of course he would say that when given the time frame in which it was said.

Each candidate who runs for President when asked if they would take the VP spot WILL SAY NO. Why? Because why would someone vote for them if they are ready to be VP? If people knew at the time that Edwards would take the VP spot then they wouldn't vote for him as Prez. Doesn't that make sense that he would not give the impression that he would settle for the VP spot. Several candidates have done it, it's not new and it's not flip flopping.

Now you want flip flopping:

Quote:

Source
0 Replies

Sagamore

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 07:46 am
Redheat is absolutely correct. Anytime a candidate for President says he would accept the VP role, he is, from that moment on, no longer a serious candidate for president. This is certainly not an example of flip flopping. Redheat gave a number of appropriate examples of that from the king of Flip floppery: George W. Bush!!!!
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 12:47 pm
Nice job, Redheat!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 12:50 pm
link
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 12:50 pm
Thanks! Very Happy