Democrat/Republican Role Reversal

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 10:47 pm
What factors or who caused this 150 degree reversal?

Democrats used to be the most despikkkable white racists, now they are all about equality. Republicans (in the past) fought and died for equality now they are rankkk disguising bigots?

It is hard being a democrat today considering their past, but since so many blacks are democrats it seems okay somehow.

As for today's republicans don't even get me started. As a democrat today I love Lincoln more than the average republican. I left the republican party when they left Lincoln.

What can we attribute this reversal to, money, religion, true democratic principles, party fatigue? Is it because so many blacks live in the south?

Is it because all the racists died off in the democratic party and the freedom loving republicans were replaced by wacky Tea Party Christian fundamentalists, after all Jesus was apparently a racist! (cynical)

What is driving all this lunacy and the millennials seem oblivious...

Please, comments are welcome. I will be googling this soon.

If you are unaware of this reversal then you must be a republican...

I would like the best minds on Able2Know (you know who you are) to chime in on this one. Let's get to the bottom of this...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,036 • Replies: 16
No top replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 12:32 am
My vast knowledge of religion gives me some insight into this question...

The "Southern Baptist" and the "Northern Congregationalist".

Since no one seems to want to make the first reply I will. I think (cuz I don't know but) it has to do mostly with money because most (if not all) "overtly" religious people are greedy capitalist opportunists.

Secondly some are literalists (so they say) and some are theorists.

The north has theorists and the south has literalists. Why, well because these are the corporate religious organization massive structures that cropped up after the civil war.

In other words, the north has constitutionalists(Stephen King) spiritualists and the south has freak Baptists... It might seem the hard core racists of the south fled to the north to escape those scary black people only to find a kind of agnostic religion. Their children became raised on that instead.

The carpet baggers went to the south to be entrapped in the literal fundamental Baptist religion. It took only one generation for the carpet baggers to become trapped by southern crap Baptist Mike Freakabee hospitality...

How do I now this to be true?

Joshua Chamberlain was a civil war general whose family was embroiled in "witchcraft accusations".

Figure it out... think about it...

Religion and money are the main catalysts.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 01:12 am
So it would seem the south is not evil because of its government but because of its religion.

The generals targeted the southern government municipal buildings not the churches...

You can make war with its people, burn its towns and cities but until you extinguish its hateful religion you will not make any change!!!!!

The way to extinguish this racist religion is to strengthen public secular schools with science and general liberal philosophy.

The same goes for any radical religion, Christianity, Islam and Judaism....

Religion does not have a constitutional license to create inter-religious wars at its own whims and fancies!

It is time to regulate religious devotion WORLDWIDE.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 02:21 am
Bible based religion has transformed paganism (the earliest known religion) into a "taking" religion.

How else would the rich amass wealth?

They changed the role of religion into a taking entity rather than a giving entity. They drink blood to gain life.

They take and make profits from slavery...

This is why we have brought the world to the brink of disaster.

We are more concerned in our American dream rather than our American charity.

It is this reversal of ideas that the primordial humans sustained the world for hundreds of thousands of year to now near collapse in only a few hundred years.

We are implored to drink the blood and eat the body of others to sustain our life rather than we give of our bodies to aid humanity, the earth and its systems.

The Tea Party idea is to take in selfish capitalism rather than to give back in pagan and pantheism (Ayn Rand).

Do we build walls or open our arms to all life? Giving is the secret to enlightenment.

We rather than drink blood and eat flesh of others need to give back blood, toil and tears.

The moment religion is "chosen" for us we lose connection to our own psyche...
HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 08:58 am
@TheCobbler,
The reversal happened a long time ago. Couple generations or so. Don't know why or how but assume victories in WW1 and 2 played a part.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 04:48 pm
@TheCobbler,
I try to stay away from religion because I cant believe that a bunch of books written by humans with God furnishing the esp communication can be accurate. You seem to have a hard on for Catholicism.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 10:11 am
@RABEL222,
I don't take seriously any Abrahamic based religion.

There is a vast difference between studies and devotion.

Know your enemies...
RABEL222

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 05:12 pm
@TheCobbler,
Well that takes care of about 3 billion religious people.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 07:53 pm
"Religious intellectualism" is in many cases an oxymoron.

Remember the God of the main 3 religions was against humans possessing knowledge?

Something about with knowledge comes pride.

I beg to differ, you can have pride with virtually no knowledge at all.

Just as some of the most educated people can be the most charitable...

The very tenets of Abrahamic religion are, to borrow a phrase, built on shifting sands...

Knowledge is not the problem, faith without evidence seems to be the source of most misconceptions.

The only reason for restricting certain kinds of knowledge would be to shield children from the ugliness of this world long enough so they can have a happy childhood and knowledge that can be weaponized should be kept from those who might use it to do harm.

In both cases it is not the knowledge itself but the misuse of this knowledge to corrupt and cause undue harm to others.

During the American/Russian cold war it was rumored in America that while American doctors labored to find cures for disease, Russian doctors sought ways to make people sick so these ways could be exported to America and possibly become the cause for societal collapse.

Much like the republican Governors in America today, while professing to be pro-life they are desperately searching for the "knowledge" to execute criminals in the most bloodless and "humane" ways.

Knowledge used to murder rather than rehabilitate...

Be they Russian orthodox or republican Christian fundamentals, "Thou shalt not kill..."
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 12:04 am
The republicans of the north did not want the democrats to get rich over the hard labor of slaves in the south so they funded the war.

They wanted control of money not necessarily racial unity.

Now these rich republicans do not want the middle class to get rich over their "own" labor...

It is still about slavery. The right to work.?

Not the middle class' right to a fair wage but the corporation's right to cheap "American" slave workers...

Republicans are all about the submission of labor. This is why in their minds slavery was not the issue, only if the slaves are their own...

The republican war on the middle class is about power not about the ethics of slavery...
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 10:24 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
"Religious intellectualism" is in many cases an oxymoron.

How do you explain a person like me who received a 12 year catholic education and yet is able to think for myself and question religion and government? Maybe I am deluding myself thinking I am much more rational than many on this forum.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 10:37 pm
@RABEL222,
Same with me, Rabel.

I get we disagree on stuff on occasion, but we have similar backgrounds.

On religious intellectuals, I have read many of them, got their views at the time, at least somewhat.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:45 pm
@RABEL222,
Just as any two things that are juxtaposed, you both allowed intellectualism to rise above and win over religion.

For the two are incompatible. It may take even 20 years or more to realize this and I believe that is the true meaning of becoming "enlightened".

Thus you are no longer lit by the flame and fervor of religion but by the rational and reason of intellectualism...

Pope Francis exudes this intellectualism even at the expense of the religious pillars of the Bible/church.

Contrarily, religious fundamentalism has produces some of the most despotic, narrow-minded, anti-science fools of logic and intellect ever known.

Snake charmers, ghosts, most spirituality, the great flood, justification for slavery, justification for world hunger, young earth, creationism, polygamy, bigamy, homophobia, racism, sexism, faith based healing, holy wars... all are products of intellectual depravation.

Guess which card I am holding up?

Smile
RABEL222

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2015 10:53 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Pope Francis exudes this intellectualism even at the expense of the religious pillars of the Bible/church.

The religious nuns taught me to think for myself. You blew your whole all religion is bad theme with the quote I posted from you. Just like all things on earth, some are bad, some are good. Depends on the human involved.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 06:34 am
@RABEL222,
If a religion stems from the idea that the books of Moses (Abrahamic tradition) are HOLY and written by God then I can easily paint with a wide brush the idea that the lack of value in such a system of belief is incontrovertible.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 06:52 am
Death of the Reagan revolution: Why the Southern Strategy is beginning to come undone
http://www.salon.com/2015/10/15/death_of_the_reagan_revolution_why_the_southern_strategy_is_beginning_to_come_undone/
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 10:24 pm
Us "libtard" northerners taught you racist conservatives a lot about the second amendment huh?
0 Replies