Libertarian lawsuit against government re right of petition

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 09:05 am
Libertarians and others may be interested in the lawsuit filed today against the US government regarding the Bush administration's failure to answer questions about taking the US to war in Iraq under the right to petition in the First Amendment to the Constitution.

http://www.givemeliberty.org/RTPLawsuit/InfoCenter.htm

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 447 • Replies: 4
No top replies

fishin

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:11 am
Quote:
"Since 1999, the We The People Foundation For Constitutional Education, Inc., has been spearheading a 1st Amendment process of Petitioning the government for a Redress of Grievances relating to the fraudulent origin and illegal operation of the federal income tax system. We have tens of thousands of Americans participating in the process. All of our efforts have been respectful, intelligent and rational. We have submitted solid evidence to the leaders of the political branches, and to every congressman, that the government lacks the constitutional and statutory authority to force employers to withhold money from paychecks and turn that money over to the IRS, and no authority to force Americans to file a tax return and pay the tax."

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:17 am
some Libertarian wrote:
All of our efforts have been respectful, intelligent and rational.

I see no evidence to support at least two-thirds of that statement.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:21 am
Fishin
Fishin, while not a member nor supporter of the organization, I'm aware of it's basic goal regarding its opposition to taxation, but I find it interesting that it is using the vehicle of the constitutional right of the people to petition the government to redress grievances under the First Amendment.

BBB
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 10:55 am
I am a Libertarian. I say Bravo!
0 Replies