Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 05:38 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 12,754 • Replies: 22
No top replies

au1929

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 08:45 am
Another ringing endorsment of Bush. It just fleshes out the picture. The arrogant SOB
0 Replies

Jhoana

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:33 pm
I hate Bush
I hate Bush
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:48 pm
Oh boy! Another thread dedicated to bashing Bush! Whoppee!! I bet BBB got aroused when she first read this.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:36 pm
Probably no more aroused than your little pecker gets when Bush does anything that covers the right wing conservative mandate.

What a silly comment McG.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:38 pm
Have you even looked at the dates on the thread, McG?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:42 pm
DD, you know he doesn't actually read most anti-bush threads, he just denounces them with ad hominems from afar.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:44 pm
Oh! I thought only the left had knee-jerk reactions like that. Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:48 pm
I never get tired of being adored by you guys. It's fun having a fanclub of my very own. I bet you guys even have a special website somewhere dedicated to discussing me. You probably have a cool password like "McGentrixrocks" and have secretly cut and pasted all my posts there.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:49 pm
Cutting and pasting your posts would be redundant.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:52 pm
You probably have all my past avatars on an alter, huh DD?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:53 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I never get tired of being adored by you guys. It's fun having a fanclub of my very own. I bet you guys even have a special website somewhere dedicated to discussing me. You probably have a cool password like "McGentrixrocks" and have secretly cut and pasted all my posts there.

Seems you've convinced yourself of that prety quickly...you must also think then, that we secretly want to blow Bush because we openly bash the idiocy of his entire presidency.
Convince yourself of whatever you wish, but don't think that your belief on a matter makes it empirically so.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 03:56 pm
Nah, Bush is a public figure open to your scrutiny and petty insults. I am not a public figure, so I figure there must be some kind of odd attraction you have with me. But, just for the record, I don't swing that way, so you will just have keep your fantasy life fantasy.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 04:11 pm
There's always an odd fascination with the punch-drunk fighter that keeps coming back just to get smacked down again.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 07:18 pm
That's really some damning testimony, though. Bush thought the Grapes of Wrath was corny. Well, that's probably as good it gets at a hot bed of right wing thought like Harvard.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 07:35 pm
has anyone ever flunked out of the harvard school of business?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:26 pm
You know he sounds like a really arrogant prick.

I'm reminded of the comments that Chris Patten the former Governor of Hong Kong when it was handed back to China and now a member of the House of Lords said about Tony Blair when he was asked his views of him on local radio here.

"Deeply superficial" was Patten's description.

Bush strikes me as a man who has never done anything by himself. He has doors opened for him simply because of his family and other connections. Left alone in the real world the poor fool would starve to death.

Sorry McG I know you admire him a great deal but that's how I see him.

You know I felt a bit sorry for Nixon when he left the White House in disgrace. But when this bloke leaves I won't feel a shred of sympathy, not a damn shred. America and the world will be much better off when he and his offsider Cheney are back in their corporate blood-sucking roles.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:57 pm
Bwa ha ha. "Deeply superficial". That's a killer.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:36 pm
goodfielder wrote:
Bush strikes me as a man who has never done anything by himself. He has doors opened for him simply because of his family and other connections. Left alone in the real world the poor fool would starve to death.

Sorry McG I know you admire him a great deal but that's how I see him.

You know I felt a bit sorry for Nixon when he left the White House in disgrace. But when this bloke leaves I won't feel a shred of sympathy, not a damn shred. America and the world will be much better off when he and his offsider Cheney are back in their corporate blood-sucking roles.

Not everyone shares your views. This article by Lanny Davis appeared in the LATimes earlier this year (it's archived now but you can contact them for a reprint). Mr. Davis - a Democrat who wished for nothing more than to see Dubya defeated in both elections - has not wavered in his opinions of the president over the years. He's no doubt criticized Bush's political policies, but he's naver wavered in his opinion of Bush's character, and has often commented favorably on the president's intelligence, compassion, warmth and good humor. He was closest to his friend in college (they were fraternity brothers), but according to Mr. Davis you would never have known that Bush came from privilege.

Quote:
True Confession: A Democrat Likes George
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 04:20 am
Thanks JW - read with interest (and I'm not being sarcastic). I have to say it surprises me but this bloke obviously knew him back then so who am I to disagree. Okay I'll stick to blueing about his policies then.
0 Replies