alarm not switching over to 9v battery backup

eltc

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 01:41 am
Hi.. I have a bedside alarm clock im trying to fix,it works perfectly on main power but when jou switch the main power off it doesn't switch over to the 9v battery backup.. i have opened it up and there is power from the battery to die circuit board but from there on im lost.. what could possibly be the problem?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,078 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

roger

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 01:48 am
@eltc ,
Are you sure it doesn't work on battery power? On most of them, when the power goes off, there is no display and no alarm. This is to save the battery, but they do keep on keeping time. When the power is back on, they give the right time and the alarm is still set.
eltc

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 02:00 am
@roger,
Thanks for the reply Roger,

No it doesn't,it has a mains wire to your plug and a 9v battery backup ,it dit work before so thats why im trying to find out what the fault could be,before when the main power went off the 9v backup battery kicks in and keeps you from over sleeping ,now its just dead when the mains are off.
roger

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 02:07 am
@eltc ,
Oops! I've got nothing to offer, then.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 10:06 am
@eltc ,
Eltc is the 9v-er rechargedable

How ya like that word by the way, owes to my habit of saving before checking But I like it, I feel recharged, able. But didja check its voltage when sposta be recharging
0 Replies