Sunday, Sunday ..

the prince

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 02:42 am
I just love Sundays !! Even more than Saturdays !!

Get up when u want - I never seem to wake up before 1000, though most of the times it is later if I am out partying last night. A hot cup of tea, and the Sunday times - cover to cover - then to the gym for a good workout to clear my head. Comeback, clean my bedroom a bit (by the end of the week it looks like a hurricane has stuck it, if I leave it like that, the maid always grumbles, and I find it therapeutic to fld my clohes or hang them back in the wardrobe)

Then play football or cricket in the afternoon - come back just chill out with friends, or by myself, listen to music, watch a movie....cook if the mood strikes me....

And then Monday arrives Sad
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 03:53 am
Since I started working at home, Sundays look like any other day--with one big exception. The Sunday New York Times. I pounce on the paper, which is delivered to my door, plow through the sections until I find the magazine, and then turn to the next to the last page. The puzzles!! The crossword is always there. But what is the second puzzle? An acrostic? Great! Puns and anagrams? Also great. A cryptogram? I'll give it a try; but I rarely finish cryptos. Diagramless. Boo, hiss. I don't like these.

I do the second puzzle immediately. Usually finish. Then I do the crossword at my leisure. Sometimes I finish it on Sunday. Sometimes it's Monday.

I love dem puzzles.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 03:59 am
....luv to do dem puzzles
puzzles wot I luv to do...
bite they little pencils
turn my brains to steaming glue.....
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 05:08 am
Like ehBeth, since I started my new job in November, I don't dread Mondays at all any more. Oh, I tell my co-workers that I hate Mondays because it's the fashionable thing to say. But, in reality, Monday often tends to be an easier day than the rest of the week. I still tend to go to bed early on Sunday, though, out of force of habit. One does not want to show up late for work Monday of all days. People look at you knowingly, making guesses about how wild a weekend you must have had.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 09:56 am
Hey Deb,

Luv your poem. My brain was steaming glue before I did the puzzles.

R
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 10:41 am
I used to get Monday dread real bad. It was all connected to the job. Now I have a new job and it's better. It's best, though, when I know my boss will not be in the office on Monday morning ;-)

But no Sunday newspaper in our little town!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 12:29 am
Ah, another Sunday!
A day so free of structure that I'm never sure what I'll end up doing. Anyway, it was a fine, warmish (as opposed to stifling hot Shocked ) summer day today. I sat out the back on the decking drinking many cups of tea, reading the paper, with my cats for company.
Suddenly, with no prior warning, I just had to to URGENT things to the garden I'm beginning to establish .... Soil HAD to be turned over, newly planted bottle brushes & lemon tree HAD to br watered & fed, weeds HAD to be removed, the rose bushes DEMANDED to be dead-headed !!!!.... After an hour or so of this, I realized that I was still in my night-gear, which now had soil bits & pieces decorating it .... My finger nails were BLACK with garden soil (gotta your hands into it! Very Happy ), I had smudges all over my face, arms & legs .....
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, a garden fix! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 02:56 pm
Sunday? Hmm, in Israel it is a week day. Our weekend is Friday-Saturday. Therefore, On Sundays I work...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 06:10 pm
so what do you on Saturdays then, steissd? is it a kicking-back, chilling-out kinda day for you?
0 Replies

beckyboy

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 06:48 pm
I set my alarm for about 7am just so I can switch it off. I find I appreciate the lay in more that way.

The kids wake me up again about 9.30. Get up do breakfast and after much hassling take the dogs down the beach (funny how they know its Sunday which means walkies in the morning), walk to the local village to get the veg for dinner.

Get home about 11.30 and switch on the local Radio station for the Sunday morning quizes (you know guess the voice etc...) whilst I prep the veg.

Get the Missus up if the kids haven't already done so.

Then the fun starts.

Sunday is Daddy plays chef day while consuming to much alcohol,listens and dances to all the late seventies and early eighties cds and generaly amuses the kids and upsets the wife by destroying the kitchen.

Eats dinner which miraculously always seem to come out ok and accepts the praise of the family for a job well done.

Sits in arm chair by the open fire and falls asleep to the sound of football on the telly (always able to wake up and say "Oi I was watching that" should anyone try to turn it over).

Take the dogs out again as they still want their evening walkies, a bit more telly or music and off to bed looking forward to the next Sunday.

Who knows kids next week I might just dig out those flares!!!!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 07:06 pm
Sounds like a perfect Sunday, beckyboy.

And welcome to the funny farm.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 12:02 am
beckyboy

Nice post from your "hamlet"! Delightful. You really get everything possible out of Sundays, don't you?

Welcome to A2k! Very Happy
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 02:49 am
On Saturdays, eBeth, after having accomplished home chores (I live alone, so no one shares these with me), I go online, mainly to the news and science sites, and then to A2K.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 04:49 am
Sunday....wheeeeeeeee! Very Happy

Bacon on toast for breakfast - and then.....tennis! Still not a great sight, timing's all shot, and moving like a constipated buffalo, but ...I'm back there!

After tennis - long Sunday lunch with friends for preference, my absolute favourite meal time.

In the absence of friends who lunch, there's newspapers, sport on TV, or a critter to be tormented! And a nap! Only 3 more days to go! Razz
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 06:18 am
margo

Love long lunches with friends ... Any day! Very Happy
(ps .. 3 day to go to ..?)
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 11:14 am
On many Sundays, I have to go to work, as usual. So, I don't even get to feel like its Sunday when I have a working one.

When not working, I like to get on the couch and amble through the Sunday newspaper. I am particularly fond of looking through the advertising inserts. I am not in particular need of anything; I just enjoy looking to see what is available.

I also have to do laundry, and I have a special friend who calls me from California every Sunday evening. We usually talk about two hours, usually about what is going on with our families and general news topics.

I do spend part of Sunday checking emails and seeing what's new on A2k
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 08:30 pm
williamhenry

What a shame you have to work most Sundays!!!! Poor you! Crying or Very sad
I HOPE this means you get time off during the week instead ... All work & no play makes williamhenry a tired boy!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 09:42 pm
Hmmm .. A very quiet Sunday today. Too quiet. A little boring, even. Sad
I do hope your's are better than this.
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 07:51 am
We got lucky for this Sunday. Our daughter is going to play at a friend's house, so Mr. dream and I are going out for lunch and a movie. we've been wanting to see "About Schmidt", so that's we're free to do today Very Happy

First, though, I have to go to the gym and tone up my butt so sitting for hours staring in the movies won't make me feel too lazy. Rolling Eyes

I guess that means I have to shut down Able2know and go Sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 07:56 am
Good for you, dream! Turn off that computer & get moving! Very Happy Sounds like a good day you have planned ... Do tell us about what your thoughts about Schmidt, if you get the chance. I haven't seen it yet ..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sunday, Sunday ..
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 07:26:36