Etc., Etc, Etc, ..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 12,518 • Replies: 273
No top replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 09:05 am
Definitely a serious newspaper reading day for me ... Not just Sunday's, but Saturday's too.
And generally a slow moving sort of day ... No dramas allowed!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 10:16 am
I like to cook and do crafts such as knitting, painting ceramics, etc... Today I'm knitting a pair of slippers, making homemade pizza's, and watching some old westerns. I also lurk around here and relax. I'm now waiting for bread machine to finish my pizza dough.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 10:17 am
I like mellow weekends. I do run some errands, usually. But, mostly I just relax.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 10:17 am
Ooooh, I'm going to gezzy's!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 11:12 am
Sunday is a day to sleep in, like until 11:30 a.m., then have my java, whilst checking e'mails, then tidy up, make soda bread, laundry if I have any, watch a sappy movie, play with Paddy, etc.

Sunday is a lovely day, don't you agree?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 11:41 am
Up at 5 am to walk my dog. Then read the newspapers for Sunday and part of the past week all day. Also did the wash early today, before the anyone else could get the machines Evil or Very Mad .

Easy does it on Sunday. Not much work and lots of rest. Keep cool and calm and enjoy life! Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 12:22 pm
sunday has been laundry day for me, for the past 25 years. for some reason, once i moved into my house, i couldn't get the idea that i can do laundry any day into my head, so i stuck to sunday. up early, play with the dogs, talk to Setanta, toss laundry down the stairs, follow it down more cautiously, make vat of tea, IM with neo when possible, check laundry, go outside between loads of laundry. It's a nice day.
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 12:36 pm
Saturday's always laundry day for me. Sunday's the one day I'll talk on the phone to distant relatives, take a nap on the couch under my favorite blanket, (yes, my blankie), go for a walk along the canal, weather permitting, eat brunch out maybe. The best thing is, I don't have to cook. Mr. Dream does all the cooking both weekend days.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 01:20 pm
Sunday morning is for Mom. We go food shopping, and I do her finances, mail, and set out her medications for the week. Sometimes I will take her out to lunch, if she is up to it. Then I go back and do my own food shopping.

After that I am tired, so I sit for a time, and see what is doing on A2K.
Later in the afternoon, I may go out and "do something", but I have no idea what at this moment.

Yesterday, I nearly stripped my whole orange tree, and some of the grapefruit tree. This year the grapefruits are small, but there are a huge amount of them. I squeezed enough orange and grapefruit juice to fill a 96 oz. plastic bottle!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 01:42 pm
When I was younger, I used to find Sundays unbearably boring. There was nothing to do! Now I love them. It's so great that I don't actually have to do anything I choose not to. Sleep in, do what really needs doing, maybe go to a movie, maybe not. Heaven!

(And what really needs doing is a judgement call. I can easily convince myself that there's no hurry. I can do it tomorrow.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 02:43 pm
I LOOOOOOOVE Sundays! Except Monday happens so soon afterwards - like now - waaaaah!

It used to be the one day I slept in, until I rebelled against the group of friends I used to meet for Saturday morning coffee, who insisted on an early start - (we combined it with shopping). Now - Saturday has become a sleep-in day, and I tend to wake early on Sunday.

It is a housework, laundry, paper day for me, too - and often a day when I meet friends mid-afternoon for a coffee, film, whatever - but I like to be home on Sunday night.

It also became chat morning, when we had the regular chat on the Raven's Realm, and sometimes that was so much fun that it went on for much of the day - pissed my friends off royally that I was out all the time and they could not ring me - I never confessed what I was doing, though....what a wuss!

Oh - and lately I always have a pile of work home that sits on my table reproachfully all day Sunday while I don't do it.....
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 02:56 pm
I usually get up at around ten, have a light breakfast, kiss BigDice good-bye at eleven when he has to go to work - and I'll go to the gym to spend an hour on the bicycle ergometer. A nice shower after that and Sunday lunch with the Italian family BigD works for. Then a lazy afternoon for both of us until he has to go back to work. Sunday night I like it quiet - sometimes I'll meet a friend for a glass of wine in our neighbourhood bar - but just for an hour. Then it's either TV or A2K time.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 03:25 pm
Littlek
Come on over. I have plenty of pizza and a case of beer in the fridge :-D
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 03:26 pm
oooohhhh, too bad you're not quite around the corner, gezzy!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 03:31 pm
I hear ya Littlek. We could have had a cool little party going ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 03:35 pm
<grin>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 04:32 pm
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, all this Sunday contentment!
All this productive, soothing activity!
All that washing done! Organized for the week!

But I'm surprised that no one experienced the pre-Monday jitters ... (I don't like Mondays! Shocked )When I worked full-time half my Sundays were wasted - anticipating (dreading!) the day to come. Silly & a waste, yes?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 04:42 pm
msolga
I am a big time Monday dreader, not as much as I use to be, but that will also change when I'm back to work full time.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 04:44 pm
Actually, home schooling is full time, but for some reason it doesn't feel that way since I don't have to leave the house.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sunday, Sunday ..
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 04:28:56