Sunday, Sunday ..

msolga

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 02:33 am
Francis wrote:
urs53 wrote:
I swear it's warm enough to lie in the sun in a bikini!

Or even without...

Which ever. A bit of sun will do you good, urs! Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 05:27 pm
Last Sunday I went for a 2-hour walk in the snow along an inland bay. The wether was well above freezing and the sky was bright blue. It was gorgeous. Dasha has photos. Then we ate sushi (actually we ate sushi twice) and had left over lemon pudding at home. We even got in a movie.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 06:19 am
Surprised A two hour walk in the snow, k? Brrrrrrrr!
But (in the absence of any snow experience to speak of) I'll take your word on the pleasure of the experience!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 03:57 pm
MsOlga, so long as you've got a warm coat, water proof hikers, scarf, mittens, hat, and long underwear it's quite nice!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 10:04 pm
OK. One day I will do this & find out for myself, k! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 07:44 am
A stinking hot Sunday here. Thank goodness it's (just) over!
Wilted & worn out from the heat & humidity & heading off to bed soon.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 10:18 am
Are you nearing the end of summer yet, MsO?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 10:21 am
more damn snow here the last few days, nice to day but i'm starting to get sick (everybody at work is sharing some kind of cold thing, lovely bunch of people really)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 05:39 pm
littlek wrote:

In the last couple of weeks the average air temp has dropped and the real sting has gone out of the sun, although temps in the low 30c are still common

Yes, summer is over but this is the driest time of year, even native plants begin to show signs of water deficiancy.

Sunday:
I'm preparing the carport beams for painting which means a lot of sanding. The previous owner did a rubbish job with no primer and exposed portions are peeling and flaking. I've been avoiding this job for about 10 years now because its so damn fiddly. At least one of the battons will need replacing which means removing the corregated iron roof and spouting. Primer, possibly 2 undercoats because some parts are painted brown and some are white two top coats, remove a sash window on the bedroom chip out the old putty and replace it as its falling out, scrape old paint off the glass where it wasnt masked off and repaint. then sand and repaint the window surround.

That will take care of sundays for a while.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 08:24 pm
littlek wrote:

That's the theory, k. A couple of mild weeks, as dapdad said, then 35 C yesterday & 37 C Shocked predicted for today ..... Ay yi yi! Surprised

... however, there is rumour of a cool change later in the day. (And a quite pleasant day predicted for tomorrow when we all return to work. Labour Day holiday today.) I do hope this rumour is correct! In the meantime I'm lying low .... in my very cool (brick) house, with all blinds drawn. Later in the day/early evening my little house will heat up. I may have to seriously consider air con tonight, if the change hasn't swept through. That's drastic! Laughing

I'm not gonna look at my garden today. Not sneak a peek. It hurts to see! Sad
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 08:08 pm
Hope it's not nearing the end of summer - we haven't seen any yet!

Weather has been crap over the last couple of months - and almost no really hot days.

Why did we get Melbourne weather - when they're enjoying the sunshine??? They're used to the crap weather - take it back!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 08:27 pm
Ha! You're having 37C while we're having 37F.....

Sorry Margo - Maybe you're still in for some really hot days (did she really infer that she wanted them?).
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 11:09 pm
margo wrote:
Hope it's not nearing the end of summer - we haven't seen any yet!

Weather has been crap over the last couple of months - and almost no really hot days.

Why did we get Melbourne weather - when they're enjoying the sunshine??? They're used to the crap weather - take it back!

Gracious heavens!!!!

Have OUR hot days, and we'll have your rain!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 11:59 pm
margo wrote:

Yup, we got your weather, alright!
I'll gladly return it to its rightful place if you'll agree to take back the cockroaches that came with it! Evil or Very Mad

(I'll also happily return the &*%@! Grand Prix to Adelaide, too! Its proper & rightful home! :wink: )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 12:01 am
littlek wrote:
Ha! You're having 37C while we're having 37F.....?)

Gladly swap with you for a day or so, k! Very Happy

littlek wrote:
Sorry Margo - Maybe you're still in for some really hot days (did she really infer that she wanted them?).

She did! Confused Surprised
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 02:13 am
msolga wrote:
margo wrote:

I'll gladly return it to its rightful place if you'll agree to take back the cockroaches that came with it! Evil or Very Mad

(I'll also happily return the &*%@! Grand Prix to Adelaide, too! Its proper & rightful home! :wink: )

We've got some other godddamn noisy carbon disaster, thank you!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 03:01 am
dlowan wrote:

Another one?!!! Shocked

Crazy! Surprised Confused

In the inner suburbs like the $@**& Grand Prix in Melbourne? (Bastards! Evil or Very Mad )
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 06:29 am
msolga wrote:
margo wrote:

Cockies...that's been the only good thing about our crap summer - cockies have been less obvious than usual. Normally, if you live in the inner west here, as I do, cockroaches are just a part of summer. Not many this summer. Not many hot days. I was down at the beach a couple of weeks ago, and it was cold. Not Lil K sort of cold, but too bloody cold and windy to swim! And that was still summer. Whaddya think I go to the beach for - to sit and shiver!!? Evil or Very Mad I'm giving the weather another chance - going down again at Easter.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 06:48 am
msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Another one?!!! Shocked

Crazy! Surprised Confused

In the inner suburbs like the $@**& Grand Prix in Melbourne? (Bastards! Evil or Very Mad )

Yep. Right on my doorstep, as ever. I mean, I wouldn't mind all that, cos people enjoy it, but the carbon footprint!!!!!!!

margo wrote:
msolga wrote:
margo wrote:

Cockies...that's been the only good thing about our crap summer - cockies have been less obvious than usual. Normally, if you live in the inner west here, as I do, cockroaches are just a part of summer. Not many this summer. Not many hot days. I was down at the beach a couple of weeks ago, and it was cold. Not Lil K sort of cold, but too bloody cold and windy to swim! And that was still summer. Whaddya think I go to the beach for - to sit and shiver!!? Evil or Very Mad I'm giving the weather another chance - going down again at Easter.

Goddam it woman!!! We are in the middle of at least two weeks of above 35 C.

The drought is so bad the trees are dying and the houses are all cracking. We are in the longesrt heatwave since records began. I am not sure if it is the worst drought yet, but it's damn close.

The ancient redgums in the Flinders Ranges are dying.....and cannot replace themselves, because the drought is killing all the saplings.

The Murray is so bad by the time it reaches us that we can mine salt from it. What there is of it. Seriously, I use it for cooking.

My whole state looks to become unviable within the next 50 years if the worst climate change models are true....(so far, it is going WORSE than the worst predictions)

ENJOY YOUR BLOODY RAIN AND COOL WEATHER!!!

Come on over here if you want heat. Enjoy the coast while it is stinking hot, and before it moves inland and drowns half the beachside suburbs.

Believe me, we have SUN. Serious.....you want sun, we have it. And our beaches are lovely.
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 07:29 pm
La'll Be Dam, I'm Sans Merci ...

Oh what can ail thee, Adelaide,
Furiously fussing and coarsely cursing?
Aye, the trees are withered by the sun,
And no birds sing.

But what can ail thee, Addled Lady?
A fortnight's not a ruddy lifetime;
Nor will 35 brew a cuppa, but will
Rather keel the pot.

Why suffer ye at all the summer drought,
To steadily wilt and nighly broil thee?
Hie thyself off to stop with Margo;
Stop bitchin', too.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sunday, Sunday ..
  3. » Page 13
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 09:46:03