Sunday, Sunday ..

dlowan

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 12:17 am
Similar day to mine, Msolga, but more outdoorsy and more focussed.

I was supposed to go into work today, but have, as usual failed....and I don't seem to have accomplished a lot!!!!!

It was "clean house and other domestic tasks day".

So.......I went to begin to vacuum. Emptied Dyson dust receptacle. Noticed Dyson filters VERY dirty. Washed Dyson filters......one is not allowed to use them when damp. I began to try to vacuum at 1.00.......at 4.37 Dyson filters still damp, despite feverish efforts to help them dry. They apparently eschew heat...so popping them in the sun, or hair-dryering them seems unwise.

Hmmmmmmmm....washing was already in commencement prior to 1.00........fourth load now on...2 to go.

Decided tpo prepare to vacuum while vacuum impossible.

This led to finishing a small painting job.

Then...tidying away books in living room.......during which discovered important unopened mail....dealt with implications of mail......had lunch (broccolini, steamed, and ham).....dealt with where to put Gymstick instructions......noticed great work books which had become buried under pile.......did air bicycle exercises...cleaned bath and shower alcove, and bathroom mirror and environs.....threw out shaving cream from last man, plus various hair fixatives.....pondered throwing away tooth brush from last man...decided might come in handy....cleaned kitchen benches and floor and microwave.....began to put away clothes......have I lost weight?....find barometer garments...yes!!!!........putting away clothes and pondering if I can cull more.....find clothes I had forgotten exist.....cat needs attention....look up "vinegar stroke" on Google (because of conversation with friend last night, where she referred to this)...it means what I thought it did......read Sci Am article on white matter.....clean loo.....look at A2k....STILL can't vacuum!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 01:03 am
dlowan wrote:
I was supposed to go into work today, but have, as usual failed....and I don't seem to have accomplished a lot!!!!!

Go to work....?

...on a Sunday? Shocked

Wash your mouth, Ms Deb!

Don't even think of it! (Well not work at the actual workplace on Sunday, anyway! :wink: )

Seems to me you achieved a helluva lot today! Though I know it is never enough. (But why is there never enough time to do what needs to be done? Why? Why, dammit?!)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 04:18 am
Thought about doing stuff.

Resisted the impulse quite sucessfully.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 04:22 am
Done vacuuming....including sofas...and mopping..........
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 07:54 am
Got up, had breakfast while reading the Sunday paper, took a shower, continued reading Sunday paper until hair was dry, went out to park the car in the public garage because the nights are very cold at the moment and I have to return to work tomorrow - after 6 weeks at home. I am not thinking about that now.

Went for a short walk since the sun is shining so nicely. But it is cold! So I went home and here I am! Waiting for BigDice to come home from work...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 05:00 pm
A morning of tennis, then lunch and a nap and some pre-recorded tv.

Then took Penny Hamster around - but very overcast and some rain, so photos are not too flash!

Greatly amused some Arab tourists by trying to take a photo of a stuffed hamster using one of those telescope thingies at Mrs Macquarie's Chair on Sydney Harbour. Wonder if they presume all Australians are that nutty! Razz

Came home to watch the cricket - but it was pretty boring (from Adelaide!), so went to sleep.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 09:13 pm
urs53 wrote:
Got up, had breakfast while reading the Sunday paper, took a shower, continued reading Sunday paper until hair was dry, went out to park the car in the public garage because the nights are very cold at the moment and I have to return to work tomorrow - after 6 weeks at home. I am not thinking about that now.

Went for a short walk since the sun is shining so nicely. But it is cold! So I went home and here I am! Waiting for BigDice to come home from work...

Here's hoping your first day back at work went well, urs.
How are you feeling?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 04:33 am
Crappy, boring Sunday! (Not feeling too well.)

'nough said!

Sad
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 04:44 am
Courage, msolga, Sunday is almost over!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 05:00 am
Melbourne food and wine festival starts tomorrow MsOlga. Best get out and about.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 05:04 am
Francis wrote:
Courage, msolga, Sunday is almost over!

But I have a feeling that this sore throat, runny nose & headache may still be here on Monday! Sigh.

(Nice to see you again, Francis! Very Happy Have you been away or have I been on the wrong threads?)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 05:10 am
dadpad wrote:
Melbourne food and wine festival starts tomorrow MsOlga. Best get out and about.

Yes, I was listening to some very interesting chat about slow food on the ABC this morning, dadpad. Folk making delectable meals from pig's heads, & things like that .....
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 05:11 am
msolga wrote:
(Nice to see you again, Francis! Very Happy Have you been away or have I been on the wrong threads?)

Both, msolga. Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 05:20 am
It's spring! It is sunny and warm out so I am getting ready for a walk. Otherwise, this Sunday will be slow since the work week was pretty exhausting. Also, I was out for dinner last night and I am just not used to so many people anymore. Answering your question, msolga, the week at work was ok. Everybody is happy I am back so they don't mind if I leave early as long as I am there for a couple of hours.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 05:31 am
Francis wrote:
msolga wrote:

Both, msolga. Very Happy

And at the same time, probably! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 05:36 am
urs53 wrote:
It's spring! It is sunny and warm out so I am getting ready for a walk. Otherwise, this Sunday will be slow since the work week was pretty exhausting. Also, I was out for dinner last night and I am just not used to so many people anymore. Answering your question, msolga, the week at work was ok. Everybody is happy I am back so they don't mind if I leave early as long as I am there for a couple of hours.

It's great that your employer is so understanding, urs. Some aren't nearly so obliging.

Keep taking it easy. Slowly, slowly ...

I went for a walk this afternoon, too. So while you've been enjoying your spring, I could feel the first stirrings of autumn. Hard to believe this long, hot, dry summer will ever come to an end.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 05:45 am
Its early Sun morning and the sun is just breaking the horizon. SOon, all the birds and stock will be out in the pastures kicking in the snow. ITs a peacedful scene with the sun or the east and the 3/4 moon on the west . The snow has a bluish cast from the low morning light and Ive built a fire to arm up the downstairs studio. I get my A2k posts early on Sundays so , if, as it looks like, We can be free to go down to the BAy and walk the headlands out to a lighthouse on a cliff, Its always a good Sunday exercise even in a snow. The temperature here is -7 C, about 20 F. Its not too bad and Ive just taken the doggies for their pre breakfast run. They love the dawn time. I think its the pack mentality.

Now Ill read a few more messages and then lie down with some work till about 8 when its time for breakfast and the Sunday paper.

Sundays are never urgent around here.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 05:49 am
Sounds like heaven (apart from the snow! Brrrr!), farmer. So peaceful! Early morning is the best part of the day, I think.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 06:44 am
It is hot out! Not just warm - that's hot, especially in February. I swear it's warm enough to lie in the sun in a bikini!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:00 am
urs53 wrote:
I swear it's warm enough to lie in the sun in a bikini!

Or even without...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sunday, Sunday ..
  3. » Page 12
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 11:38:47