Sunday, Sunday ..

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 04:51 pm
gezzy

And it's nice to be able to choose the best time to teach! You can enjoy a beautiful sunny morning, then teach when it's raining!
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 05:01 pm
The Monday DREADS (shudder) Crying or Very sad I get them around this time, and sometimes they're so bad that I don't sleep well that night. The only antidote is a glass of wine or two, one's in my hand now Drunk
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 05:09 pm
dream2020

Yep, I see it's just after 6 pm where you are. A fine time for dreads, I've found in the past. But I do hope that you aren't having the same problem I had = PROCRASTINATION! Rolling Eyes I would take all of this work home with me, only to forget all about in on Saturday ... Then go through a prolonged dread attack from about midday Sunday, on .... THEN I'd either force myself to do it, late sunday night, or not do it at all & have a bad night's sleep ... followed by a yucky Monday!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 05:22 pm
Dream2020- When I was working, the worst time for me was 4 p.m. on Sundays, and September. I would sing "September Song" in my head, and get really bugged.
0 Replies

gezzy

msolga
It is really nice. The best part is that I don't have to get up at a certain time, get ready, and go out in the bad weather. If it snows I don't have to get up earlier to shovel and clean off the car, etc... I truly needed a break :-)
0 Replies

dream2020

I've solved horrible work procrastination problems by getting it all done by quitting time Fri. afternoon. I'm very philosophical about whatever doesn't get done by then. No, my dread comes from anticipating how intense the week is, between full-time work, schlepping the kid for this and that, and orchestra practice on Monday night, which is BAD when I haven't practiced. I have to admit that I am fighting the procrastination devil regarding practicing right now. that's why I'm on A2K, with my wine!!!!!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 05:23 pm
Dream2020
Same here. I remember the feeling so well :-(
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 05:30 pm
gezzy & dream

Maybe a not so small part of procrastinations & the dreaded dreads was a feeling of resentment?: How come, after coming home pooped on Friday night from a hard week's work that you also had to use big chunks of your OWN time to do the job properly?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 05:40 pm
msolga
Exactly. I was one to take my work home with me and I hated it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 05:43 pm
I get the monday jitters (not quite dread tho) at about 6pm. Funny that dream posted right then.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 05:51 pm
littlek

And what do you do when the jitters hit? Distract yourself, or just accept it? I often found myself Abuzzing at that time! Never had the discussions been so fascinating! Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 05:55 pm
<grin>

I just catch myself getting edgy and shake my head. It goes away.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 06:05 pm
Oh, I forgot to mention a very important aspect of my Sundays: "Quality time" with my 3 darling cats! Laughing If they don't get it, they DEMAND it!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 06:52 pm
Yep, big on the weekend agenda - pet-snuggling. Me and my two fuzzy buddies took a nap all curled up together today.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 07:01 pm
hmmmm, i must really like this new job. I haven't had the jitters since i started there. no nightmares either. i'm actually looking forward to tomorrow morning. i'll be learning something new again.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 07:37 pm
ahhh Sundays...sleep in <well, a bit>, jugs o coffee, and nap time with Zoey...most demanding on Sundays, which is okay..I usually give in.
I usually bake a big meal on Sundays as well, then I have leftovers for lunch/dinner for the beginning of the week.
I used to do the laundry thing on Sundays as well but, Ive since found the wash/dry/fold service that ends up only costing a few more dollars a week...makes nap time more convincing.
Sundays are great for determining to do/not to do. I piddle around alot on Sundays...prolly due to the whole Monday thing.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 02:03 am
ehBeth

A new job that feels sane? Hey, that's great! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 02:04 am
quinn

Piddling is a luxury to be savoured! Enjoy!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 02:05 am
MONDAY, MONDAY
(Phillips)

Bah-da bah-da-da-da
Bah-da bah-da-da-da
Bah-da bah-da-da-da

Monday, Monday, so good to me
Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday mornin', Monday mornin' couldn't guarantee
That Monday evenin' you would still be here with me

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday mornin' you gave me no warnin' of what was to be
Oh Monday, Monday, how could you leave and not take me

Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
A-you can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday, Monday, so good to me
Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be
But Monday mornin', Monday mornin' couldn't guarantee
That Monday evenin' you would still be here with me

Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
A-you can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, it just turns out that way
Oh Monday, Monday, won't go away
Monday, Monday, it's here to stay
Oh Monday, Monday
Oh Monday, Monday
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 02:11 am
Yep, Joanne, just can't trust that day! Rolling Eyes
The least wonderful day of the week!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sunday, Sunday ..
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 08:51:01