A God That Makes Sense?

FBM

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 07:33 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

Would you enter someone's house knowing you are unwelcome and uninvited?

If I built the house, made the family and the entire universe? Why the **** not? If your god is really omnipresent, it's already there anyway, no? No invitation needed, no choice in the matter. Laughing
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 07:34 am
@Leadfoot,
https://youtu.be/-edjsA_-trE

Tehe Smile
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 07:37 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

The creator of the universe shows respect for your sovereignty and you don't recognize the courtesy?

What sort of sovereignty does one have in the face of the putative creator's "divine plan"? Thanks for bringing up that critical fault in xtian apologetics. Wink

Quote:

Demanding? First you complain that he's too hard to find then you bitch about 'demands'. Isn't it obvious that EVERYTHING is on a voluntary basis with God? And is loving your wife or gf a sacrifice?

Yes. Perfectly voluntary. Except that if you don't kow-tow to the rules, you get to spend an eternity in agonizing suffering. Some "voluntary" choice there.

Quote:

I don't recall reading that part. I thought that was a consequence of natural forces and God's 'hands off' approach that he has apparently taken.

Recommended reading: the Bible.
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 07:47 am
@FBM,
OK. Well anyone who had respect for others wouldn't. Smile But... Let me ask you another question... Do you want your children to love you purely out of obligation, or because they want to?
FBM

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 07:52 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

OK. Well anyone who had respect for others wouldn't. Smile But... Let me ask you another question... Do you want your children to love you purely out of obligation, or because they want to?

Your alleged god allegedly drowned 99% of the humanity it allegedly created at one time for disobedience. Let's reconsider that word "respect," eh? Love or die, beeyotches!
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 07:58 am
@FBM,
Quote:
What sort of sovereignty does one have in the face of the putative creator's "divine plan"? Thanks for bringing up that critical fault in xtian apologetics. Wink

As my iron clad evidence of your sovereignty, I present Mr. FBM

Quote:
Yes. Perfectly voluntary. Except that if you don't kow-tow to the rules, you get to spend an eternity in agonizing suffering. Some "voluntary" choice there.

You apparently got even less far than Frank in your priestly ambitions. Take your own advice and read the book.
FBM

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:10 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

As my iron clad evidence of your sovereignty, I present Mr. FBM

Empty rhetoric. Nothing but evasion. Someone holds a gun to your head and says, "Say you love me or I'll blow your brains out." That person is robbing you of your sovereignty.

Quote:
You apparently got even less far than Frank in your priestly ambitions. Take your own advice and read the book.

Studied it at university level. When you get tired of evasive, empty rhetoric, how about explaining the reward-punishment aspects of your Bronze Age myth vis a vis the unconditional love advertisements its promoters love to drum up?
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:21 am
@FBM,
Lol fbm! You really have no clue. Anyone can read a story and interpret it however they wish. That doesn't make their version the truth. Wink Remember... Every lie starts with just a fraction of the truth. The truth will be revealed to all who are willing to see. Smile

Booya!

BTW... Nice attempt at dodging the question... So... You gonna answer or keep dodging? Wink
FBM

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:31 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

Lol fbm! You really have no clue. Anyone can read a story and interpret it however they wish. That doesn't make their version the truth. Wink Remember... Every lie starts with just a fraction of the truth.

Perfect description of the Babble.

Quote:
BTW... Nice attempt at dodging the question... So... You gonna answer or keep dodging? Wink

Not dodging. Refusing to follow a red herring. Where's your evidence that your Bronze Age-mythological god even exists? Evidence. It works. Show us some.
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:34 am
@FBM,
Smile All in good time my friend. All in good time. Smile
izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:34 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Not dodging. Refusing to follow a red herring. Where's your evidence that your Bronze Age-mythological god even exists? Evidence. It works. Show us some.

When someone's convinced they're right reason flies out of the window. Squeakybro's evidence is the 2,000 "revelations" that cause him to vomit scripture on A2K.
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:38 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
When someone's convinced they're right reason flies out of the window.

You are absolutely correct Izzy. Smile
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:41 am
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

Smile All in good time my friend. All in good time. Smile

Well, that explains...nothing. Try writing that as an exam answer. Rolling Eyes
FBM

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:43 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

FBM wrote:

When someone's convinced they're right reason flies out of the window. Squeakybro's evidence is the 2,000 "revelations" that cause him to vomit scripture on A2K.

Yeah. You can't reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into in the first place. It's all emotion, read: fear of death. Desire for immortality, like that.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:44 am
@FBM,
It's all about appearing enigmatic, there is evidence you're just not ready/enlightened/smart enough to understand it.

It's a great default position to take, with or without emoticons.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:45 am
@FBM,
Quote:

Empty rhetoric. Nothing but evasion. Someone holds a gun to your head and says, "Say you love me or I'll blow your brains out." That person is robbing you of your sovereignty.

You're missing the whole point of the thread FBM. You are free to postulate any God you like and give him any characteristics you like as long as he makes sense. He doesn't have to have any connection to the bible or anyone's interpretation of it. He doesn't need any religious affiliation.
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:52 am
@FBM,
Quote:
Well, that explains...nothing.

Nope. Sure doesn't. Perhaps because I wasn't trying to. Wink

I cannot prove anything to you or anyone else. It is a foolish ladder to try and drag someone up. God on the other hand... His timing is always perfect. So... I will wait. Smile
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:59 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's all about appearing enigmatic, there is evidence you're just not ready/enlightened/smart enough to understand it.

Lol. Oh my. It's rather fun watching unreasonable people wrestling with reason. There is nothing to figure out here. What you see is what you get with me. I could really care less how it "appears" because things are often not at all what they appear in life. I have learned to wait, and let the truth reveal itself. It always does... Eventually. Smile
FBM

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:05 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It's a great default position to take, with or without emoticons.

It's the easiest default position, simply because it dodges the need for evidence. Charlatanism in its essence.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:05 am
@onevoice,
No, FBM asked you for evidence and you gave him a bullshit answer. That's what I saw and that's what FBM got.
0 Replies