Death Penalty Drugs

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2024 07:11 am
The death penalty is a sadistic business that ought to be discontinued.
The Anointed

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 12:56 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The Bible says thou shalt not kill. You ignore that alright, but still claim Noah's ark occured.

I tell you now that you can lie. there is a time to steal
There is a time to disobey, there is a time to kill
There is a work that must be done upon the Sabbath day
No one who understands the Lord would teach another way
For the spirit judges not, on what you do
The heart and soul of man he searches through
It's the reason why the deeds of men are done,
This is what the Lord God judges on

Quote:
We know what you are.

You haven't got a clue young fellow and as for the imaginary 'WE that you claim to speak for.' ?? ?
The Anointed

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 04:53 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

Love, mercy and compassion, somehow seem to be the fashion
With the bleeding hearts and goodies of today’s society
They lobby the authorities, although they are minorities
Demanding--- that our killers, be shown partially

Like Aids, they wouldn’t hurt you, they’re just a virus that within you
Prevents your anti-bodies from accomplishing their ends
They simply let the cells that kill you, multiply until they fill you
And destroy the very body on which our lives depend

So, to cure the greater body, we must get rid of those who lobby
For Justice in this world to slowly fade
The price of crime must be extracted, old penalties re-enacted
Life for life, and compensation, must be paid

Will our children of the future, praise this age, who, in its stupor
Encouraged cancerous cells to multiply
Or will we hear the warning of our unborn child who’s calling
“Physician, heal thy self, or else I die.” ........ The Anointed,

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 09:36 am
@The Anointed,
Seriously. What jug of hogwash. Are you prescribed medication? Are you taking it as prescribed?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 09:41 am
@The Anointed,
Quote:
You haven't got a clue young fellow and as for the imaginary 'WE that you claim to speak for.' ?? ?

More importantly: what "we" that doesn't inhabit your fantasy word do YOU represent?

The notion that G*D sanction breaking his commandments is so MAGA, we know who you follow: the Mango Jebus.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 09:45 am
It says thou shalt not kill.

It doesn't say thou shalt not lock up violent criminals for life without parole, and I don't give a monkey's about time served on remand either.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 09:46 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

The "sadistic business" is the base of the whole enterprise. Take sadism out of execution and they'd lose all interest in state sanctioned murder.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 09:47 am
@InfraBlue,
I think maybe you've thought this one out too far.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 09:52 am
@The Anointed,
You are under the impression dead people get justice. The justice is for the prisoner. The Constitution (I just know you hate the Constitution) says no cruel and unusual treatment.

You must have smoking cigarettes and dropping amphetimines under the bleachers during civics class.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 09:55 am
@izzythepush,
I think compelling the death penalty advocates having a hand in the business they promote on a very personal level would kill the death penalty pretty darn quick.

I'd love to see annointed hold the hand of a prisoner being electrocuted.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 10:02 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Did you see John Oliver the other day?

There was a Republican politician who was instrumental in getting a lot of prisoners killed.

And he'd never witnessed an execution because he couldn't stomach it.

There is a really good drama about Albert Pierrepoint the hangman played by Timothy Spall.

He executed a lot of Nazi war criminals amongst others.

He became disillusioned with the whole thing towards the end and contented himself with doing a good job.

He calculated weight and drop in order to make death as quick as possible.

Despite that he ended his years opposed to the death penalty.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 03:32 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
His stuff is all very Old Testament, not even that, he's always quoting the Book of Enoch.

He references Enoch as much as Aleister Crowley.
The Anointed

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 03:56 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

Correct, it also says, ''they who shed man's blood, by man must their blood be shed.

Quote:
It doesn't say thou shalt not lock up violent criminals for life without parole, and I don't give a monkey's about time served on remand either.

Then you would be agreeable to allowing a convicted serial murdering pedophile to live next door to you.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 06:45 pm
@izzythepush,
Crowley at least was committed to his beliefs.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2024 01:35 am
@bobsal u1553115,
You're right, hypocrisy is one sin he didn't have.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2024 05:35 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Personally, I do not give a rat's ass what the Bible says or does not say about the question, but I do have a question for you, if I may, Izzy:

Here in America we are ostensibly committed not to prescribe "cruel and unusual" punishment for any crimes.

Do YOU consider being put into a prison cell for life without the possibility of parole...to be less cruel and unusual than being executed?

I think being sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole (the most usual alternative to capital punishment) to be MUCH more cruel than execution. It is difficult to think of anything more cruel other than unrelenting torture.

Just want to hear your opinion on it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2024 05:43 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

The "sadistic business" is the base of the whole enterprise. Take sadism out of execution and they'd lose all interest in state sanctioned murder.

Same question (the one for Izzy above) for you, Bobsal.

As for the sadistic aspect, I have a precancerous condition of my throat that has to be inspected every 6 - 12 months...for which I need an endoscopy. Propofol is the anesthetic used...and is a delight. When under proporol, the doctor could do surgery on my dick using a chainsaw...and I would not feel a thing.

A treatment of Propofol and a drug that kills instantly (there are such drugs) should eliminate any of the sadism involved.

Wouldn't that work?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2024 05:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
I think being locked up for life without the chance of parole is a just punishment in some cases.

Over here there is a whole life tarif which is given out for the very worst offenders.

The most recent being a nurse who murdered a lot of babies under her care.

Prison should be about rehabilitation more than anything else. Prisoners should be given opportunities to move away from crime.

The prisons themselves are a problem, overcrowded with little opportunities and lousy food.

We need a lot of prison reform, there needs to be more non custodial sentencing for starters.

That's another point.

I believe in whole life sentences for the very worst offenders. Over here it's just over 70 prisoners which is a tiny proportion of the prison population.

If those people would rather be dead, tough.

0 Replies

NSFW (view)
izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2024 06:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
A treatment of Propofol and a drug that kills instantly (there are such drugs) should eliminate any of the sadism involved.

Wouldn't that work?

I have a question for you Frank.

If your proposed system of execution were to be adopted would you witness an execution?