The Most Boring Movies You've Ever Seen

Implicator

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 09:04 am
Re: The Most Boring Movies You've Ever Seen
kickycan wrote:
I have to start out with "The Thin Red Line". I never saw the original, but the one from 1998 was absolute torture, in my opinion. I kept thinking, "How much longer can this overblown, pompous, pseudo-artistic piece of trash go on?" Almost three hours, as it turned out.

It would have to be, without a doubt, "To Die For", with Nicole Kidman.

I suffered through all of 10 minutes of that movie, and promptly turned it off.

I
0 Replies

NickFun

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 11:16 am
The Unbearable Lightness of Being, though it had some great moments, was exquisitely long and dull for the first 3 hours. After that it became a good film.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Tue 18 Oct, 2005 02:41 pm
Alfie
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 18 Oct, 2005 06:45 pm
The new "Alfie" or the original? Both, I have to agree, are hard to concetrate on and I'm not sure they it's because they are really "chick flicks." I think a lot of choices on this thread are because someone doesn't relate to a genre rather than an individual film.

"To Die For" is an decent satire, as satirical films go, if one is willing to get past the first part of the movie. The best satire is a comparison that cannot be made -- "Dr. Strangelove" and "A Clockwork Orange" being the two headliners.
0 Replies

John Drury

Mon 24 Oct, 2005 12:40 pm
The worst film I have seen recently (forced to go by a girlfriend now ex) was "A Home at the End of the World"...holy cow Colin Farrel is a bad actor

Most boring I would definitely have to say English Patient...never mad it through the movie without falling asleep
0 Replies

John Drury

Mon 24 Oct, 2005 12:41 pm
I could not finish Alfie either
0 Replies

mrsjelly

Mon 24 Oct, 2005 01:37 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I think a lot of choices on this thread are because someone doesn't relate to a genre rather than an individual film.
quote]

On the whole I would agree but in my case I dont think it's the case. I really enjoyed the Xmen films but in this thread I would vote for The Hulk as the most boring film in history.

The first half I spent the whole time waiting for the dude to turn green and smash things and then during the second half he was green and smashing things the whole time which got boring very fast. Advice: never see this film. Its wasted a good couple of hours of my life.
0 Replies

smorgs

Mon 24 Oct, 2005 01:53 pm
A Private Function has to be the most boring film ever (after The Three Muskateers - I fell asleep)
0 Replies

McTag

Mon 24 Oct, 2005 01:57 pm
Moulin Rouge.

Also, I walked out of the latest (12 months ago?- maybe not the latest) Lord of the Rings. Bo ring.
0 Replies

John Drury

Mon 24 Oct, 2005 02:41 pm
Did somebody on this thread really say Crash is boring. Easily one of the best films of the year

Do you find Memento boring or Pulp Fiction?
0 Replies

livingthedream

Thu 27 Oct, 2005 08:57 am
John Drury wrote:
Did somebody on this thread really say Crash is boring. Easily one of the best films of the year

Do you find Memento boring or Pulp Fiction?

Thank you! I thought the same thing. Did they not undertand that movie. I rented it from BLockbuster, hearing the hype and decided not to return it and get charged I loved it so much. W/O a doubt the best movie of the year.

As far as boring goes..."Adaptation" - I walked out of the theatre. Did I miss soemthing at the end that made it a good movie, b/c I could not torture mysekf a minute longer. Also, Under the Tuscon sun. I know, I know - all my friends love it and couldn't get enough. I thought it was nauceating
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Thu 27 Oct, 2005 09:46 am
Was is a crashing bore? I don't think so -- the "L.A. Confidential" of this decade.

Yes, the payoff for "Adaptation" was worth the wait.

I'm sure you meant "Under the Tuscan Sun" as it didn't take place in Texas.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:08 pm
I just saw Elizabethtown. It was prettttty bad.

It was like a wanna be Jerry McGuire (man solefully looking for himeself amidst a great cast and good soundtrack), that never quite landed!
0 Replies

McTag

Tue 1 Nov, 2005 06:13 am
I hated The Piano

And I hate the music from The Piano.

I would like to take an axe to The Piano.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:50 am
omg... worst movie!!!
omg yesterday i just saw that movie.. wait it was before yesterday.. i forgot what its called..
but some enourmous bugs invaded some other planet..
and an army of people from earth went to fight with them.
there was one guy that played in omega code from there and lots of other famous actors.. but i dont know their names...
but it was just so disgusting.. the bugs... and how the bugs ate the men and everything.. it was just so boring and STUPID!!!!!
many people LOVE it- my own friend does..
but i hate it!
its pointless!
(i hate the part where the huge bug comes from the ground.. and the main guy in the movie kind of.. the ok looking one.. jumped on the bug and kept shooting until he was covered in orange guts.. and then the bug was moving but he was miracoulosly still on the bug- so stupid- and then he put a bomb on and jumped off wihtout breaking any bones lol- its just so stupid! oh and the sickest part was when the guy saw an eyeball of one of the bugs and he kept shooting the eye enjoying how the guts splattered all over them.. bleh!!!! and then they were standing there with obviously fake yellowish green and orange paint all over themselves- i mean they made it so fake! the bugs especially....)

ugh i hate it so much i dont even want to talk about it anymore!
[/color]
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Tue 8 Nov, 2005 11:28 pm
That was Starship Troopers you saw. In case you can't get enough of it: They made a sequel! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Questioner

Wed 9 Nov, 2005 08:06 am
I think Donnie Darko was perhaps the biggest yawner I ever sat through. And I wasn't even rewarded with a meaningful ending, or even closure.

(still wish someone could explain that movie to me)
0 Replies

Krekel

Wed 9 Nov, 2005 10:01 am
Run Lola Run ...
0 Replies

NickFun

Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:21 am
I have to agree that Starship Troopers was one of the biggest lamers of all time. Mankind traveling the galaxy to kill bugs. They should have just brought a big can of Raid.
0 Replies

Questioner

Wed 9 Nov, 2005 01:01 pm
NickFun wrote:
I have to agree that Starship Troopers was one of the biggest lamers of all time. Mankind traveling the galaxy to kill bugs. They should have just brought a big can of Raid.

Well, at least Starship Troopers was made with tongue firmly planted in cheek. I give them that much credit.
0 Replies