Menstruation confusion-help

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 03:38 pm
My last period was 2/23 and sometimes irregular but it was pretty regular for about 4 months averaging every 28-32 days. Thinking that it's tardiness was due to the stress that was going on with my brother starting in feb until he passed away in april. I went to the doctor on 7/27 to see what was going on. My doctor took blood to check my hormone levels which came back normal. Tested my urine for uti & pregnancy both negative. Also tested for two common stds which also came back negative. She decided to put me on 10ml medroxyprogesterine for 5 days. I started the pills on 7/27 and finished 8/1. I've had some mild discomfort in my uterus on and off occasionally prior to the med and after. Also my uterus feels somewhat bloated most of the time now, increased clear/white cervical mucus almost everyday since mid June, tired, frequent urination and occasional a smell in my urine. Not fishy or ammonia but just different. Sorry I can't quite describe it. That's why I asked to be tested for a uti. 4 days since the last pill and starting last night I am nauseous. Is this normal? Could I still be pregnant? What if my period doesn't come what will happen when I go back to the gynecologist? I'm very nervous.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,373 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 04:31 pm
@Jadedchaos,
You can't still be pregnant if you weren't pregnant before (the test was negative, as you stated).

Perhaps you have an infection of some sort. In any event, you certainly sound stressed. Why not make an OB-GYN appointment and explain what you wrote here? If it's an emergency, they'll do their best to fit you in earlier or will have you go to the ER. In the meantime, waiting around and fretting are not doing you any favors.
0 Replies