Simple Time Zone Question

dlowan

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 03:23 pm
Oh god Gala! Now people will think I am even meaner than I am!!!

I was just trying to figure out why this time/season thing frustrates me so much. I think - when it comes down to it - that I am just a beast!

I guess we in Oz are just brought up with it - reading European books, having friends and family members o'seas and stuff - I dunno...I wonder if the average school kid knows about it now, though?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 04:14 pm
If I ever get time zones and the international date line settled down, I will contend with great circle routes. A flight from California to Japan passes over the Alutian Islands? Get real!
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 04:34 pm
dlowan, first, let me preface by saying your posting an image of a furry white rabbit with a cigarrette hanging out of its mouth is not going to help your cause. Those uninterested in dark humor will simply not take kindly to this barbaric combination. I, on the other hand, believe this kind of dark humor is the most effective way of dealing with the mundane and the horrorific events that daily life has to offer.

Having said that, I also think the Australian sense of humor is hilarious and edgy. So I don't think you are nasty in the least.

And, although America is a great country in many regards, it is also a deeply flawed one. So, if your impulses needle you and you find yourself saying "Those yanks are at it again", it is more then likely true.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 04:34 pm
Hi Roger, good to hear from you!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 04:38 pm
teehee - Bunny DOES upset a few folk - great, ain't it?
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 04:39 pm
No need to cross the international date line. When you reach it, turn around and go the other way.
0 Replies