How to create great interior design ideas for a house?

EddyP

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 04:41 am
Hello everyone!

So this is just a question to all of you on your strategies to designing your home/ house. I have been indulged in the home improvement area for a while and I am constantly amazed with the ideas and designs people have created.

I just wondered your methods to this? Do you use apps or websites? Do you go to events?

Fill me in please! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 1,142 • Replies: 7

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 10:43 am
@EddyP,
I go to garage sales, swap meets and second hand furniture stores.

Is there an app for that?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 10:53 am
Consider learning how to draw plans. This is relatively easy now that we have computers.
EddyP

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 09:32 am
@Butrflynet,
I see! Yes I have tried a select few of garage sales although I haven't had much luck. I guess it is just luck of the draw.

I will keep trying. Thanks for the tip. Smile
0 Replies

EddyP

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 09:33 am
@ossobuco,
This has been of interest to me for a while - Do you recommend a particular website/ piece of software?

ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 10:06 am
@EddyP,
No - for the reason that I'm a retired landscape architect (who has also done some remodelling) and my business partner and I both liked hand drafting everything. I'm a long time painter as well. I wasn't a natural artist, I just liked copying cartoons once in a while as a teen. In my twenties I took a beginning drawing class and I got hooked on learning more.

I didn't learn design until my forties, but again, once I had a class in Elements of Design, I was hooked.

Now of course there is a lot of information available online, and lots of programs or tools to help anyone interested but I haven't investigated which is better or best.

If you just want to start to fool around with a pencil, eraser, a ruler, and paper, consider going to an art supply store and getting some grid paper; I'd recommend a pad of 1/4 " paper to start, maybe the 17" x 22" size pad. Oh, and you need a measuring tape, to measure rooms and the items you may want to arrange.

It's fun.
0 Replies

adamserisier

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 06:31 am
@EddyP,
Think knowledge how to sketch plans. This is moderately simple now that we have computers.
0 Replies

poojaraj

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 04:08 am
If you want something really great for your house i think hiring the professional interior designer will be good.
Secondly considering the requirement of house members, design should be such that it give the ease feeling to the people living in house.
0 Replies