If Bush is re-elected, who is next on the hit list?

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 10:44 am
When Bush was elected, I thought, yeah, well, they both sucked, so what's the difference. But then he and his boys started that little war with Iraq. Didn't see that coming.

This is my biggest worry. If he is left in charge, what would he do in the next four years? Are there other countries on the hit list?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,417 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 10:52 am
KC, I really don't know about other countries, but I was shocked to hear a blurb on the news about turning firemen, garbage collectors, cable people into spies, for the purpose of detecting possible terrorists. Shocked

If Bush is reelected, what further invasions can we expect.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 10:52 am
Lady Liberty is next.......
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:17 am
After the disaster that has become Iraq, I think the american public will be MUCH more wary of allowing Bush to go around starting sh*t again without a REALLY REALLY good reason for it.

Not to mention how stretched our military is at this point. To start another war would just be foolish, as it would weaken our defenses all the more.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:20 am
JustanObserver wrote:
After the disaster that has become Iraq, I think the american public will be MUCH more wary of allowing Bush to go around starting sh*t again without a REALLY REALLY good reason for it.

Not to mention how stretched our military is at this point. To start another war would just be foolish, as it would weaken our defenses all the more.

I'm shocked to hear you think bushinc will allow anyone as unimportant as the citizenry he was elected to serve deter him from doing whatever the hell he feels like frankly......
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:45 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Lady Liberty is next.......

They already have gone after her, see the Patriot Act and Bush's judicial appointments.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:47 am
Iran or Syria?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:47 am
(You don't establish a foothold unless you mean to use it and I doubt in this case it would be peaceful).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:49 am
Yes, I can see Iran or Syria fitting into some new plan.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 12:01 pm
Syria and Iran are definitely countries with bullseyes on them. But do you really think he and his people can get away with a pre-emptive attack again? Iraq was an easier target, because we had Saddam as a focal point, who had been confrontational on a world stage for a long time. The groundwork had already been laid for that one.

But Syria and Iran? Would Bush be able to get another "coalition of the willing" to go along with a war with either of these countries? If not, do you believe he would go in unilaterally?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 12:05 pm
My guess would be Syria. They are also a Baathist government, more like to support Iraqi insurgents than Iran and less likely to fight This would also go a long way towards tilting the Palestinian problem in Israel's favor.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 12:06 pm
I think if Bush wins, invading Iran is a done deal unless Congress stops him. Bush is on a crusade from His God, remember? I hope Iraq has learned it's lesson and will not attack us again. I also hope the leaders of Iran are taking note to what's in store for them if Bush is re-elected. Rolling Eyes

Letty...that is scary stuff when the government wants to put average citizens in the position of spying on one another. Mad
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 12:15 pm
kickycan wrote:
Syria and Iran are definitely countries with bullseyes on them. But do you really think he and his people can get away with a pre-emptive attack again? Iraq was an easier target, because we had Saddam as a focal point, who had been confrontational on a world stage for a long time. The groundwork had already been laid for that one.

But Syria and Iran? Would Bush be able to get another "coalition of the willing" to go along with a war with either of these countries? If not, do you believe he would go in unilaterally?

If Bush can manage to convince enough guillable Americans and Congress that Iran has a nuclear weapon(s) I believe he would go war again with or without a coalition of the willing. He's a 'tough guy' remember? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 12:45 pm
doglover wrote:
I think if Bush wins, invading Iran is a done deal unless Congress stops him. Bush is on a crusade from His God, remember? I hope Iraq has learned it's lesson and will not attack us again. I also hope the leaders of Iran are taking note to what's in store for them if Bush is re-elected. Rolling Eyes

Letty...that is scary stuff when the government wants to put average citizens in the position of spying on one another. Mad

explain attack us again...I missed the first time Iraq attacked us.......
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 12:47 pm
I think I must have been watching Seinfeld when they attacked, cuz I missed that too.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 12:50 pm
I'll third that. I missed it as well.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 12:51 pm
Maybe doglover was being facetious there.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 01:05 pm
This link was posted by abryant on another thread
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28594&highlight=

but in light of Bi-Polar Bears comment on lady liberty I thought it might be relevant here.

http://www.brownequalsterrorist.com/artiststatement/
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 01:49 pm
If anyone truly believe that democracy spreads by osmosis, they are sadly mistaken. In truth, Spartan and Roman Republicanism is what we have, just sans a monarch. We have a Senate (wonder where that came from) and the forefathers did make their wisest decision even over the Executive and Judicial branches of creating a Congress. Is Iraq's planned government going to end up looking anything like this? I sincerely doubt it. Instead of parties, they have Muslim religious factions.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 03:12 pm
It may not be a matter of "Starting" another but keeping this one going.

It would be a bit weird if the next "Cold War" would have roots in the first one. (read Blowback by Chalmers Johnson to see what I mean)
0 Replies