Does "on-camera run-in with" refer to "arguing with on the course of camera shooting"?

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 02:07 am

Context:

Breitbart’s Ben Shapiro still whining that trans woman who wants to ‘spank’ him made him feel scared

Breitbart.com editor Ben Shapiro is apparently still reeling from his humiliating on-camera run-in with transgender Inside Edition reporter Zoey Tur.

MOre:
http://www.rawstory.com/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 363 • Replies: 4
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
Setanta
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 03:06 am
Arguing is not implied (and one would say "in" the course of a camera "shoot") The locution "a run-in with" means an unpleasant encounter with someone. It might be an argument, but it might also be an encounter in which one was humiliated--which i suspect is the case here. In other contexts, it could also mean a violent encounter.
oristarA

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 03:20 am
@Setanta,
Thanks.

I did think "over the course", not "on the course" in mind. I don't know what happened.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 03:23 am
"Over the course" generally implies an extended period time, much longer than would be necessary to tape an interview. That's why i wrote "in the course of," because it is the best locution to use.
oristarA

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 08:26 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

"Over the course" generally implies an extended period time, much longer than would be necessary to tape an interview. That's why i wrote "in the course of," because it is the best locution to use.

Excellent!
0 Replies