Americans care about ...

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 10:40 pm
Quote:

http://www.gjusa.com/news/pressReleaseDetails.jsp?id=4142

I haven't been able to find a link to the full article/poll, just the balance of the press release. Gotta say I was surprised. This place (A2K) seems to be so focussed on Iraq/terrorism ... but that's not what most of America seems to care about, if this and other similar polls are to be believed. So, are A2K'rs just out of the loop, or ... ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,062 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 11:03 pm
Yes. I haven't heard any comments on Iraq/terrorism in several months, so suspect the poll is reasonably accurate. Homeland Security? Remove the caps, and there might be some interest. As a government, it rates up there with Department of Agriculture, as a conversation starter. Homeland Security does butt up against terrorism as an issue, of course, but neither seem at the top of anyone's list of things to panic over.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 10:12 am
so we are we all nattering about terrorism here?
cuz it's pretty?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 10:17 am
homeland security was asked about without caps, Roger. It still didn't catch much attention.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 10:26 am
60% thing Bush is more attractive? LOL...the man looks like a Chimp for heavens sake!

Kerry more intellegent, sure. But then again, my dog is more intelligent than Bush.

My priorities are as follows:

Re-establishing the once good international relations and respect the United States had before Bush diminished and demoralized America in the eyes of citizens and leaders around the world.

Health Care

Reducing the Deficit

Jobs and the Economy

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 10:32 am
We care about American Idol, Survivor, and anything that involves sticking our noses into other peoples private lives. That's about it.

Oh yeah, and weight loss programs that don't involve exercise or discipline......
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 10:37 am
I'm angry about the Bush Administration weakening environmental regulations; about the idiotic strictures of "No Child Left Behind" about the erosion of Civil Liberties and the Smear The Opposition campaign tactics.

The tax cuts which have resulted in both spending cuts and an unbalanced budget are also noteworthy.

Four months until the elections. Four months to keep up fervent hope.

P.S. I'm also livid about the loss of American dignity overseas.
0 Replies