0
   

The mechanism of creation, choosing

 
 
Syamsu
 
Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 03:19 pm
How God creates, and how our souls create, is by choosing.

Why do people not care to have the right knowledge about how choosing works?

Why does everybody care to have knowledge about some dinosaur bird which may or may not have been an evolutionary link, while knowledge about how choosing works, which they use every day of their life, is left a mess of contradictory points of view on for example the wiki on free will ?
 
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 07:22 pm
@Syamsu,
I agree. It's a good idea to keep abreast of the scholarship on the issue.

http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/v11/n5/abs/nn.2112.html

Quote:
Unconscious determinants of free decisions in the human brain
Chun Siong Soon1,2, Marcel Brass1,3, Hans-Jochen Heinze4 & John-Dylan Haynes1,2


top of page
There has been a long controversy as to whether subjectively 'free' decisions are determined by brain activity ahead of time. We found that the outcome of a decision can be encoded in brain activity of prefrontal and parietal cortex up to 10 s before it enters awareness. This delay presumably reflects the operation of a network of high-level control areas that begin to prepare an upcoming decision long before it enters awareness.

top of page
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Stephanstrasse 1A, 04103 Leipzig, Germany.
Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience, Haus 6, Philippstrasse 13, 10115 Berlin, Germany.
Department of Experimental Psychology and Ghent Institute for Functional and Metabolic Imaging, Ghent University, Henri Dunantlaan 2, 9000 Ghent, Belgium.
Department of Neurology II, Otto-von-Guericke University, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany.


http://videolectures.net/eccs08_haynes_udofdithb/



Syamsu
 
  0  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 05:23 am
@FBM,
The judges forbid teaching creationism in the USA at public schools. Choosing is the mechanism of creation. Now if you come before a judge you can just say you don't believe that free will fairytale, and that the illegal behaviour sort of evolved out of the situation.
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 05:26 am
@Syamsu,
You're conflating (legal) convention and ethics with science. Very different animals. For example, you don't seem to have any real science to back up your creationist claim(s).
Syamsu
 
  0  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 05:31 am
@FBM,
So in a court of law scientific facts do not count, because there only legal conventions count?

So the legal convention is that choosing is real, yet it is prohibited to be taught that choosing is a scientific fact.

That's insanity.
Krumple
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 05:41 am
@Syamsu,
Syamsu wrote:

How God creates, and how our souls create, is by choosing.

Why do people not care to have the right knowledge about how choosing works?

Why does everybody care to have knowledge about some dinosaur bird which may or may not have been an evolutionary link, while knowledge about how choosing works, which they use every day of their life, is left a mess of contradictory points of view on for example the wiki on free will ?


I think this is making the whole thing overly simplified.

When creating, why is there choosing? Choosing isn't the driving force when creating. Choosing is making a selection to solve a problem when creating.

I have no idea how this plays into any god. Are you suggesting because there is choice making process that it in some way verifies a god?

Many of the choices we make are limited in scope. We don't have infinite possibilities despite what the extreme optimist will attempt to suggest.
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 05:45 am
@Syamsu,
Syamsu wrote:

So in a court of law scientific facts do not count, because there only legal conventions count?


Strawman much? Where did I say that?

Quote:
So the legal convention is that choosing is real, yet it is prohibited to be taught that choosing is a scientific fact.
That's insanity.


You're not paying attention, are you?
0 Replies
 
fresco
 
  2  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 05:54 am
@Syamsu,
Courts of law are social institutions which help regulate societies. The concept of "free will" is a social concept linked to those of "responsibility" and "culpability".

Psychological and neurological data may have little to do with sociological levels of analysis. And religious concepts like "God" are psychological constructs often used to underpin the "authority" of courts.

It takes a certain amount of detached intelligence to understand how these levels of discourse are confused...a common problem for conditioned religious believers.
Syamsu
 
  0  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 05:54 am
@Krumple,
Evolutionists conceive of choosing as sorting out the best result, using the facts about what is good and evil as sorting criteria. Much as like natural selection, selects the fittest organisms.

Then when an evolutionist has made a decision, then the definition of choosing they use says, that they did the best. So they get an ego boost. And when they did not do the best, then the definition says they did not choose it, so it must have been an accident or a mistake or something, not their fault.
Syamsu
 
  0  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 06:00 am
@fresco,
Well you got plenty of detached intelligence. Used to be courts of laws demanded the facts, and the most important facts would always be who chose what.
fresco
 
  2  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 06:12 am
@Syamsu,
That intelligence indicates that "facts" are never independent of context. They are nodes of social agreement (termed "paradigmatic agreement" in the sciences). In that sense the "who" may be important, but that merely raises social/tribal issues of us/them.
Krumple
 
  2  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 06:25 am
@Syamsu,
Syamsu wrote:

Evolutionists conceive of choosing as sorting out the best result, using the facts about what is good and evil as sorting criteria. Much as like natural selection, selects the fittest organisms.


I don't know anyone who understands evolution to say that it is a mechnism based on choosing. It's not choosing at all. Evolution works via the environment, either an organism is suited to it or it is not. There is no choosing involved.

Syamsu wrote:

Then when an evolutionist has made a decision, then the definition of choosing they use says, that they did the best. So they get an ego boost. And when they did not do the best, then the definition says they did not choose it, so it must have been an accident or a mistake or something, not their fault.


Let me get this straight you are attempting to say that people who believe in evolution blame their mistakes on something else when they have made a bad choice? What does believing evolution have to do with decision making? I personally don't know anyone who thinks like this. I'm pretty certain you are making this up.
Syamsu
 
  0  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 06:27 am
@Krumple,
eh... you yourself said that choosing is selection a few posts previous. So start looking in the mirror, and the odds are you will immediately find such an evolutionist.
Syamsu
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 06:31 am
@fresco,
It is only because evolutionists have left no proper room for subjectivity, that then they turn around and assert that subjectivity is inherent in facts.

Creationism provides 1 full category for subjectivity, the creator category, and 1 full category for facts, the creation category. That is how you provide proper room for subjectivity.
0 Replies
 
FBM
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 06:38 am
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/11181208_1578097012477937_8898635161378966430_n.jpg
Krumple
 
  2  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 06:39 am
@Syamsu,
Syamsu wrote:

eh... you yourself said that choosing is selection a few posts previous.


I was referring to humans when it comes to creating things. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with evolution. Problem solving is the mechanism which drives creativity. Not the other way around.

Syamsu wrote:

So start looking in the mirror, and the odds are you will immediately find such an evolutionist.


You are still making stuff up.
Syamsu
 
  0  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:25 am
@FBM,
More insanity of competing facts against opinion, to the complete destruction of opinion.
Syamsu
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:26 am
@Krumple,
It's because you are an evolutionist that you conceive of choosing as selection. That is not the creationist concept of choosing.
FBM
 
  2  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:32 am
@Syamsu,
Syamsu wrote:

More insanity of competing facts against opinion, to the complete destruction of opinion.


Yes, because facts are less important than opinion. Nice argument. Rolling Eyes
Syamsu
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:41 am
@FBM,
So now we all know that your emotional life is empty. The opinion that things are beautiful and such being inferior and all to the facts about what they consist of.
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » The mechanism of creation, choosing
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/28/2022 at 04:47:03