The Elusive Liger

GorDie

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 12:02 pm
@farmerman,
they are not observing evolution** they are only observing basic characteristics of the current living species with no scientific regard for past or future generations. Those are not studies of evolution. nothing resembling such a case study.
GorDie

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 12:03 pm
@izzythepush,
I am very much so in a position to say, "that science is based on observations, and suggesting What something evolved from if anything is not ever an observation."
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 12:55 pm
@GorDie,
learn more of what you speak. That last assertion was kind of valueless and abit vapid.

Evidence includes mouch more than "observations"
we run a GCMS analyzer and cant see the electrons dropping into low energy orbitals, but we create mchines that do the measurements based on other laws that we cannot observe.
It goes on and on and deeper and deeper.
If you fear something, just learn more about it, its horizons and limitations.
GorDie

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:32 pm
@farmerman,
... And those machines; ~ which operate upon invisible unobservable laws always produced PREPROGRAMMED results which are not valid evidence. The Analyses and the evidence are both void, as they are not actual sciences based on objective findings, but are one 100% subjective to the programming, which is fitted to a non-factual law of "physics" someone theorized.

don't piss me off Farmermen. I didn't start this thread to educate atheists about the fallacies of their belief system -

I came here to tell people I met the man who ate a Liger.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:35 pm
@GorDie,
You can say whatever you want, but considering you know naff all about science you shouldn't expect to be taken seriously by anyone.
Setanta

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:47 pm
@GorDie,
Their antecedents are shown in their morphology and the MtDNA. You don't know a goddamned thing about science, Go-Die . . . you're an idiot and people have been laughing at you throughout the thread. What is more pathetic about your stupidity is that you loudly advertise it.
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:10 pm
@izzythepush,
What lack of knowledge regarding science have I expressed?
You say I don't know anything about science. Please. What lack of science have I expressed?
Ionus

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 07:30 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
It took Planck Institute a decade or more to fully sequence neanderthals DNA and do it well before they could safely announce a conclusion that Neanderthals DID interbreed with humans. (I remember hen Paabo released his first bit of DNA data and denied any Neanderthal genetics in our own genoms and he was speaking too soon.
Thank you for an informative reply . As a sideline, how do they distinguish between common ancestors and common descendants in the DNA analysis ? I know mDNA could be used, but is there any other way ?
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 10:03 pm
@Ionus,
common descendancy can be ruled out when the specimen cannot be included in the phylo tree. This one is such an example. MDNA will allow the "lookback" through the female linneage and the Y chromosome can similarly be traced to define the migrations that the specimen hs endured by matching its genome to possible descendents.

Since the Smilodon specimens were lumped together, they presumably are able to demo the trends that the entire genus had gone through in both Nand S America. But since the specimens could NOT be made unique, their own descendents (both m and Y chromosomal DNA) cannot be accurately pinpointed , mostly because the very segments they need to use, just arent there and theyve been substituted.
This is done all the damn time an popular presses get it wrong all the time when we get stuff in "Science weeklies " in some of the National news.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 10:06 pm
@GorDie,
well for one, youve made up some bullshit about a Gas Chromatograph/ Mass Spec (GCMS). You have no idea what they even do.
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 10:32 pm
@farmerman,
Heres the famous "M Hammer" its a spot about kinds of polymorphs on the gene that are used to track and do tracing of linneages. If a genome is "spliced" from several sources, the single ones (SNP's, and STR'') loci, cannot really be ascribed to any one of the members because they get mooshed together by using the technique of " polymerase chain reaction" (I dont know how the opreps are done because I only watched one of my guys who wa working on a unique series of modern gas producing microscopic "critters"

https://www.dnalc.org/view/15092-Studying-the-Y-chromosome-to-understand-population-origins-and-migration-Michael-Hammer.html
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 03:27 am
@GorDie,
GorDie wrote:
I came here to tell people I met the man who ate a Liger.

And I use to ride unicorns to moonbeam valley.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 03:29 am
@GorDie,
Pretty much everything. Farmerman has put you right, but you won't have it, because you're a religious idiot who prefers bullshit to reality.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 03:47 am
This thread is very entertaining . . . here's an old standard . . .

There was a young lady of Niger
Who smiled as she rode on a tiger;
They returned from the ride
With the lady inside,
And the smile on the face of the tiger.
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 04:27 am
@Setanta,
Fortunately, tigers are easily trapped

http://assets.amuniversal.com/cbadc520deb701317193005056a9545d
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 04:30 am
@farmerman,
Things that I miss include
Seinfeld
Calvin and Hobbes
and those little chocolate covered crunchy malted milk balls

Now Im all bummed out
izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 04:57 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
and those little chocolate covered crunchy malted milk balls

We've still got them. And due to the global nature of marketing there's probably a website that sells them to Americans. (I managed to send Belgian beer to my daughter in China, so anything's possible.)
Little bags.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/60/Maltesers-Wrapper-Small.jpg
Big bags.
http://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/426/5000159475426/IDShot_540x540.jpg
Boxes.
http://static.approvedfood.co.uk/thumbs/50/1000/576/1/src_images/Maltesers_Box_120g.jpg
Tubs.
https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/maltesers.jpg
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 05:15 am
@izzythepush,
mmmmmmmmm malt balls. (said in my Homer Simpson voice)
izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 05:29 am
@farmerman,
They are very nice, and not exactly difficult to get hold of over here. I would google some US based suppliers, but I don't want to be accused of spamming.

Something like "British chocolate in America" should do the trick.

I eat them in two ways, either sucking off the chocolate then the malty goodness, or biting them in half, and having the malty bit first. Your tongue fits perfectly inside one of those half spheres.
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 05:55 am
@izzythepush,
exactly. The story is, over here, the USDA has put "nutritional information" on candies and thesewere an absolute mess with fats and greases and ****. SO Hershey chocolate (who made em) just quit and although they do make em in really small amounts, they are almost impossible to get.
There are some phony "boutique" malt balls out there but they are either made in Mexico (and hence all vanillay flavored , or worse, CANADA where they make everything (even their meats) taste like Maple syrup.