Who is and Who is Not Going to Heaven

whatthewtf

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 04:21 pm
I agree cav
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 04:58 pm
Yeah, cav. I saw Jesus in spiderman 2. And they did it very poorly. Way too obvious. Death, resurrection, reveal of true nature. Way too obvious.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 05:04 pm
If Christianity wasn't obvious, it wouldn't have so many converts. Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 05:04 pm
And I mean that in the most insulting way.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 04:15 am
Foxfyre wrote:
LOL okay Squinney....I'm hunting for my copy of "The Great Late Planet Earth". We really ought to dig up some of Edgar Cayce and Nostrodamus's predictions too.

I read that critics of "The Bible Code" had already proved that this method relies on the statistics of finding certain letter combinations, which is applicable to all texts of a certain length.

As an example they found in Herman melville's Moby Dick, the prediction that the writer of The Bible code would die, using his own method. Very Happy

And all Rock Music contains hidden satanic messages Twisted Evil (for those who listen carefully enough)
0 Replies

Lekatt

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 07:53 am
There is strong scientific evidence that we live after the physical death of our bodies shown in near death experiences. Anyone really interested should read about it. I would think everyone would be interested, but who knows.

http://www.aleroy.com/wildcard/

Love
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 09:23 am
To me there is simply too much evidence of a spirit world to discount its existence and, if such exists, it is only reasonable to go the next step and assume that part of us is part of it and will join it fully once we're finished with our mortal carbon-based bodies. I like to think that spirit beings can morph into whatever form they wish which would explain 'ghost sightings' as recognizable people, etc. Do I think anybody still confined to human existence knows how any of this works or exactly how it will be. No.

But it sure is fun to think about it and speculate and try to unravel the mysteries that are presented for us to solve. I think to believe there are no clues at all is as unreasonable as it is to think anybody living knows all the answers.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 09:43 am
I should point out that evidence of a spirit world in no way indicates an existence of 'heaven', or a system of 'who gets in and who doesn't.'
0 Replies

Lekatt

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 04:06 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
To me there is simply too much evidence of a spirit world to discount its existence and, if such exists, it is only reasonable to go the next step and assume that part of us is part of it and will join it fully once we're finished with our mortal carbon-based bodies. I like to think that spirit beings can morph into whatever form they wish which would explain 'ghost sightings' as recognizable people, etc. Do I think anybody still confined to human existence knows how any of this works or exactly how it will be. No.

But it sure is fun to think about it and speculate and try to unravel the mysteries that are presented for us to solve. I think to believe there are no clues at all is as unreasonable as it is to think anybody living knows all the answers.

You are correct. No one has all the answers. Near death experiencers collect information about the after life existence in the light. But unfortunately most of it is forgotten when returning to the physical.
It is like having it all, then losing it, very frustrating.

Love
0 Replies

Lekatt

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 04:14 pm
cavfancier wrote:
I should point out that evidence of a spirit world in no way indicates an existence of 'heaven', or a system of 'who gets in and who doesn't.'

People who have near death experiences usually ask a lot of questions during and after the event. These questions are directed at the light beings, guides, or whatever you wish to call them. While I don't claim to be infallible I do believe everyone will enter the afterlife. That there is a heaven and hell, but neither are like we generally think of them. That there is no religion in the afterlife.

So, in summary, I think everyone will make it into the afterlife ok, and no one will be greatly rewarded or greatly punished. It is a learning thing we do.

Love
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 06:19 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
To me there is simply too much evidence of a spirit world to discount its existence and, if such exists, it is only reasonable to go the next step and assume that part of us is part of it and will join it fully once we're finished with our mortal carbon-based bodies.

I have often wondered how those that hold such beliefs about the spirit or soul being seperate from the physical body reconcile changes that occur to the spirit/soul due to aging, injury, disease, etc. As we grow from infancy, throughout life, our spirit/soul continually grows and changes as does our physical body. Sometimes the physical body gives out first, sometimes the spirit/soul. Which of the many phases of the spirit/soul do you picture as moving on?
0 Replies

jddddd

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 06:41 pm
I actually had dreams about heaven a few times. Someone showed me the whole universe and told me that heaven is located in the center of it. All the angels there looked like little children about 8 years of age because they've eaten from the Tree of Life. They look very innocent but they're full of wisdom and are ferocious warriors. I have a web site www.johndiep.com Exclamation if you want to read more about my religious dreams.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 06:54 pm
In answer to Mesquite's question I honestly don't know. I don't think the spirit/soul 'gives out' though in some cases I think it vacates the temporarl physical body before the physical body is declared officially dead. What it is like for the spirit to experience birth, growth, maturity I don't have a clue. I don't know if a new soul is created at conception or whether it is assigned to a new being. All these things I hope to be able to ask and get answers at some point however. Smile
0 Replies

glad to be muslim

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:57 pm
Yoda wrote:

That’s actually quite an intelligent question, what is heaven like?

Truthfully, I do not know, but from what I get out of my study of scripture, heaven will be much like earth, there will be those that are great, and there will be those that will be not. It will be a monarchy rule, with people who have authority over others, but God will be the ultimate authority. There will be people who get to be with God in heaven, and there will be those who will not, I’m not speaking of those that are in hell.

For us, Muslims, heaven is not like earth and dose not close to it.

Heaven is described simply by this sentence:
(What eyes never seen and what human can't imagine)

Of course we Muslims have large information, comparing to others (from what i have read here), about heaven and paradise and of course about hell.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 11:38 am
Actually glad's Muslim definition of heaven is quite good: "What eyes have never seen and what human can't imagine." I think maybe some spirits have caught glimpses of heaven, but nobody still in their mortal body has seen more than a glimpse. And as for what human's can't imagine, I'm sure that is correct. Doesn't keep it from being fun to try though. Smile
0 Replies

glad to be muslim

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 08:26 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Actually glad's Muslim definition of heaven is quite good: "What eyes have never seen and what human can't imagine." I think maybe some spirits have caught glimpses of heaven, but nobody still in their mortal body has seen more than a glimpse. And as for what human's can't imagine, I'm sure that is correct. Doesn't keep it from being fun to try though. Smile

I meant by first part (what eyes have never seen) by saying what are in heaven are not similar to earth.

Some names are the same, Gold for example, but that dose not mean that the Gold of heaven is similar to erath's

In heaven there are Wine (alchohol) but aren't similar to earth's.. it dose not lose you mind. :wink:

there are good decriptions for heavens in our books (Quran or Hadeeths (prophet words) but still you can not Imagine how it gonna be. :wink:
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 08:31 pm
Yes glad, the Christian Bible also has some wonderful descriptions of Heaven that almost certainly fall short of how it is actually going to be for those who experience it. I have read some of the passages in the Qu'ran related to Heaven though I am less familiar with the Hadeeth. It will be fun comparing notes later on I think. Smile

Welcome to A2K by the way.
0 Replies

glad to be muslim

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 08:58 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Yes glad, the Christian Bible also has some wonderful descriptions of Heaven that almost certainly fall short of how it is actually going to be for those who experience it. I have read some of the passages in the Qu'ran related to Heaven though I am less familiar with the Hadeeth. It will be fun comparing notes later on I think. Smile

Welcome to A2K by the way.

thanks for welcoming me and i don't mind comparing notes either. Smile
0 Replies