Revisiting illustration transmittal

ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 12:20 pm
Or, find the thread you talked about this in. It would be in My Topics, see top of the page.
Find the exact post you want to save.
Look at it.
Let's say I want to save Tes yeux noirs' post above on my desk top.
Look to the right of that post. See this number: Post: # 5,991,958
Click on that.
That specific post will show up with the exact post number in the URL.
Pass your cursor over the URL
Then click Save As (that will be in your Safari File). Then choose where to save it to, for example, the desk top.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 05:59 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Okay Tes, so mine had a couple unnecessary steps. I incline to exaggerate a little sometimes
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 06:44 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Dale thinks Mozilla is a misspelling of Godzilla

Even I know it's a kind of cheese.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 06:57 pm
This is one of the strangest threads I've ever seen in my 13 years here.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/panzade/applause2_zpsjldbyajy.gif
dalehileman

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:13 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Thanking you again Tes

But my immediate concern is to print the posting, as I indicated in my #....950. In any past attempt to do so, instead of printing the posting it my Apple/Mac set about printing the entire thread

I had asked about this phenom before, and it was then the a2k'er suggested first copying the posting to Word, a process however requiring some 84 additional keystrokes. Thus I had hoped for an easier way
ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:30 am
@dalehileman,
I gave you an easier way - to get just the single posting. Did you not read it?
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:55 am
@dalehileman,
Quote:
But my immediate concern is to print the posting

Now you are doing what my soccer playing pals call "moving the goal posts". In you first post you clearly and explicitly mentioned the number of keystrokes...
Quote:
required to copy an actual illustration from another site (Google for instance) to an a2k posting.

You know such behaviour is the hallmark of an attention troll? How are things in La-la Land?
dalehileman

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:58 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Did you not read it?
Sorry Oss got off on a tangent

Quote:
That specific post will show up with the exact post number
I presume Oss by "post number" you mean the internet address of that particular posting

Quote:
...in the URL.
I suppose by "URL" you mean that posting's address as it appears in the Address and Search window

Quote:
Pass your cursor over the URL
Then click Save As(that will be in your Safari File)
I guess you're assuming that Safari is open; but if it is, by "Save as," I wonder if you might mean "File, Save As"

Quote:
Then choose where to save it to, for example, the desk top.
Okay Oss but to save me the trouble of Googling it, just how does one go about saving to the desk top

Oss you have to forgive an old guy who doesn't know all the synonyms for all the terms. But otherwise have I made all the right assumptions above
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 12:02 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Quote:
Now you are doing what my soccer playing pals call "moving the goal posts".
Yea Tes, it's an awful habit and I again apologize most profusely

Quote:
.....the hallmark of an attention troll?
...or just a very old fella

Quote:
How are things in La-la Land
I do stumble along from day to day but Sunday is one of my faves since I'm entitled to two exotic foreign brews as well as popcorn
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 12:13 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Tes I really do appreciate your suggestions but since as an old fella I don't now all the slang and synonyms you'll have to forgive my apparent density

I use Mozilla Firefox
dalehileman

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 12:58 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Quote:
I use Mozilla Firefox
Tes you'll have to forgive me occasionally hitting the wrong key. But to save me the trouble of getting lost in Google, what's "Firefox"

I presume it's a cloud site, in which case I suppose I ought to subscribe to one; so would you consider any of these suitable for my purpose

http://www.thetop10bestonlinebackup.com/cloud-storage

Quote:
...which has "tabs"...In tab 1 I have a web page with a picture...
I'm familiar with the use of tabs in Safari for instance for quick access when switching between sites. So is the Mozilla tab also used for this purpose--that is, if I have saved photos to this cloud site, then am I supposed to first open their tab facility, then place the photo of interest in tab 1

Quote:
In tab 2 I am replying to a thread, where I have the reply box...
Tes forgive me again but do you mean I first return to the a2k thread of interest, then highlight and save the posting of immediate interest, and finally return to Firefox and place it in Tab 2

Quote:
...or the "Ask a Question" box
I'm not familiar with this facility. Is it in a2k or Firefox, and are you supposing--that is, in this example--it contains something of interest that I'd like to keep or pass along

Quote:
In tab 1 I right click the picture.
If this is the sort of tab with which I'm familiar, in order to see the picture or photo, wouldn't I first have to open it by clicking on the tab. Is the purpose of right-clicking on the photo then to access the list of options or simply to highlight it; or have I missed a click somewhere--again my embarrassed mea culpa

Two clicks? Six? At first I counted 21 (or was that 27 including the initial 6?) Owing to my incredible ignorance, Tes, I had spent a half-hour studying the remainder of your excellent posting (that's #.....603) why left-clicking on tab 2 required three clicks when I realized that what you meant was "(third click)"

As for the remainder of your explanation, gaining a bit more insight I shall indeed place #603 on my agenda. But what has me going from this point forward I'm not sure whether we're still in Firefox or have returned to a2k. If the latter than I really did miss something....

Again Tes my most sincere amends but you hafta address an old fella like me as if explaining to a first-grader stuck with a dictionary that doesn't give all the latest terms, who knows only what his teacher has told him

But thank you for your infinite patience
dalehileman

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 01:06 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
...one of the strangest threads...
Pan you've made my entire day
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 01:09 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
I use Mozilla Firefox
Probably puzzled you Tes, and again in the most sincere redress, I had simply hit the wrong key....
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 01:14 pm
@dalehileman,
Mozilla Firefox is a computer program, of the type known as "web browsers". Often abbreviated to just "Firefox". It is not a cloud site. Other web browsers include Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Opera, and NetScape.

Firefox is one of the world's most popular and widely used browsers. It is available for Windows, Apple Mac, Linux, etc.

Regarding the other topics you raised, are you still using a one-button mouse? Because if so, I can't help you much. I last used one of those abominations around 1990.

dalehileman

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 02:01 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Quote:
... computer program, .... not a cloud site...
Aha Tes, yes, no, I don't have it. Does one hafta pay for it

Quote:
Regarding the other topics you raised, are you still using a one-button mouse?
Goodness no, haven't for the past 17 years. In fact my boys gave me a new wireless for Father's Day

As to other my recent postings, feel no ob to respond. I am a most hopeless case, comfortable with only the most literal instructions, totally incapable of spotting or filling in omissions, nuances, newbies, slang, stuff everyone else today knows so well

Again thanks Tes
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 02:08 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Does one hafta pay for it

Google is your friend.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 03:08 pm
Dale -

Look up at the top of your screen.

Do you see a white space that starts with http://
... that is an URL

Now go back and look at what I said.
That was http://able2know.org/topic/284801-2#post-5992332
Or what Tes yeux noirs said about selecting one post to show, which was slightly before my post; he talked re if you had a pc, but pc and mac are close on how to do it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 05:05 am
YOU'RE FEEDING A TROLL, FOLKS!
dalehileman

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:02 am
@Setanta,
http://onelook.com/?w=troll&ls=a&loc=home_ac_troll

Quote:
A very ugly creature in old Scandinavian stories that lives in a cave and is either very small or very tall...or unpleasant person...who deliberately sends a rude or annoying message to a discussion group on the Internet
But I'm of just average height
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 02:41 pm
@Setanta,
I think Dale is a consistently obnoxious guy, and probably always was.

I think he is the template for passive aggressive behavior.

He is also 83 or 84.

I like how he keeps going. If I can help, a good question, I will. He still has punch.