Corrie van der Drift (was on Abuzz) Has Passed Away

roger

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 03:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Really? I assumed she had, as she was a member of ravensrealm.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 05:50 pm
@roger,
hehe yup I've talked to bpb a couple of times
once when he was in hospital
another time when I tried to trick him with a birthday message
he tracked me down and we had a great laugh-filled conversation
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 05:51 pm
@roger,
temper/Corrie didn't take the end of Abuzz well
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 05:56 pm
She had a mailing list for her friends, after Abuzz. I was on it for a time, until I changed emails. I don't recall what she emailed now and then.
mckenzie

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 09:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
She e-mailed jokes, Edgar.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 09:10 pm
@mckenzie,
Thank you.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 09:11 pm
She and I shared e-mails until somehow we lost contact. A very nice person and I regret not reconnecting.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 04:39 am
Corrie and I wrote to each other weekly, ever since the end of Abuzz. I'd send her a note every Sunday morning and she always responded a few hours later. She was a talented computer artist, a devoted dog owner, and she loved Rotterdam.

Her e-mails stopped abruptly; it wasn't like her. I couldn't figure out how to find any information on her whereabouts or condition. I'd search her name off and on for a couple of weeks but nothing ever hit. I only had one old e-mail address from another old Abuzzer — I wrote to see if she knew anything; no response. And I'd forgotten all about A2K; I should have gone here right away. So her disappearance was a mystery; I was worried but I also had no trouble convincing myself that she'd just grown bored of our friendship so I left it at that.

Totally unrelated, I was trying to tie down some personal chronology and wondered exactly when Abuzz shut down. Did a search and brought this page up — and finding this thread solved the mystery.

Such a good woman, fun-loving and kindhearted who overcame personal obstacles and brought happiness to others — goodbye Corrie, sorry to have been late to your sendoff.
0 Replies