Corrie van der Drift (was on Abuzz) Has Passed Away

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 02:00 pm
I don't remember much more than the name, but I thought her friends would like to know.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 02:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
Read it on facebook. Another very sad news.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 03:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I remember Corrie somewhat.
Rest in peace, Corrie.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 04:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Her username on Abuzz was temper. I recall thinking it was a negative, you know, bad temper. She explained to me in an email once that it was intended as a positive, you know, where you balance things.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 04:25 pm
@jespah,
As Temper, I remember exchanging messages with her. I had forgotten. Good person.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 04:41 pm
I always remember the gala parties Corrie hosted on Abuzz.

We were so innocent in a way. There was no way to attach photos so we described our outfits and the venue and the food and just everything about the party. She was a marvellous hostess Smile

I've just been looking at some of the online artwork she created in the last weeks of her life. Her imagination ... wonderful!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 04:52 pm
@ehBeth,
I remember where she lived and some of her struggles around the time we were on Abuzz. I remember her being highly irritated with those of us who left Abuzz. Her irritation was really because she loved it so (well, the good Abuzz).
Yes, a good person.
jespah

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 05:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes, she thought Robert and I were killing Abuzz.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 05:10 pm
@jespah,
I'm sure she was angry with me as well (probably not as angry as at you guys, but definitely angry). Sigh. I did like her.
farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 06:46 pm
@ossobuco,
I remember the writing spaces in abuzz were like some country newspaper columns
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 09:41 pm
What a shame! I remember temper/Corrie very well. We chatted via mail for quite some time, and I was on her joke list until she discontinued it some years after Abuzz died. Rest in peace, Corrie.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 09:50 pm
This is sad. I think I still have a couple of pictures after she was finally able to walk a little.

When we were on ravensrealm, she and I traded tee shirts with local stuff on them. She had to make her own legend as Rotterdam wasn't that big on regional tee shirts.

Same deal with Rae and Wilso, by the way.
mckenzie

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 10:13 pm
@roger,
I remember Rae well, too, from Abuzz, and her mother, Misti. Wonder how they are.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 10:38 pm
@ossobuco,
We exchanged emails regularly - until that time.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 11:26 pm
@mckenzie,
Neither I nor letty have heard from either since the second meeting in Cocoa Beach, circa 2004.

Wait. I had a call from Rae in 2007 after I got out of a hospital stay in 2007. Maybe it was a email - it's been a long time.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 11:31 pm
@roger,
I've seen Misti around FB intermittently. Haven't noticed her lately ... but wasn't looking for her either.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 11:35 pm
@roger,
Funniest phone call I've ever had with an internet friend was with you while you were in the hospital. Heavily medicated does funny things to Roger Smile
roger

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 12:55 am
@ehBeth,
Yeah. I thought you were Gezzy, for one thing. And yes to the medication, too. I had a call about the same time from bipolarbear. Don't know if you've had the pleasure, but he made Robin Williams sound like Slow Talkin' Jones.

I had calls, cards, and email from others. About forty all told, and appreciated every one of them. I answered every one as far as I know, and when a2k went to the new format, the only email address lmur had for anyone on a2k was mine. I think it was my feeble clues that let him find his way back.
dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 02:11 am
@jespah,
Temper! Thank you....now I remember. Did she come here?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 02:24 am
@dlowan,
No, she refused to do it.