Phoenix32890

3  
Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 07:32 am
@edgarblythe,
I saw "Some Like it Hot" years ago. I really liked it. Saw it again recently. This time I characterized it as over the top inane silliness. I think that films affect people differently at different times of their lives.

Even as a kid, I thought that "the Wizard of Oz" was idiotic, but I loved The Snake Pit".

1  
Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 08:11 am
@Phoenix32890,
Happens that way with me frequently. Same with books.

coluber2001

1  
Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 09:19 am
@Phoenix32890,
I never have seen The Wizard of Oz from beginning to end, but the symbolism is intriguing, and I think it would be interesting to analyze the whole thing in regards to its symbolism.

The Tin Man represents industry, which needs a heart. The Scarecrow represents the farmers who need a brain. The lion represent the people who need courage. Follow the gold brick row is follow the gold standard.

1  
Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 09:28 am
I personally like The Wizard of Oz. It's in my CD collection. But it doesn't bother me if others disagree. I likely don't like some of their favorites.

Ragman

0  
Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 11:22 am
@coluber2001,
True enough. Thinking about either Kill Bill 1 or 2 and Pulp Fiction. He’ll they’re well done but so disturbing.

Ragman

1  
Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 11:25 am
@Lash,
Love watching any and all Rodney Dangerfield routines (except his movies) . He is funny to watch his twitchiness or follow where his mind goes off to.

0  
Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 11:28 am
@coluber2001,
I believe there is a silent film with an early appearance by Oliver Hardy which may be before he met Stan.

I heard someone say ghat that the books, and there are a lot of them, were all to do with the loss of the frontier and to some extent the unknown.

Mame

1  
Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 12:29 pm
I always liked the Pink Panther movies but when my kids were 16 and 10, I rented the first one and for some reason none of us found it funny.

Also really liked Rear Window Smile I love the Turner Classic Movies station. Sweet Baby Jane is another one.

And there was that movie with Joan Crawford who was blind and wanted to have her sight returned for one last look before she died. They did the operation and that day NYC experienced a blackout. Good tension in that movie, whatever it was called.

Edit: I think it was called Night Gallery.

1  
Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 12:55 pm
I liked the original Pink Panther but didn't care for the sequels.

Mame

0  
Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 01:20 pm
@Mame,
Oops, I'm in the wrong thread - these are ones I liked!

Rebelofnj

3  
Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2022 06:47 am
The worst I have ever seen was The Beast of Yucca Flats.

Terrible acting, boring throughout, audio syncing is way off, a nude scene was haphazardly added, and the narration does not make any kind of sense. It was a terrible waste of an hour.

At least with most worst films like The Room and Plan 9 From Outer Space, there is someone in the production team that cares about the quality of the final film. With The Beast of Yucca Flats, no one seemed to care at all.

1  
Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2022 07:44 am
@Rebelofnj,
You had me at Tor Johnson!
https://imgur.com/J5xZPws.jpg
You
Had
Me
at TOR
JOHNSON!

Phoenix32890

1  
Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2022 09:46 am
When I hear about a movie, one of the first things that I do is check on IMDB, to see if I should spend any more time on it.

The Beast of Yucca Flats- IMDB 2.2. I think that it is the lowest score that I have ever seen on IMDB.

EmmaPie

0  
Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 07:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
right? xD