Lightwizard

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 08:53 am
At last, another genuinely bad movie, not just a pet peeve regarding a film universally respected by film historians and critics. A film like "Citizen Kane," for instance, also garners an 8.7% our of 100% in the IMDb user poll.
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:28 am
Does anyone remember the way popular 70's movie, Billy Jack?

I was telling a friend about how popular this movie was. She had never heard of it. What? Never heard of Billy Jack? We rented it. It must have been the times because I couldn't even get through it!!
0 Replies

lj102800

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:42 am
I thought Kill Bill was a terrible film, and I've been told the second one is even worse - perhaps I just don't get it!

The worst film I've ever seen is Dreamcatcher - I desperately wanted to walk out of this one, but didn't want to drag my mate out of the cinema, because I thought she was enjoying it. She told me at the end of it that she'd been bored stiff!

Monster comes a very close second on my list - I don't understand the hype about this one at all.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was trash too - I couldn't make it to the end of this one, and was pleased when my mate actually said she'd had enough of this one.

I know these are all fairly recent films, but I really can't think of any old films which I've hated enough to make any impact on me!! Smile
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 03:01 pm
I think someone mentioned "Zardoz" earlier, made in the mid-70's. Without question Sean Connery's worst decision was to be in that movie. And Sean has made quite a few bad movies.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 05:52 am
Now, I will never watch a film, unless I check out the reviews first. There is just too much garbage about. I DO remember a film that I saw as a kid. I remember getting up and going to the bathroom, and to the concession stands, a number of times, because it was such a crashing bore. I didn't want to leave, because I was with a bunch of friends.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044423/

Come to think of it, there was one recent one. My son talked me into buying a DVD of the remake of Moulin Rouge. I turned it off after about 20 minutes. Yuk!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 08:32 am
Ah, you should try and make it past that first 20 minutes -- it does get much better. I know some who are put-off by Baz Luhrman's kinetic cinematography which came out of his "Strictly Ballroom." The dreamlike sequences with the Green Fairy ( from the label on bottles of absinthe which was likely what killed Tolouse LaTrec) is wonderful fantasy. The film is a musical fantasy with a set built in Australia which is an exact duplicate of the real Moulin Rouge.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 09:52 am
Moulin Rouge took me for a bit of a shock at first, but ultimately, I really enjoyed it.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 10:25 am
Kill Bill killed me. I just don't get it. Oh well.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:26 am
Hi, cav! In "Moulin Rouge!" there a desire to startle one to wake up and take notice in the first reel. It has something in common with "La Boheme" and "Camille" in its storyline and the modern songs rather unnerve some people but all-in-all it has artistic integrity and really has to be seen on the big screen. It doesn't shrink down to the small and square pan-and-scan TV screen at all.

"Kill Bill II" is on both Ebert and Roeper's best films of the year. The first film was a satirical Western vision of an Eastern kung-fu flick. The second was a Western vision of revenge and a rather twisted but viable love story. Maybe a second viewing?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:44 am
Hi LW! Yes, at first it was the use of modern songs that bothered me, but once the film got into the story, I was thinking "oh, you old stick in the mud, get over it." I do agree, the small screen does not do the movie justice. I also liked the Kill Bill movies, both of them. Mind you, I've been a fan of martial arts movies for a long time, and I think Tarantino did a great interperetation of the genre/genres. I have seen every 'Zatoichi, the Blind Swordsman' movie from the '60s. I can't wait to see the remake of the original. We didn't have a chance to catch it first run.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:51 am
Yes LW! A second viewing is in order. When a majority of critics laud a work I take it upon myself to try, try again. Similar to Spiderman which bored me to tears and Spiderman II which was totally engrossing and made I more appealing.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:51 am
Still haven't seen Spiderman II. It's on the list.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 05:42 pm
I have truly witnessed THE WORST FILM OF ALL TIME! http://i53.tinypic.com/bhlj4m.jpg

MANOS: HAND OF FATE!

(1966) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060666/ Please note the not-so coincidental 666 in the IMDb assigned address.
0 Replies

Kphilly

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 05:31 am
for me the worst Movie of all time is Twilight it makes me want to Puke.
royable

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 12:55 pm
@extra medium,
Paranormal activity
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 02:05 pm
@Kphilly,
When one becomes nauseous, it's a sign from ones body that it ingested/is ingesting a poison or toxin.

Your strong reaction to Twilight is quite natural. I worry about those delusional fools who don't feel sick during and after watching Twilight.

Dem poor sick fools! Sad
0 Replies

Skbibek

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 05:28 am
@extra medium,
The worst movies of all time is 12 rounds. Its a movie which doesn't give any information to viewers. John Sena has not impressed the viewers. In my opinion, this movie is worst one. Its just waste of time in watching such movies. So, instead of watching such movies we can just stay idle at home and take a nap. There are further best movies to watch around. So, Please don't waste time in such movies and have a great time in moving around the world instead of watching 12 rounds.
0 Replies

Stevedavis

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 11:42 pm
Sky Line (LORD!!!!!! this movie is Pathetic)
Fast and furious (please somebody explain me what is in the movie except cars and a BOLD Ven Diesel )
The Mist(Director should be hanged)
Missed call(i found it funny rather then horrifying!!lol )
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 06:21 pm
Box office disaster: 'Oogieloves' has the worst opening weekend of all time
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/09/02/oogieloves-big-balloon-adventure-worst-box-office-debut-flop/

0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 08:22 pm
Up for grabs for "Worst Movies of All Time", in no particular order:

- Picnic At Hanging Rock
- Mulholland Drive
- Syriana