July Newsletter from Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 04:49 pm
July of 2004 Newsletter from America's Best Christian

Dear Acolytes:

Well, I finally closed my autographed Bible long enough to read The Da Vinci Code. I had put it off because I like to savor anything that embarrasses the Mary Worshippers in Rome -- or the Supreme Court. Frankly, the whole conceit caused me to reflect, in my modestly perspicacious way, upon how such a disproportionate sampling of the history that is actually remembered is set in motion by the woefully indolent.

For example, the tawdry French Revolution might not have occurred had Marie Antoinette been more inclined to while her moments at Versailles baking and distributing cakes rather than simply sniping about them.

And, perhaps, 3,000 American lives might have been spared had our own more-noblesse-than-oblige royalty George W. Bush actually gotten off of his presidential posterior after being told Osama bin Laden planned to use planes to attack the United States -- instead of treating himself to a month-long dawdle on his horse-free facsimile of a ranch.

Which leads me, of course, to Jesus and the notorious Biblical namedropper Mary Magdalene. Leonardo would have had nothing to paint on that dirty back wall in Santa Maria delle Grazie if Jesus and Mary had shared their last meal in a more discrete location. Had they dined at home, they would have been able to keep their relationship removed from the tenacious gossips at the Priory of Sion and its artistic chronologists. Yes, they never would have been caught if only Mary -- the other one, His mother -- hadn't been so lazy and had prepared her Son (who never asked for much) a lovely hot, home-cooked meal. But for the wont of maternal domesticity, Jesus wouldn't have spent His Last Supper in a Palestinian trattoria hoping that Judas got stuck with the bill.

And Jesus and Mary Magdalene would never have been subjected to the galling -- and Gauling -- infamy of being the J-Lo and Ben of their time, in a romance destined for doom, but not before being memorialized by the Renaissance version of fresco-paparazzi. And poor Mary would never have had to flee, like some deposed Third World despot, to the South of France.

As president of Bringing Integrity To Christian Homemakers, I wave a non-stick spatula dismissively in Mary's presumably heavenward direction.

So close to Jesus, I allow Him to cash a check for a full $60 over the face amount without photo ID,

Mrs. Betty Bowers

America's Best Christian

Spiritual Advisor to Mr. & Mrs. George W. Bush
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 526 • Replies: 7
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 05:43 pm
An Autographed Bible??? Signed by God himself? Wow! That's gotta be worth something!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 08:08 pm
"And, perhaps, 3,000 American lives might have been spared had our own more-noblesse-than-oblige royalty George W. Bush actually gotten off of his presidential posterior after being told Osama bin Laden planned to use planes to attack the United States -- instead of treating himself to a month-long dawdle on his horse-free facsimile of a ranch. "

This is the kind of horseshit that pisses me off. Pseudo-intellectuals who only listen to ultra-left news sources and then tries to pass off lies as fact!

Shame on you for posting such drivel, BBB. It's beneath you.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 08:11 pm
Horseshit MickyGee? It's the total truth! Why don't you post an article saying something nice about Bush then we can all comment on it. There isn't much is there?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 08:21 pm
As president of Bringing Integrity To Christian Homemakers, I wave a non-stick spatula dismissively in Mary's presumably heavenward direction.

Gosh ... Is this for real? Do people really read this?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 08:25 pm
Yes people really read this, and you should check her out . . . Betty brings a new freshness and charm to Christian bigory . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 08:44 pm
Oh, I will! Gosh!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 11:43 pm
McG
McG, SATIRE! Do you know what satire is?

BBB Rolling Eyes
0 Replies