Kaaba a Hindu Temple

glad to be muslim

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 09:51 pm
Quote:

I don't know who you are or whether English is your first language (if its not I give you credit for your ability) but

No, English is not my first language and my English is far away from being native. My first language is Arabic, but thanks.

Quote:

What does this mean? That Mohammed had a view on splitting the atom? The concept of the atom had been around for a long while even by Mohammed's time, but necessarily being the smallest indivisible component of any element, I would be surprised if Mohammed thought about sub atomic particles.

as you said, the atom was well known but also was believed that it was the smallest indivisible component of any element. Quran says that there are smaller than the atom, without out giving much description about it.
How did Muhammad , the illiterate, discovered that?

Quote:
In any case I was interested specifically in the dual wave/particle nature of small particles or packets of energy

We don't say that all the science information are available in the Quran or Hadeeths (prophet words), otherwise we could end up with completely science books rather than religion.

Quote:

Mohammed was a progressive for his day and the religion he founded is certainly more interesting than Christianity or Judaism, but the fact is that he was trying to explain everything using the tools available to him at the time. Both our knowledge and our tools for research into knowledge have advanced immeasurably in the last 1400 years. Mohammed, Jesus, Moses should be seen as interesting historical figures, but of no particular relevance to modern man inquisitive about science or religion.

If you feel that we are ahead in science, yes it is true in most cases, but Islam did not came for specific period of life, as we believe, it came for all the next generations, but what dose that mean?

Quran is not just a religious book; it is a system of life, a system how to rule, better than all those Human rules. It teaches you how to live, it teaches how make a strong society, it teaches human what's wrong what's not, it is more than a religious book for us. It is the pathway of life.

You can say that Islamic nation is way behind the western nations, yes we are and that because we have thrown Quran rules behind our backs and wanted to acquire "Modern Rules" which made us walk in reverse way.

Quote:

[And what really rattles my cage is when a religious person says they KNOW through FAITH that they are RIGHT and other people are therefore WRONG]

yes I have heard this over and over. Some of what I had a talk with them used this sentence. All of them are attached to modern science and they want proofs that they were wrong from modern science not from FAITH.

You have the right for saying that. At the day of prophets people used to see proofs from the prophets them selves to follow them. Our proofs, for non-moslems, for being right basically can be spilt into 2 essential parts (excluding faith).

The historical parts (of what related to future)
The scientific parts (of modern scientific facts approved just recently)

For the first one, we have given good signs that are going to happen in Future 1400 years ago. These signs make Muslims very close to their religion and clear any doubt about being in the right way.

few of the signs that happened,

How could Muhammad predict that Muslims are going to defeat the Persian Empire and the Roman empire when Muslims number were only few hundred.?

More, there is a hadeeth says that we are going to have the city of "Qustantinya" (spelling , now Istanbul ) one of the greatest cities at world then. How could he predict that when we were only few?

There are many signs of future in my religion that happened, among them Jews back to Palestine, and how it is going to end.

that why we believe of what i have discussed here with dauer. If things happened why should i believe that the others (the rest) are not going to happen?

These signs can be used to tell people you are wrong, and they are not a faith.

More over, the second one sounds interesting to many western. How could Muhammad discover all of that before 1400 years ago?
How could he discover that pure knowledge?

This also can be used to tell people that we are right.

I'm sorry if I'm still using RIGHT and WRONG to people. You have the right to believe in what you like.

for Muslims, It is not a matter of RIGHT and WRONG , it is a matter of heaven and hell.

No Joking about them.
0 Replies