Does " insufficient for failure" refer to " insufficient for failure to function"?

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 12:04 pm
That is, insufficient for failure to function (the steel structure of WTC towers would still work and not collapse)?

Context:

Has your Steel Fireplace Ever Melted?

"The fire is the most misunderstood part of the WTC collapse. Even today, the media reports (and many scientists believe) that the steel melted. It is argued that the jet fuel burns very hot, especially with so much fuel present. This is not true ... The temperature of the fire at the WTC was not unusual, and it was most definitely NOT capable of melting steel." -- Eager and Musso, 2001

A fireplace is a diffuse flame burning in air, as was the WTC fire. The maximum flame temperature for burning hydrocarbons (i.e. jet fuel) with an ideal fuel/air mixture) is 1,500 to 1,700 °F -- hardly sufficient to melt steel at 2,730 °F. The steel grate in a roaring fire in a typical home fireplace will rarely reach 1,000 °F, and it never melts!

Slide 447:

Steel Temperatures were insufficient for failure (applies to all WTC buildings)

"But it is very difficult to reach [even] this maximum temperature with a diffuse flame. There is nothing to ensure that the fuel and air in a diffuse flame are mixed in the best ratio ... This is why the temperatures in a residential or office fire are usually in the 930 °F to 1,200 °F (air temp) range. It is known that the WTC fire was [such] a fuel-rich / oxygen starved, diffuse flame, as evidenced by the copious black smoke." -- Cote, A.E., editor, Fire Protection Handbook, 17th Edition, Quincy, Maine: National Fire Protection Association, 1992.

More:
http://www.american-buddha.com/911.blueprintfortruthae4.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 322 • Replies: 3

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
FBM
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 05:53 pm
@oristarA,
The temperatures were not high enough to make the structures fail, ie, to melt the steel beams.
oristarA

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 08:39 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

The temperatures were not high enough to make the structures fail, ie, to melt the steel beams.

Yeah, the twin towers of WTC were most likely intentionally demolished. There is no way for the planes hijacked by bin Laden's followers to cause its collapse.
FBM

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 08:40 pm
@oristarA,
Ah. To clarify, I don't buy into the conspiracy theory. I was just paraphrasing the text for you. Wink
0 Replies