link
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,066 • Replies: 14
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 08:55 am
I was wondering where McGentrix was...I was afraid we'd have to get used to posters starting threads with news and opinions they actually formed composed and expressed in their own words......whew!!! Glad to be back to normal.....
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 08:55 am
Mr. Miller needs a reality check!
Perhaps he should pull aside the curtain and take a look?

Al Gore's rants? What... like this?

"Our founders taught us that public fear is the most dangerous enemy of democracy because under the right circumstances it can trigger the temptation of those who govern themselves to surrender that power to someone who promises strength and offers safety, security and freedom from fear.

More than 6000 documents have been removed by the Bush administration from governmental Web sites. To cite only one example, a document on the EPA Web site giving citizens crucial information on how to identify chemical hazards to their families. Some have speculated that the principle threat to the Bush administration is a threat by the chemical hazards if the information remains available to American citizens.

To head off complaints from our nation's governors over how much they receive under federal programs, the Bush administration simply stopped printing the primary state budget report.

To muddy the clear consensus of the scientific community on global warming, the White House directed major changes and deletions to an EPA report that were so egregious that the agency said it was too embarrassed to use the language.

They've kept hidden from view Cheney's ultra-secret energy task force. They have fought a pitched battle in the courts for more than three years to continue denying the American people the ability to know which special interests and lobbyists advised with Vice President Cheney on the design of the new laws.

And when mass layoffs became too embarrassing they simply stopped publishing the regular layoff report that economists and others have been receiving for decades. For this administration, the truth hurts, when the truth is available to the American people. They find bliss in the ignorance of the people. What are they hiding, and why are they hiding it?
http://www.tompaine.com/articles/the_perils_of_the_presidency.php

And which parts of Moore's movie were falsehoods?
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 09:28 am
Well you need to remember that Miller is an example of what the Democrats were in the '60--the 1860!

Perhaps a better quetion is what would Lincoln think of the way the GOP has been taken over by a mishmash of religious and free-market fundamentalists, Imperalists and 2nd Ammendment absolutionists.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 09:42 am
Re: Zell Miller - I love my party but hate what it has becom
Zell Miller wrote:
I have been a proud member of the Democratic Party from the time I first breathed the Georgia mountain air. But lately I can barely recognize my once-great party.

I'm sure it looks somewhat different from the outside than from the inside.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 10:03 am
Re: Zell Miller - I love my party but hate what it has becom
joefromchicago wrote:
Zell Miller wrote:
I have been a proud member of the Democratic Party from the time I first breathed the Georgia mountain air. But lately I can barely recognize my once-great party.

I'm sure it looks somewhat different from the outside than from the inside.

Yes it would seem that Miller, having reached the heights where the mountain air is so refreshing, is now merely interested in nothing more than remaining above the fray.......at any cost....
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 01:36 pm
He is just one of those old southern democrats that have hung on in the party in name only.

To requote his own words, "I'll tell you, if we need people like Zen Miller speaking for our party, then we are in a whole heap of trouble."
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 05:05 pm
Zell Miller should just shut up and join the Republican party. He's only a Democrat out of force of habit.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 02:38 pm
Swimpy wrote:
Zell Miller should just shut up and join the Republican party. He's only a Democrat out of force of habit.

Amen to that!

I mean really if you're going to support Bush and claim to no agree with Democratic ideals then get your butt into the Republican sheeps clothing all ready!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 02:55 pm
Miller is what the Democrats were in the 40's, 50's, and 60's minus some leftover cultural racism and homophobia. He is a man I admire and trust. If more Democrats were like him, I'd still be one.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 03:43 pm
He may be admirable and trustworthy, but he seems to be on the wrong side. And things have changed from the 40s, 50s, and 60s. It's a different world.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 08:32 pm
Suzy:

Alas, those Democrats became much of the backbone of today's GOP.
0 Replies

whatthewtf

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 11:54 pm
Both parties have changed significantly it is true since the '60's. I am an independent because of this exact reason. Parties beliefs and opinions change all the time. The current problem right now however is with the Democratic Party. It is full of people like Michael Moore who try and convinve people of outrageous things like Bush is responsible for 9/11 and the Hussein wasnt THAT bad of a person and we should have left him in power to kill millions more of his own. Now i dont know about you, but i dont want a man like that in power when my kids are alive.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 12:34 am
Welcome to A2K whatthe. . .

I agree the world is much better off without Saddam in power. . .or did you mean Michael Moore? Smile
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 06:21 am
Yes the world would is a much better place minus Saddam.

Welcome to the party, WTF.
0 Replies