Goobers or Raisinettes?

NickFun

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 06:52 am
eoe also poasted the sam,e things 3 times in less than one minute. Obviously eoe is into excess... :wink:
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 06:57 am
As raisins are much healthier than peanuts, I vote for goobers. Candy should be unhealthy. If I want something healthy, I would not choose candy.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 07:32 am
Interesting, Linkat. I'm on the South Beach Diet, and it says peanuts are healthier than raisins. Peanuts contain healthy fiber and oils that actually raise your good cholesterol, while raisins contain concentrated sugars that cause spikes in blood sugar levels.

Personally, I believe both are good. And a little unhealthy food is good for the soul.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 08:52 am
Damn - don't ruin it for me Eva. I love peanuts and chocolate together. I also love nuts on lots of deserts and I have the same philosophy for deserts. If you're gonna eat desert it should not be healthy (no fruit deserts for me). Now I'm gonna have to change my whole philosophy.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 10:59 am
My grandma is 99 years old. She smokes like a fiend and eats the worst diet. She says the secret to a long life is "do whatever the hell you want and don't worry about it".
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 12:31 pm
Sorry, Linkat. Let's see...how can I make this fit your philosophy....<think, think>

I know! Overindulging in anything is unhealthy, right? So have TWO or THREE of those desserts instead of just one!

There! Isn't that better?!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 01:13 pm
Thanks Eva for the thought. I typically eat very healthy and do not indulge in desert very often, so when I do I prefer the really bad stuff, with no redeeming healthy aspect to it whatsoever.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 01:55 pm
raisinettes.
goobers just don't sound appetizing...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 02:56 pm
Linkat wrote:
Thanks Eva for the thought. I typically eat very healthy and do not indulge in desert very often, so when I do I prefer the really bad stuff, with no redeeming healthy aspect to it whatsoever.

Oh. Well in that case, have a martini and a cigar. Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 03:17 pm
I'll take the Martini, but no cigar yeck!! (without the olive of course, because there is probably some nutritional value in that).
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 03:23 pm
Quote:
typically eat very healthy and do not indulge in desert very often, so when I do I prefer the really bad stuff, with no redeeming healthy aspect to it whatsoever.

Me too. Tonight, it's a stir fry over brown rice, after which I will bash myself over the head with the wok.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 03:38 pm
I'll stay off the stir fry. I'll have a kasha and the wok bashing. Can't wait!
0 Replies