Can you indict the policeman when he drops a bag of drug into your car to trap you?

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 07:39 am
Supposed that you've got enough evidence to prove his behavior of trapping.

Quote:
Most government informants are real criminals who escape charges or are given lenient plea bargains in exchange for helping prosecutors boost their conviction rates by entrapping innocent people. It is a disgrace to the US legal system that judges permit such false convictions.

Many other innocents are in jail because police dropped small packets of drugs – or in the Texas cases bags of ground up wallboard – into their cars when stopped, allegedly for traffic offenses.

Society gained nothing but more criminals by locking up Bartlett. Her six-year-old son was traumatized by his mother’s absence. At the end of every prison visit he had to be forcefully removed by prison guards from clinging to his mother. By the time he was 10 years old, he was a drug runner. He bought his first gun at age 12 and was in prison by age 16. You can read the whole story in the book, Life on the Outside, by Jennifer Gonnerman.

Source:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2004/05/paul-craig-roberts/a-prison-state-if-not-a-police-state/

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 376 • Replies: 3
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
FBM
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 07:54 am
@oristarA,
If you have sufficient evidence to prove that they planted the evidence, yes. But that rarely happens, I understand. Cops are good at what they do wrong, and judges and juries side with the cops the vast majority of the time unless the evidence is overwhelming, I gather.

The scenario described is not entrapment, by the way.
oristarA

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 08:04 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

The scenario described is not entrapment, by the way.

Not entrapment but framing?
FBM

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 08:13 am
@oristarA,
Right. Framing. Entrapment is when they trick you into committing a crime that you would not have ordinarily done, then arrest you for it.
0 Replies