What would be the most in demand pill in the world?

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 05:26 pm
Imagine you could invent whatever pill you can think of - a cure for cancer ; superstrenght; extraordinary intelligence or HIV immunity. What could it be?

I think if there is one thing humanity would like to get rid of, it would be pain. Physical and/or emotional. Considering capabilities of human brain, will and body as a whole, it would make us superbeings. Still mortal, but limited only by our physical structure.

What to you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,754 • Replies: 38

View best answer, chosen by Vernon of Prague
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 05:39 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
I remember a probably famous photo of long ago, maybe in the sixties, of a plate with a pill on it.

I would not invest in that.

Present interest seems to go toward immune mechanisms, with the body's cells also able to fix stuff.

People who go for a high with pills will work their way up at any given time re available drugs stollen.

I had an available drug stollen, it was in my stollen purse a day after after a breast cancer general anaethesia surgery. I'd only taken a half of one anyway. No loss, in my situation, but could be horrible for others.

I'd rather things get better for people so they don't need to self medicate, than find a philosophic perfect pill.

Pain has many sponsors, both pill wise and therapy wise, but is also a true horror for a lot of people.
Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 05:51 pm
@ossobuco,
I have really no idea what are you talking about. Neutral

is this some sort of English I don't know bout or am I just I too drunk!? Drunk
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 06:04 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
Definitely one to raise average IQ. We need to prevent self extinction the sooner the better.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 06:09 pm
Well, Fog of Prague, I can't figure you out either, much as some of us don't with other philosophy posters.

I remain mildly interested in that some people I respect are philosophy knowledgeable. By and large, I see a2k posts on philosophy as a field of piffle.

thack45

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 06:11 pm
I would like to see a pill that, when taken, you instantly know for a fact whether or not god exists. Bonus: I only need one
Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 06:21 pm
@ossobuco,
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/768/057/7e2.gif

( I am starting to like you! )
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 06:23 pm
@thack45,
however both answers would be terrifying. If there is no gos, we are all alone in waste universe. If there is one, how is he like?? And which religion is closest to him?
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 06:24 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I am very smart (when I am not drunk) and I do not intend to kill me or anyone else. What do you mean?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 08:30 pm
The answer is a pill that eliminates the need to sleep.
chai2

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 08:44 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
Vernon of Prague wrote:

a cure for cancer

This one.

Cancer causes so much of the physical (and emotional) pain we have.

Plus, all the billions of dollars that are currently being spent on research could be used for clean energy.

With clean energy, we wouldn't need super strength, as we would have machines to do what we cannot.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 09:22 pm
@chai2,
how many people right now have cancer?

How many people right now dont want to go to bed?

Remember the question is most in demand.
tsarstepan
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 09:34 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
Wolverine-style regeneration and immortality?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 09:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

The answer is a pill that eliminates the need to sleep.

That's the plot to the movie Limitless (2011).
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 10:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

how many people right now have cancer?

How many people right now dont want to go to bed?

Remember the question is most in demand.

How many people are right now in excrutiating pain, waiting for death to take them? How many others are suffering because the person they love most in life is in such pain and suffering?

I think what would more in demand than staying up is not having a wild fire in your system taking your life at the present, or knowing it will take you in the future, in a horrible way.

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 10:05 pm
I would go along with Fil - a pill that raises the average IQ of every single person on earth, or give them a fountain of youth pill? It's a toss here...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 10:07 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
How many people are right now in excrutiating pain, waiting for death to take them? How many others are suffering because the person they love most in life is in such pain and suffering?

I dont know, but I am guessing that for every one there are at least 300 who would go to great expense to not need to go to bed tonight. Who hate not doing their best work because they are tired. Who would love to be able to downsize and down cost their lives by not needing a room to sleep in anymore.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 02:31 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil...if we raised our intelligence, the first thing we might do is to self-destruct.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/IwDeYy2wQSI/0.jpg

This is a picture of one of the most vicious, killing animals ever to inhabit planet Earth...swimming in front of a fish.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 02:42 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Why do you think a higher IQ is needed ? With a higher IQ comes a higher chance of suicide, drug abuse, and stress .
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 03:13 am
@Ionus,
Yes all those are true but the price is small if we gone prevent self destruction. We need a better ability to predict the future without it being in your face. Raising averages is needed.