What would be the most in demand pill in the world?

Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 03:21 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Are you saying a higher IQ of a population leads to a better ability to predict the future ?
Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 03:26 am
How about a pill that allows you to know exactly who and what you are ?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 03:27 am
@Ionus,
I do believe so. Most of the species barely can abstract to events next week.
Global warming, ocean pollution, population growth, and all that jazz is stuff they don't lose sleep over.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 03:28 am
"Cancer" is not one disease; it is hundreds. Why haven’t scientists cured cancer yet? Leaving aside the trite answer of “Which cancer?” I can say this: Because it’s hard. It’s very, very hard. It’s harder than going to the moon; it’s harder than building the nuclear bomb; it’s harder than wiping out smallpox. All of those were, of course, also very, very hard too, but cancer is a harder nut to crack still. It’s hundreds, perhaps thousands, of diseases. Each type of cancer can be many, even dozens, of different diseases in itself. Each tumor can be many diseases that are constantly evolving, both in response to the environment in which the cancer cells grow and to treatments that are thrown at them. So a pill that "cures cancer" is essentially a piece of magic, not science, and the OP's question becomes "what magic trick would you most like to perform?".
Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 03:30 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
A lot of that stuff was the result of intelligence . All species die out, so will this entire planet . Thats why I think Green is an emotional nonsense . Perhaps the extra intelligence could be put to the use of getting us the hell out of here .
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 03:34 am
@Ionus,
I don't see how a pill that could improve your self awareness wouldn't improve your awareness at large...maybe you mean specifically one targeting the right side of the brain ?
...well....I rather we improve it as a whole not just one corner of it...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 03:37 am
@Ionus,
...oooh you think "green" is emotional nonsense and that "getting out of here" is sort of almost like easy ???
...right...got ya...
Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 03:39 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I mean one that allows you to know your strengths and weaknesses without all the bluff the average person goes through trying to analyse themselves . I see that as saving a lot of grief .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 03:41 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
you think "green" is emotional nonsense
Yes .

Quote:
that "getting out of here" is sort of almost like easy
No . I think it is essential . This planet has a use by date .
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 03:44 am
@Ionus,
It has 1 billion years ahead until temperature rises beyond comfort levels. So what is your point ? You don't believe in self sustained ecosystems ?
Go study some biology.
Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 03:53 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
My point is if you wanna save the Earth, we should get off of it . As for a billion years, when would you like to start ? 2 million years time ? 6 million ? Will you set the alarm clock or shall I ? And I hope you can guarantee a billion years, free of asteroid impact, solar flares, Ice Ages, super volcanoes and others .

Quote:
Go study some biology.
Ah, the arrogance .
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 04:17 am
@Ionus,
....man seriously...like really ?
...you think solar flares, asteroids falling, and **** like that are exclusive to Earth disasters ? Are you drunk ?

Arrogance ? Me ? lol...

...let me see if I got this right...so you want to take on a huge endeavour of getting a world population out of planet in the next 100-200 years to God knows where instead of preserving a perfectly balanced ecosystem right here and I am the arrogant among us ?

...I love Star Trek, am all in favour of getting Nasa back to shape and increasing their budget...I have no problem with the idea of starting a small colony in Mars to decrease to half the probability of extinction, and grow from there, but above all I know my priorities.

...man, seriously, you are awesome at reasoning !

I think we have chatted enough for today, have fun !

Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 04:36 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Yep . I had you pegged . Can you make a post where you dont sound like a sneering arrogant hippy ? Man ? Like seriously ?

Quote:
let me see if I got this right.
No, you didnt "got this right" but no shock there .

Green is what you get if you put hippies in charge of the economy .

Quote:
you are awesome at reasoning !
Thank you . I take it you see yourself as a Renaissance Man, noble of mind and adept at thought...have you considered you are fooling yourself ? You didnt hear anything but a single sentence and you know the rest from ESP . You need a pill :
Quote:
that allows you to know your strengths and weaknesses without all the bluff the average person goes through
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 04:57 am
Anyone here in the forums knows from reading my stuff I don't do well with hippies, Buddhists, and the likes...some of them are OK to me and some of them have said stuff I can relate to an extent...it may be that my right side of the brain is not that good to keep up with them...

...but people, make no mistake, having to chose between hippies and oil Texas cowboys, I go with hippies any day...at least they got some of it right.
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 05:25 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
@Vernon of Prague,
Wolverine-style regeneration and immortality?

WOOOOOHOOOOO! we've got the winner!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 07:08 am
A pill that would make my genitals glow in the dark so I don't have to turn the light on when I go for a piss.
Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 07:53 am
@izzythepush,
You would still have to sit down or piss all over yourself .
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 09:40 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Tes yeux noirs wrote:

"Cancer" is not one disease; it is hundreds. Why haven’t scientists cured cancer yet? Leaving aside the trite answer of “Which cancer?” I can say this: Because it’s hard. It’s very, very hard. It’s harder than going to the moon; it’s harder than building the nuclear bomb; it’s harder than wiping out smallpox. All of those were, of course, also very, very hard too, but cancer is a harder nut to crack still. It’s hundreds, perhaps thousands, of diseases. Each type of cancer can be many, even dozens, of different diseases in itself. Each tumor can be many diseases that are constantly evolving, both in response to the environment in which the cancer cells grow and to treatments that are thrown at them. So a pill that "cures cancer" is essentially a piece of magic, not science, and the OP's question becomes "what magic trick would you most like to perform?".

Which is essentially what he is asking anyway. People are all giving unrealistic answers in any event, all asking for magic to happen.

I would amend the answer to a pill that could stop abnormal cells in the body growing out of control.

Better?

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 12:23 pm
While we are at magic wishing, getting a pill to replace all pills would be neat...
0 Replies