Once I built a railroad, I made it run....

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 04:13 am
I get paid tomorrow!! Tonite is bought to U by a six-pack of Strongbow Cider on credit!!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 04:17 am
margo wrote:
Stilly - Ambo's - need reorganaisation - or is that you, Stilly? Bad reputation for organisation - friend who worked there found it a nightmare, so <fingers crossed>
Smile

They have a fair bit of filing to do - I have thrown away my ruler and invested in some antique 'chains and rods' to measure same.

Must say - the Ambo's rescued my father after he was bitten by a brown snake (it is NEVER the bunny they bite, is it?!) and my mother when she manged to break her ankle thrice (!!!!).

The only thing I can find fault with is their love of paper records..........
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 01:48 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:

Must say - the Ambo's rescued my father after he was bitten by a brown snake (it is NEVER the bunny they bite, is it?!) and my mother when she manged to break her ankle thrice (!!!!).

Dunno about bunnies - but, when I lived out west, I lost 2 cats to brown snakes Confused Crying or Very sad There are fewer brown snakes in the inner west! The reptiles are different here.

Bit accident prone, your parents??? They had you, got bitten by snake, 3 x broken ankle.... Must be right out of luck! Razz
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 03:10 am
So how's the new job going, Mr S?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 03:25 am
To date, a raging success. I have just finished shoving a mass of paper into a set of compactuses (compactii?) in a manner that defies traditional space and time*. My supervisor is impressed and pretends not to notice when I mention the words 'mini-skip' and 'shredder'. They are a nice mob, but morale on the front-line seems to be a little... ragged.

*I started to remove the bulldog clips from the files as a come across them, they are incredibly bulky. But, it isn't all that easy - the damn things tend to slide under your fingernails as you open the 'wings'. If I say that I 'have filed till my fingers bled', THIS IS NOT an exaggeration!!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 09:15 pm
Stilly
Keep filing - it's an ancient and revered occupation.

Waiting for more news....Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 12:22 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
To date, a raging success.

..They are a nice mob, but morale on the front-line seems to be a little... ragged.

... If I say that I 'have filed till my fingers bled', THIS IS NOT an exaggeration!!

Good to hear that you are impressing them, Mr S! :wink: Who knows what daunting responsibilities are about to present themselves? Anyway, it doesn't sound like a stressful horror movie type of job, so things could be much, much worse, yes?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 03:16 am
msolga wrote:
Good to hear that you are impressing them, Mr S! :wink: Who knows what daunting responsibilities are about to present themselves? Anyway, it doesn't sound like a stressful horror movie type of job, so things could be much, much worse, yes?

You probably have been perusing my additions to the 'I hate my job' thread. I seem to recall my... offerings... included words like 'hit' and 'kill' and 'boss' in close proximity. Yes, this is a fairly easy gig - I am finding that adapting to records management is a rather easy slide. Unfortunately it will be running out in four weeks which requires more job-searching (and agency bashing). I frequently jump from one contract to another on a week to week basis, this is not a career option for the faint-hearted let me assure you.......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 04:52 am
Ah, I know all about this, Mr S!
My contract runs out in 2 weeks time .... Not such a terrible thing really, if it wasn't for the loss of $$$$.
0 Replies