ehBeth

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 09:43 pm
@ehBeth,
from Faith's message

Quote:
He loves you folks on A2K beyond belief and I know all of you love him.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 09:56 pm
My sympathy to all who knew Andy . I hope this inevitable stage of life is gentle on him .
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 09:59 pm
I don't recall any interactions with Andrew, but he certainly left enough of an impression that I too had wondered why I haven't seen him posting. What really sticks with me is not just that he was usually–if not always–kind and patient with me, but also a sense that it was certainly more so than perhaps I had coming. My most heartfelt regards to him and his loved ones
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 10:14 pm
@ehBeth,
hey ehbeth, I managed to connect to Andy in Hilo. Unfortunately he couldn't hear me, and said he would call me back. The nurse said he left me a voice message, but I think it must have gone to someone else, because Im pretty sure he assumed I was someone else. I'll send you a PM.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 10:42 pm
@glitterbag,
Thanks glitterbag. I've let Faith know that you called.

I will give him a call tomorrow.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 10:46 pm
@glitterbag,
I hope that theres a way we could help him fight his depression .
ehBeth

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 10:50 pm
@farmerman,
I think hearing from us will mean a lot to Andy. If we can take turns calling/talking/leaving messages, it will help his spirit.

glitterbag has given me the number she used. I've left a msg for Faith to confirm if there is any other number we can use.

If anyone wants to try the number glitterbag used, let one of us know by p.m. so we can share it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 11:58 pm
I've met Andrew and exchanged quite a few emaisl over all those years.
We shared more than just the same profession.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 02:29 am
@ehBeth,

Quote:
I've also suggested they have an internet savvy friend come to this thread to collect messages to Andy

I love that idea Beth. He's such a lovely man, would be awesome for him I can only imagine how many dear friends that he has here. I used to like the challenge he'd give on the word games and forever, a "gentleman".

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 05:08 am
My many conversations with Andy go way, way back. He was a gentleman always.

Yesterday I lost a dear friend to stomach cancer. My visits with him during the last two weeks caused a rage for me because of the fact that societal objections to physician assisted suicide made it impossible for him to die with more dignity...and with much less pain than he had to endure.

Anyway, Andy was a guy willing to live in the mouth of a volcano. Such a person is made of very strong stuff...and I hope his strength helps him better endure his particular end game.

Another layer of sadness for me in a week dominated by sadness.

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 06:19 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I hope that theres a way we could help him fight his depression .

That would be my hope too.

While there is nothing wrong with calling him, having to make phone conversation might be difficult for him if he is severely depressed--it might be an additional source of stress for him, particularly if a number of people suddenly start calling him. The OP indicates that communication with him is difficult.

It would be good if we could continue to express our feelings and concern for him in threads like this one, and in PMs and e-mails, and there was a way of making sure he could see and read them, and re-read them, at his own pace, and as often as necessary. If he can sign into his A2K account, perhaps a social worker, or even a nurse, at the facility he is in, could print these out for him--helping to relieve his depression in that way should be a part of his treatment.

I have been worried about Andy because his recent absence has been quite noticeable and he has been missed. As others have mentioned, he is always such a gentleman, something that has, unfortunately, become a rarer and rarer commodity at A2K recently. And his always thoughtful, intelligent, articulate comments have made him a valued contributor and one of my favorite people to read and interact with.

I am so sorry to hear he is going through such a difficult time. I hope there will be something we can do to lift his mood at least a little. Knowing how many of us care about him might help.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 08:06 am
Oh dear, Andy was always a nice bloke. We could disagree without falling out.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 10:25 am
One of the best persons to chat with - ever!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 10:49 am
Very sorry to read this sad and unfortunate news of Andy s health and state of mind. Always think of him as a kind and caring man, hoping beyond hope that he comes through this and knows how much he is loved and appreciated by so many.

He is and will always be a huge part of our A2K family.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 04:28 pm
I met Andy in New York. He's a good kid. Wishing him well and some comfort and peace.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 05:16 pm
Just read this. Last time I saw one of MA's posts here, he was telling us about snow blocking the mountain roads in his tropical paradise. He also posted a photo of himself (and friends) at a barbecue.

Merry is definitely one of the good guys, and my thoughts are with him.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 05:43 pm
This makes me feel very sad ... my thought and prayers go out to merry , family and all us friends. Merry you know we all think highly of you.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 06:52 pm
Merry or Lustig, but always a fine fellow. May he return to us soon.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
vonny

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 02:45 am
Andrew is a wonderfully kind and patient person. A perfect gentleman in every sense of the word. I hope he'll recover from his depression - he doesn't deserve any sort of sorrow. Such a good man.
0 Replies