CalamityJane

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2018 11:03 pm
@Roberta,
I was fortunate to have met him as well - in San Francisco along with Faith, his wife. Such a gentleman, humble, friendly and never let on how intellectual he really was.

Roberta, yes he came from Latvia - "Landsmann" - coming from the same land.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2018 11:44 pm
@CalamityJane,
I've met him twice. He even was as impressive in real life (even more) than on the internet.
(He'd lived a very short period in Germany as well after he had to leave Latvia.)
glitterbag

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2018 01:10 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I wish Seaglass was still here. I think it might be comforting for her to know that others remember and miss Merry Andrew.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2018 01:57 am
Andy's enthusiasm for his home country was material to my visit to Latvia last year. He assured me that I would find it interesting, and he was correct. I thought of him often when I was there.

He is still missed.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 10:05 pm
@margo,
Ditto. I still think about him, and that's something special, because of all the people I have met in my life, he was a very special friend. I was surprised to learn of his many accomplishments on able2know.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2021 01:09 am
I rediscovered this thread tonight, it's comforting to read so many positive things about a man so many of us enjoyed. What a treasure he was.
Mame

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2021 11:33 am
@glitterbag,
He sure was! And such a gentleman in person. He and CI had a great friendship going.

CJ: I think that was Roxxxanne wearing some bizarre outfit. That was funny, too heh heh ... here's one of her posts:

https://able2know.org/topic/120147-1#post-3337321
0 Replies