Squeakybro

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 12:05 pm
@neologist,
perhaps?? Your guessing I'm not. Go see if you can find the word scripture or scriptures in the old testament. The word scriptures doesn't even show up in the old testament and the word scripture only shows up in one verse. And it is talking about the future. That is talking about the new testament.

2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
(NKJ)

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 12:30 pm
@neologist,
Sausages and eggs, with a tall glass of milk. Mmmmm.
neologist

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 12:34 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
perhaps?? Your guessing I'm not. Go see if you can find the word scripture or scriptures in the old testament. The word scriptures doesn't even show up in the old testament and the word scripture only shows up in one verse. And it is talking about the future. That is talking about the new testament.

2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
(NKJ)
Perhaps you are obtuse. Jesus quoted from the scriptures.
Quote:
And starting with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them things pertaining to himself in all the Scriptures. (Luke 24:27)
You know - God's word
Quote:
And many peoples will go and say:
“Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah,
To the house of the God of Jacob.
He will instruct us about his ways,
And we will walk in his paths.”
For law will go out of Zion,
And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. (Isaiah 2:3)
Quote:
Your word is a lamp to my foot,
And a light for my path. (psalm 119:105)
Quote:
So my word that goes out of my mouth will be
It will not return to me without results,
But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight,
And it will have sure success in what I send it to do. (Isaiah 55:11)
You know - this word:
Quote:
Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth. (John 17:17)
Quote:
Preach the word; be at it urgently in favorable times and difficult times; reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all patience and art of teaching. (2 Timothy 4:2)
I really like this one:
Quote:
Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thes·sa·lo·niʹca, for they accepted the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so. (Acts 17:11)
And I say this without guessing and with the greatest sympathy
neologist

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 12:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
You also need toast with jam
And coffee.

But squeaky will just cut and paste 52 pages from his bible and call it meat.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 02:32 pm
@neologist,

ABOUT THE OLD TESTAMENT
FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
2 Cor 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Gal 4:4-5
4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,
5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
1 Cor 10:1-12
1 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,
2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
3 all ate the same spiritual food,
4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
5 But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.
6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted.
7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, "The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play."
8 Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell;
9 nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents;
10 nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer.
11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, on whom the ends of the ages have come.
12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
John 4:23-24
23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
John 17:17
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
John 3:33
33 "He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
John 3:35-36
35 "The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.
36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3-8
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Gal 2:19-21
19 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Gal 3:24-25
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
Gal 5:1-5
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
Gal 4:21
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?
Rom 7:4-6
4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another-- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
1 Pet 2:19-21
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
II Jn 1:9-11
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
John 1:17
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)
xxx Jesus wants everyone who is going to be a christian to understand that the new covenant(testament) is just that new. That you cant go back and keep any part of the old testament that Jesus hasnt brought over to the new testament. Jesus new what to bring over man doesnt. But the old testament has to be obsolete to you in order for you to get the fullness of the new testament. 11John 1-9 is very specific if you dont abide(live) in the new testament you dont have the real God. There IS a veil over the old testament that remains to THIS day.
If Jesus were in the old testament this verse could only be meant for God and the angels. But Jesus wasnt in the old testament.

John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

xxx Jesus nailed the old testament to the cross. If you have nailed the old testament to your cross, you are in Christ.

Col 2:13-14
13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
(NKJ)

Acts 15:10
10 "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
(NKJ)

Acts 15:24-29
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, 'You must be circumcised and keep the law'-- to whom we gave no such commandment--
25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:
29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.
(NKJ)

Rom 2:1-29

1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?
4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6 who "will render to each one according to his deeds":
7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness-- indignation and wrath,
9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;
10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
11 For there is no partiality with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
17 Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God,
18 and know His will, and approve the things that are excellent, being instructed out of the law,
19 and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness,
20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, having the form of knowledge and truth in the law.
21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?
22 You who say, "Do not commit adultery," do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?
24 For "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you," as it is written.
25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.
26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision?
27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law?
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;
29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:7
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:1

1 For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.
(NKJ)

Col 2:11-14
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:9
9 then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 03:30 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
ABOUT THE OLD TESTAMENT
FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.. . . .
You continue to ignore the fact that the designation Old Testament traditionally given to the Hebrew Scriptures, refers only to the Law Covenant, the requirements of which Jesus fulfilled. It is obsolete only in that we are no longer under its requirements. We don't stone adulterers, for example. Yet it continues to have relevance in that it instructs us as to God's personality and requirements. AND the Hebrew scriptures contain much more than the Law Covenant.

You ignore these at your peril - 2 Timothy 3:16
neologist

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 03:33 pm
@Squeakybro,
I should also say that, while I have little hope of bringing you to accurate knowledge, I continue to post here so that others may see the truth of the good news.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 04:21 pm
@neologist,
I cant separate them because the Word doesn't separate them. Cant you see that John the Baptist is the separation between the old testament and the new testament.

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 04:23 pm
@neologist,
I hope the people see the truth also. But I'm showing them according to the Word. Your just giving your own opinion.

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 12:58 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I cant separate them because the Word doesn't separate them.
Apparently,your spirit did. See below.
Squeakybro wrote:
Cant you see that John the Baptist is the separation between the old testament and the new testament.
John's hope was in the Law Covenant, true . . .
I've repeated all your citations here, but will focus on just one:
Squeakybro wrote:
Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)
Your spirit separated this part of Jesus' words regarding John
Quote:
11“Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(Emphasis mine)
Do you understand what Jesus said? John died before Jesus instituted the new covenant. Therefore, he was not able to partake of the heavenly kingdom. In fact, none of those who died before Jesus' time could be eligible. And, only a little flock could enter into the new covenant.
Quote:
“Have no fear, little flock, for your Father has approved of giving you the Kingdom. (Luke 12:32)
The reason for a little flock is explained in several places, none more plainly than at Revelation 1:6
Quote:
and he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father—yes, to him be the glory and the might forever
Their privilege is to rule in heaven as the bride of Christ.

Happily, though, John the Baptist, along with the vast majority of humans will enjoy life on earth, the same life promised to Adam and Eve. You know - "the meek shall inherit the earth" - that life.

I hope that will relieve you of at least some of your confusion.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 01:38 am
@neologist,
lolo I'm not the one confused you are. Your the one who opened the conversation with the old testament was separated by ONLY the law covenant and the rest. My reply was I cant separate the old testament that way because the Word doesn't separate that way.
Then you got off on a tangent about John the Baptist. And finished with the Bride of Christ. Which is really screwed up. We are only the guests at the wedding, we are NOT THE BRIDE. The Bride is the New Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven.

Rev 21:9-11
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife."
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal.
(NKJ)

You said
You continue to ignore the fact that the designation Old Testament traditionally given to the Hebrew Scriptures, refers only to the Law Covenant, the requirements of which Jesus fulfilled.
I said
I cant separate them because the Word doesn't separate them. Cant you see that John the Baptist is the separation between the old testament and the new testament.
You said
Your spirit separated this part of Jesus' words regarding John
(Emphasis mine)
Do you understand what Jesus said? John died before Jesus instituted the new covenant. Therefore, he was not able to partake of the heavenly kingdom. In fact, none of those who died before Jesus' time could be eligible. And, only a little flock could enter into the new covenant.
The reason for a little flock is explained in several places, none more plainly than at Revelation 1:6
Quote:
and he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father—yes, to him be the glory and the might forever
Their privilege is to rule in heaven as the bride of Christ.

Happily, though, John the Baptist, along with the vast majority of humans will enjoy life on earth, the same life promised to Adam and Eve. You know - "the meek shall inherit the earth" - that life.

I hope that will relieve you of at least some of your confusion.
I said
The only confusion comes from you. You seem to have trouble focusing.
neologist

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 03:06 pm
@Squeakybro,
Actually, the little flock makes up the bride. But that might be way too much 'meat' for you to understand.

It's sufficient for now to remind you that John the Baptist did not live long enough to partake of the New Covenant. He will receive the same reward the faithful ones and prophets were guaranteed from the Edenic Promise onward. Among those there has never been one greater.
neologist

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 03:12 pm
@Squeakybro,
BTW, you've been here long enough to have learned how to denote quotes. It is extremely rude on your behalf to subject others to your lax scholarship.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 05:17 pm
@neologist,
Do you know that is heresy? Read the scriptures. We are only guests at the wedding.

Rev 21:9-11
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife."
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal.
(NKJ)
neologist

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 12:13 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Do you know that is heresy? Read the scriptures. We are only guests at the wedding.
Read Revelation 14: 1-4. Who are they?
Hint: think "little flock"
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 01:16 pm
@neologist,
Them are the Jews who made it to heaven. Twelve thousand from each of the twelve tribes. That's not the wedding to Jesus.

Rev 14:1-4

1 Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father's name written on their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps.
3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 02:58 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Them (sic) are the Jews who made it to heaven. Twelve thousand from each of the twelve tribes. That's not the wedding to Jesus.

Rev 14:1-4

1 Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father's name written on their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps.
3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.
(NKJ)
Wrong again. These are the ones who constitute Spiritual Israel. - Romans 2:29. Read over the list of tribes in Revelation chapter 7 and see if you can discern why they don't match the historical tribes. It's because they are symbolic. After all, even you have asserted the Law Testament to be obsolete.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 03:58 pm
@neologist,
That is really a cheap trick-------- (sic)
neologist

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 06:20 pm
@Squeakybro,
Every one makes typos. And they are generally ignored.
You, on the other hand, insist on your own rules of spelling and composition, then arrogantly expect us to accept your morphisms as divinely inspired.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 07:48 pm
@neologist,
Are you saying that (sic) is a typo?