Oh wait, it should be Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 01:06 pm
GO AND WATCH THE BLOODY GAME!!
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 01:08 pm
I can both watch the game and type at the same time. Is that good enough, milady?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 01:44 pm
Yes, Clary, real football fans are multi-talented! (At least, Rick and I are).
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 01:46 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 02:21 pm
Rick, Gautam. I'm impressed.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 03:06 pm
Ah! Of course, you people who only have one room...
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 03:07 pm
... or the computer and the TV is the same room. Is that what you mean, milady?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 03:07 pm
... in the same room*
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 03:10 pm
yes, forced to have all the different machines in one room... chez moi, we spread them out, so that whoever is glued to the TV is not disturbing the computer user.

Good for Greece, though!!
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 03:12 pm
Clary wrote:
yes, forced to have all the different machines in one room... chez moi, we spread them out, so that whoever is glued to the TV is not disturbing the computer user.

Hmmm...good one.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 03:16 pm
Regarding the name of the topic: forgive me my ignorance, but which kind of sport is called an English football? Football is an American game, and British people prefer soccer...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 03:22 pm
steissd

The sport, which called by American ignorance "soccer" is called by those, who invented it FOOTBALL.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 03:22 pm
Football first codified in england = association football= soccer.

Clear now?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 03:28 pm
Israel, btw, is member of the UEFA (and not of UESA; all football national organisations are members of the FIFA). :wink:
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 10:40 pm
steissd wrote:
Regarding the name of the topic: forgive me my ignorance, but which kind of sport is called an English football? Football is an American game, and British people prefer soccer...

Rubbish!

Football involves kicking some sort of ball with the foot! There's a squillion different codes.

That stuff they call football, in America, is well...... not really related to football as the real world knows it.

In Australia, there are at least 5 different codes, the 4th of which (in popularity levels) is soccer, and the 5th of which is that funny game the expat Yanks play..... Twisted Evil It doesn't seem to involve much footing Confused
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 02:16 am
"American football" derives, as i have read, from a game of football played between Harvard University and McGill University (Canada) in the 1890's, during which it was agreed to play by "Harvard rules." The game was not essentially different, but had been more strictly codified than had been the case previously. The evolution of the game in the United States and Canada have followed similar but not identical lines (no doubt, from proximity). Ironically, when i speak of football as it is usually played internationally, my friends will object that it is not football, but rather that it is soccer.

Australian football hardly qualifies as a sport. It is second only to the hurly as played in Ireland as an example of socially sanctioned, casual mayhem.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 02:23 am
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Gautum wrote:
My parents were not even born until '48 - what does that make me ??

How old are you. My father was born in '52, and I'm 17. Does that make you 21? :wink:

I wish !!! People married very ealry in India in that age and time, so I am <shock> <gasp> <horror> 33 in 3 months time !!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 02:25 am
Clary wrote:
By the way, I would have thought you, Gauty, would support my nude mud-wrestling idea.

Yeah !!! I support I support fully I support with all my heart and soul...

What nude wrestling ?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 02:26 am
panzade wrote:
Rick, Gautam. I'm impressed.

What did we do now ? Embarrassed
0 Replies