Republicans Compete Over Who Wants Most U.S. Troops in Iraq

glitterbag

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 06:42 am
There is something terribly wrong with you. Im sorry I allowed myself to get so pissed off, sometimes I forget that some of the posters are mentally ill. Obviously you haven't a clue what you are writing about and I need to remember that some of out arm chair warriors weren't even around when Tet occurred. Reminds me of Ann Coulter who can call Max Clelland, a Viet Nam vet who lost three limbs in Viet Nam a coward who caused us to lose the war. Ann is a professional provocateur, you're just an amateur who assumes everyone else is disengaged from responsibility and rational thinking. Im sorry you're not well, but if it make you feel better, you didn't hurt my feelings. I was just furious with the outrageous allegations you made, but you haven't been around very long. Im sure you must be very involved in improving legislation that will improve the care for our wounded vets. Its kind of sad you apparently just let your martyr complex out of the box, and although you sound like a complete idiot, I suppose that happens when you don't very much about what the world was like over 45 years ago. It didn't occur to me that neither you or your father served in a shooting war, Im sorry you were born too late. You are just suffering from a bad case of rewritten history. Ill pray for you.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 06:51 am
@Ionus,
Dingbat, one, I was there. Two, Glitter was working in Intelligence gathering at that time. Three, my wife was with CIA at Udorn working with developing target intel at the same time.

Three witnesses who know exactly what we are talking about. You, meanwhile, are mouthing absolute BULLSHIT. At no time did we EVER control any area we weren't occupying and even then, like during Tet, that was up for grabs. We never ever for even a day managed to close down the the Ho Chi Mihn trail.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 07:19 am
They’re all still lying about Iraq: The real story about the biggest blunder in American history

Republicans’ verbal gyrations over the Iraq War should not be dismissed as the usual rhetorical jabberwocky of an election season. Their stumblings and justifications provide an important window into a larger, crucial story. They reveal that Movement Conservatives remain rooted in a worldview that has been outdated for so long it is now delusional.

The tempest began in a teapot when Fox News’s Megyn Kelly asked Jeb Bush whether he would have gone into Iraq knowing what we know now. Bush said yes, defending the 2003 invasion that more than 70% of Americans now think was a mistake. This answer prompted astonished observers to wonder how he could have fumbled so badly. Within days, Bush stammered first to the suggestion that he had misheard the question, and then concluded that he would, in fact, have opposed the operation altogether.

But Bush’s first answer was not an error. It revealed his continuing loyalty to a series of principles to which he actually put his name in 1997. With those principles, a group of elite white men set out to revive the Cold War world that had given men like them control of the rest of humanity. Those principles dictated the Iraq War, and — although they are completely obsolete — they still animate Movement Conservatives.

===

The debacle that became the morass in Iraq has roots in arguments far older than today’s debates over whether or not presidential candidates would have gone into Iraq knowing what we know now. Those debates illustrate a delusional view of foreign affairs based in a perilous worldview. That worldview establishes that a small group of elites can simply dictate reality, no matter how out of touch with the real world they are. It is the last-ditch fight of an aging group of white men who cannot accept that their supremacy was not because of their extraordinary worth but because the vagaries of history aligned, very briefly, to make men like them supreme. Those historical circumstances were unique, and they are long gone.

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/24/theyre_all_still_lying_about_iraq_the_real_story_about_the_biggest_blunder_in_american_history_and_the_right_wings_obsessive_need_to_cover_it_up/
\
Ionus

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 09:00 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Its kind of sad you apparently just let your martyr complex out of the box
Did you happen to notice anything about being a martyr in your posts about you ?

Quote:
It didn't occur to me that neither you or your father served in a shooting war
I'm sure you will understand if I dont brag . Unlike some, I am happy for my family's contribution to remain anonymous .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 09:20 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Dingbat, one, I was there. Two, Glitter was working in Intelligence gathering at that time. Three, my wife was with CIA at Udorn working with developing target intel at the same time. Three witnesses who know exactly what we are talking about.
This is the internet . I am sure you are a astronaut/brain surgeon/nuclear physicist, but I would like academic verifiable proof .

I say we had militarily beaten the Viet Cong and the smuggled NVA units . Their capacity to wage war was severely curtailed . It was won . And you respond with the Ho Chi Minh trail remaining open .

Ref 1
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/tet-who-won-99179501/?no-ist
Quote:
In fact, in strictly military terms, the two-month struggle known as the Tet Offensive was a disaster for the attackers.

Ref 2
http://www.marxist.com/tet-offensive-part-one.htm
Quote:
However, from a military point of view it must be seen as a defeat for the NLF.

Ref 3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viet_Cong#Tet_Offensive
Quote:
By the end of 1969, there was little communist-held territory, or "liberated zones", in South Vietnam, according to the official communist military history.

Do you object to the references : The Smithsonian, A Marxist website, Wikipedia quoting the official Vietnamese Communist History . I can get more if you like .

So, Dopey, how are the other seven dwarfs ?
Ionus

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 09:22 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Exactly how do you think Iraq was not won ?
thack45

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 09:25 am
Yeah they made a banner and everything
revelette2

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 02:12 pm
@thack45,
Laughing
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 04:57 pm
@Ionus,
You're stupid beyond words. Go do something extremely unpleasant to yourself. We were there. You weren't.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 05:04 pm
@Ionus,
Surely you jest. We degraded a military that went toe to toe with the Iranians, before we showed up to break up an imaginary connection between al Qaeda and Hussain and devolve imaginary WMDs, Iraq had the highest literacy rate in the middle east, just less than Israel, had the only secular government that had a democratically elected legislature, had a large Jewish and Christian population, had a sizable middle class. Now? Borderline chaos.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 07:25 pm
@Ionus,
You are the ultimate hypocritical prick. And a coward.
Ionus

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 07:30 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
You're stupid beyond words. Go do something extremely unpleasant to yourself. We were there. You weren't.
How silly of me....everyone on the Titanic suddenly knew about ship building, even if only for a very short time . Everyone in NY during 9/11 is now an expert on Terrorism and Counter Terrorism . People who are in these sorts of things usually have less knowledge than those who set out to compare accounts and study the events . But you know more than the sources I stated because you were there . Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Ionus

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 07:34 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You seem to measure whether or not the military won a war by how much you can whinge about it . Werent you there for this one ? So according to you, your opinion is invalid . I hate to introduce facts, yet again, but Iraq's current troubles started with another Saddam Hussein next door in Syria . Its current woes would probably have occurred anyway .
Ionus

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 07:37 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
You are the ultimate hypocritical prick. And a coward.
Laughing This is from someone who thinks they are doing well if they find someone they hate, jump into that thread, abuse them and walk away feeling they have contributed to another's depth of knowledge . You are a mealy mouthed little arsehole who would have been put to better use as a serial killer . At least it would be a good use of your charming personality .
Ionus

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 09:12 pm
http://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11351303_825575067513416_3203606713838209981_n.jpg?oh=05a09cd4dbcf794ac4a8d5c628d2670e&oe=55C30280

Freedom comes at a terrible price...but what is the cost without it ?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 09:46 pm
I have family buried in Arlington, anybody else? As awful as that is, I know on this Memorial Day we can honor their service and sacrifice. God bless America and our Allies, without whom we would still be in the dark.
Ionus

Reply Sun 24 May, 2015 11:46 pm
@glitterbag,
Amen .
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 25 May, 2015 06:24 am
@Ionus,
Look up "syllogism". Your picture ought to be listed right in the definition.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 25 May, 2015 06:37 am
@Ionus,
My being there only adds to my understanding of what you think you know about.

You're all froth and no beer.

Its Memorial Day and I am not going to let a non serving, historically unburdened, fact bereft, motherless pissant such as yourself ruin it for me.
Ionus

Reply Mon 25 May, 2015 07:13 am
@bobsal u1553115,
So its not only the Vietnam War you know nothing about, its also the psychology of being a witness . Did you get shot in the head ? Memorial Day assumes you have a memory .
0 Replies