is it wrong to make my fiance choose between me and his son?

Linkat

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 10:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
The whole situation sucks -- I really feel for these children. Damn it seems they are not going to have much of a chance in life.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 10:57 am
@fedup2015,
I don't know what to say -- other than this situation is bad -- for all. Sorry for all this and especially sorry for the kids.

To be honest - if you are a sane person, and as much as I do not advocate for deserting children - I don't think there is much you can do - it might be best to cut your loses and get out of the situation. You may be dragged into a nightmare for the rest of your life.
0 Replies

fedup2015

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 10:57 am
@ehBeth,
For the most part he picks him up and brings him to our house for the weekend. It's not really us that needs to be supervised it's when he's with her.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 11:08 am
@fedup2015,
If she is accusing your fiance (and whoever else is in your home) of anything to do with the child, your fiance needs to protect his ass.

Supervised pick-ups and visits (as much as possible) are a step toward protecting your fiance's son and that is still what matters most.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 11:08 am

Quote:
The love between a couple and the marriage has to come first and then you care and love for your kids.

I don't think your fiancee feels the same way. He has two kids with two different mothers. It sounds like he still loves and cares for his kids but not their mothers. As long as he's in your life, his kids and exs will be in your life. You need to think about that before you become Mama 3.

Anyway, a parent can't just "sign away their rights" and be done with their kids. The "rights" in question are the kid's rights to have the care and support of the people who created them.

0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 03:21 pm
@fedup2015,
fedup2015 wrote:
is it wrong to make my fiance choose between me and his son?

Are you certain that this is what you're doing? No parents worth their salt will ever abandon their child for a love interest, especially not if the child is suffering abuse. (I suspect you know this because you seem like an intelligent person.) So by telling your fiance to choose between yourself and his son, you are, in effect, breaking up with him. Perhaps you should just call it what it is and move on.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 03:32 pm
@Thomas,
I believe the boy is a stepson. That doesn't change the concern to me, just to clarify. Still his son he wants to love and care for.

My own take is that Mom needs observation, perhaps at some higher level re agencies.
0 Replies